AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Taylor Swift Releases "I Knew You Were Trouble" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2915762)

The Revisionist 10/09/12 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianacarly (Post 113995102)
Awful, disgusting song. Bitter her boyfriend dumped her so she's calling the other girl a slut. Immature, condescending, and bitter. Just the same reason Paramore's Misery Business is awful. Pick on the guy who dumped/rejected you, but leave the other girl out of it imo. Same reason I don't like You Belong With Me (picking on the girl who has done nothing to her instead of disliking the guy for passing her up). Nobody can "steal" your boyfriend. idk idk I clearly have a lot of feelings, but I am not here for songs like that. I think it reinforces some unhealthy lines of thinking.

I do like some of her other songs, but when it comes to that one it pushes a button haha

You are great.

Chuck! 10/09/12 08:02 AM

Chorus is more reminiscent of Ratatat than dubstep

I dig it

derekjd 10/09/12 08:04 AM

When does this album drop?

zachff 10/09/12 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 113995002)
Lights.

Exactly my thoughts

Matt Chylak 10/09/12 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Retenauer (Post 113999112)
Love this track. Absolutely a testament to her diversity.

People complaining about cohesion on this album ought to wait to hear more than 25% of it, and people complaining about whether or not she's country.. well, to put it simply, I'd rather argue over the Kanye thing than entertain those claims anymore. I'll never understand why people are so obsessed with pinning people to genres or why an artist who breaks through in a genre is forever confined to said genre by her fans. Like she's obliged to write country-pop for her entire career in spite of her being 8 years older.

I think we've pretty much exhausted that argument

bradsonemanband 10/09/12 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekrvr (Post 114002122)
When does this album drop?

Oct 22

Holly HoX! 10/09/12 08:44 AM

These threads are always an entertaining read.

Thanks everyone

HeyItsAllyssa 10/09/12 08:54 AM

It's different which is good, after 3 or 4 listens I loved it. Can't wait for Red to come out. Who cares what genre she is "in" just enjoy the music people.

JunkBondTrader 10/09/12 09:25 AM

solid tune

HarryPotter 10/09/12 09:33 AM

A lot of Taylor's recent releases haven't had a country element.

HarryPotter 10/09/12 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianacarly (Post 113995102)
Awful, disgusting song. Bitter her boyfriend dumped her so she's calling the other girl a slut. Immature, condescending, and bitter. Just the same reason Paramore's Misery Business is awful. Pick on the guy who dumped/rejected you, but leave the other girl out of it imo. Same reason I don't like You Belong With Me (picking on the girl who has done nothing to her instead of disliking the guy for passing her up). Nobody can "steal" your boyfriend. idk idk I clearly have a lot of feelings, but I am not here for songs like that. I think it reinforces some unhealthy lines of thinking.

I do like some of her other songs, but when it comes to that one it pushes a button haha

Personally I like it this way. Whenever I get caught cheating, it's the other girl that gets all the blame. I usually get off scot-free.

Joking

Cody Nelson 10/09/12 10:58 AM

Holy Christ, this song is fantastic.

Keri 10/09/12 11:03 AM

So good!

Spenny 10/09/12 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryPotter (Post 114005162)
Personally I like it this way. Whenever I get caught cheating, it's the other girl that gets all the blame. I usually get off scot-free.

Joking

Poor Ginny :-(

herestoyoufla 10/09/12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenny (Post 114010992)
Poor Ginny :-(

Haha nice. That will never get old for me.