AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Stream Anberlin's New Album "Vital" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2918752)

emerson1892 10/13/12 07:03 AM

Little Tyrants has instantly become one of my favorite Anberlin tracks! This album is awesome!

blameme2008 10/14/12 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecerv (Post 114106692)
Hey guys, so what rpm speed do you think the 10" record will play at? I'm very worried because my record player doesn't have the option for that size. I'm hoping it plays at 33 or 45 rpm's so I can have more hope of being able to hear it. I'll be so bummed if I can't spin this record, it will be a waste of $19.98. ...Anyways, I personally think the 10" size is very interesting. It should've been limited.

it says right on the vinyl itself it plays at 33 1/3. this was after i already switched my record player to a different setting and then realized I didn't need to switch haha

hcjosh 10/14/12 04:54 PM

I will preface this with saying that I am a huge Anberlin fan. I wasn't a big fan of Dark... however I could get into 'Impossible' and 'We Owe This To Ourselves' - but overall it was bland and the production was terrible. Never Take Friendship Personal was a landmark record for me. A real pure Anberlin record. Cities was kind of underwhelming after NTFP - and then I feel they picked it back up with New Surrender - which, in my opinion, was the best production Anberlin has seen.

Anyways - this record is just OK so far. I gave it one listen all the way through in the car today - and it seems muddy and all at the same energy level - with very few dynamics. 'Intentions' stuck out to me as a great pop-single effort, but the rest was 'meh'. While I agree its a welcomed departure from Dark... - I don't see all the hype. I also think the production is pretty awful - I expected better from Aaron.

This may change. But that's how I feel as of now.

Dani8080 10/14/12 09:03 PM

OHMYGERD!!!!! So good.

rob18244 10/15/12 01:54 AM

HOLY SHIT.

It sounds so urgent!

Incredible record. Well done those men.

brothemighty 10/16/12 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcjosh (Post 114195492)
I will preface this with saying that I am a huge Anberlin fan. I wasn't a big fan of Dark... however I could get into 'Impossible' and 'We Owe This To Ourselves' - but overall it was bland and the production was terrible. Never Take Friendship Personal was a landmark record for me. A real pure Anberlin record. Cities was kind of underwhelming after NTFP - and then I feel they picked it back up with New Surrender - which, in my opinion, was the best production Anberlin has seen.

Anyways - this record is just OK so far. I gave it one listen all the way through in the car today - and it seems muddy and all at the same energy level - with very few dynamics. 'Intentions' stuck out to me as a great pop-single effort, but the rest was 'meh'. While I agree its a welcomed departure from Dark... - I don't see all the hype. I also think the production is pretty awful - I expected better from Aaron.

This may change. But that's how I feel as of now.

cool bro

suckitandsee 10/22/12 06:15 AM

Why is nobody mentioning Orpheum.
Easily my favourite song on the album. Has an M83/Bloc Party vibe (Waiting for the 7.18). So good

thisisalchemy 10/29/12 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suckitandsee (Post 114457072)
Why is nobody mentioning Orpheum.
Easily my favourite song on the album. Has an M83/Bloc Party vibe (Waiting for the 7.18). So good

personally, I don't like either of those bands, but Orpheum is also my favorite song on the record.