AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: Wind In Sails (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2918462)

Alex DiVincenzo 10/11/12 07:03 AM

ABSOLUTExclusive: Wind In Sails

Vanna founding member Evan Pharmakis left the band earlier this year to pursue a solo project. Dubbed Wind In Sails, he will release his debut album, Brighter Days, tomorrow. In the mean time, you can listen to a song from the effort, "Deep Down," on his AP.net profile. If you liked his clean vocals and guitar work in Vanna, you'll enjoy this City and Colour-esque side of him.

GiantSRH 10/11/12 07:19 AM

All the tracks released so far are really good. Can't wait for tomorrow. Way to go Evan!

ZachMadeMeOdd 10/11/12 07:29 AM

Can't wait for Vanna to break up in 2013 and then have a reunion tour with Evan in 2014.

iAMhollyood315 10/11/12 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachMadeMeOdd (Post 114075772)
Can't wait for Vanna to break up in 2013 and then have a reunion tour with Evan in 2014.

Don't hold your breath

ZachMadeMeOdd 10/11/12 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMhollyood315 (Post 114076992)
Don't hold your breath

Well if the trend sets...

Khouse89 10/11/12 09:27 AM

Wind in sails is great

GetUpAndrew 10/11/12 09:55 AM

Wow, I like it.

RyanGarner 10/11/12 10:13 AM

This is great.

iseejosh 10/11/12 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachMadeMeOdd (Post 114077202)
Well if the trend sets...

Vanna is recording their new record in between tours, they wont break up in 2013. ATCBB is their best record yet, hopefully they can only get better, even without Evan. They were the band to beat on Warped this year, it was between them and ETID.

MATTY-AL4W 10/11/12 10:56 AM

very great solo artist! strong vocals

inthiscrowdedrm 10/11/12 11:04 AM

Evan is a master at his craft. The album is BEAUTIFUL! I hope when he drops it, he blows up and can make WIS into something even bigger!

nothanks666 10/11/12 11:20 AM

Wow, this is garbage. New singer sounds way better, less whiny. Get over it.

iseejosh 10/11/12 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MATTY-AL4W (Post 114080712)
very great solo artist! strong vocals

Not really a fan of r&b or pop, but im digging class of 92, good job man.

ZachMadeMeOdd 10/11/12 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseejosh (Post 114080052)
Vanna is recording their new record in between tours, they wont break up in 2013. ATCBB is their best record yet, hopefully they can only get better, even without Evan. They were the band to beat on Warped this year, it was between them and ETID.

I was honestly just making a joke regarding the insane amount of bands doing so. But, since you brought it up, Vanna couldn't ever hold a flame to ETID.

EvanInSails 10/11/12 12:09 PM

So happy with where I am

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for checking out what I'm doing now. Vanna was a big part of my life. I wrote most of the music/songs and tried my best to write meaningful lyrics that could help people through tough times. I eventually grew out of the life style and misery of being around people who I truly didn't see eye to eye with. That's what this song "deep down" is about. And it's funny that one same person is still talking shit at any chance he can get, I know who you are jackass. Honestly, I don't care if him or anyone else dislike what I'm doing. I'm really happy with where I am, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. And as far as the new Vanna goes, lets see how the record comes out. Considering Chris Campbell and I wrote 80% of ATCBB I don't think it's gonna sound much like that. But who knows, lets wish them the best right?! Anyway Wind In Sails is moving along...my record "Brighter Days" will be released soon...I hope you enjoy it. Thank you endlessly for the support, it means the world!

iseejosh 10/11/12 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanInSails (Post 114084032)
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for checking out what I'm doing now. Vanna was a big part of my life. I wrote most of the music/songs and tried my best to write meaningful lyrics that could help people through tough times. I eventually grew out of the life style and misery of being around people who I truly didn't see eye to eye with. That's what this song "deep down" is about. And it's funny that one same person is still talking shit at any chance he can get, I know who you are jackass. Honestly, I don't care if him or anyone else dislike what I'm doing. I'm really happy with where I am, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. And as far as the new Vanna goes, lets see how the record comes out. Considering Chris Campbell and I wrote 80% of ATCBB I don't think it's gonna sound much like that. But who knows, lets wish them the best right?! Anyway Wind In Sails is moving along...my record "Brighter Days" will be released soon...I hope you enjoy it. Thank you endlessly for the support, it means the world!

Damn, I think ATCBB was Vanna's best record and one of my favorites of the year. I grew up with Vanna so I'll always be following them, and congrats for writing 80% of such a flawless record, you should be proud of that. And in regards to your current project, its amazing. Didnt expect to like it as much as I do. Keep up the amazing work.

EvanInSails 10/11/12 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseejosh (Post 114084182)
Damn, I think ATCBB was Vanna's best record and one of my favorites of the year. I grew up with Vanna so I'll always be following them, and congrats for writing 80% of such a flawless record, you should be proud of that. And in regards to your current project, its amazing. Didnt expect to like it as much as I do. Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks man...I am very proud of that album. Davey had an awesome concept and his lyrics were a cool story to lay over the music. A few of those songs were riffs I had written for a long time. I knew that was going to be my last album with the band so I tried my best to write a gnarly heavy record. I never full out wrote a dirty southern heavy track all the way through and "Silver Sun" came out awesome. White Light is one of my favorites, and the Stoney heavy riffs I wrote for history on repeat are some of my favorite riffs I ever wrote in that band :). And thanks for giving what I'm doing now a shot, it means a lot. I'm glad you enjoy it!

iseejosh 10/11/12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanInSails (Post 114085582)
Thanks man...I am very proud of that album. Davey had an awesome concept and his lyrics were a cool story to lay over the music. A few of those songs were riffs I had written for a long time. I knew that was going to be my last album with the band so I tried my best to write a gnarly heavy record. I never full out wrote a dirty southern heavy track all the way through and "Silver Sun" came out awesome. White Light is one of my favorites, and the Stoney heavy riffs I wrote for history on repeat are some of my favorite riffs I ever wrote in that band :). And thanks for giving what I'm doing now a shot, it means a lot. I'm glad you enjoy it!

That album took me by surprise in the best way. Its completely different compared to your earlier full lenghts. ATCBB is so heavy, dirty, and everything I wanted out of a Vanna album. I wish you nothing but the best out of your current project!

iseejosh 10/11/12 12:54 PM

Quote:

One more question, was Scarlet Shroud all you or a full badn effort, that was a Vanna song out of left field and took me awhile to get used to but one I keep going back to listen to more than other.

cubsml34 10/11/12 01:57 PM

Simple but I like it, always have been a fan of Evan's vocals as standouts in the post-hardcore scene

xsinkshipsx 10/11/12 02:30 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

someone's bitter. yikes

drewinseries 10/11/12 02:55 PM

Quote:

Norwood American Legion Wind in Sails show?

MATTY-AL4W 10/11/12 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseejosh (Post 114081862)
Not really a fan of r&b or pop, but im digging class of 92, good job man.

thanks a lot!!!

MATTY-AL4W 10/11/12 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewinseries (Post 114090552)
Norwood American Legion Wind in Sails show?

backed!

CastlesXClouds 10/11/12 04:08 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Evan, you were right. I love this version of Deep Down. :-)

EvanInSails 10/12/12 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsinkshipsx (Post 114089682)
someone's bitter. yikes

I'm actually not bitter at all. I'm quite happy I left. Ever since I left the band I've been getting slandered and bashed by people involved with the band. For some reason they can't just let it go. So I think your a bit mixed up about who's bitter. I wish Vanna the best and have no issue with them. It was a bit hard to leave a band I worked my ass off to get where it is, lets just suffice it to say I really just needed to move on to what I'm doing now, and I think we are all better off. So yeah!! Good for us all