AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Rob Felicetti Wins The Ataris Debate (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2919702)

JoePending 10/12/12 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortymcsteve (Post 114117642)
This band are just milking the whole situation as much as they can! Ive never heard of Patent Pending before but they are definatley not winning me over, it's just became all about their band and not the real situation at hand. All i see them doing is slipping in links to their music anywhere they can, very needy.
Kris Roe has only once came out and addressed the situation from his side, that's all that's really needed. Not response after response from some band that weren't even directly involved or present during the event! The whole thing should be between Kris & Rob as Ataris members.

Hey dude! I'm Joe from the band Patent Pending. I understand and respect your comment. This is not meant to be a slam on you in anyway. If you have a second, please read: You're unfamiliar with our band so i can assume you are even more unfamiliar with me and the way we do things here in Patent Pending. First and foremost you need to know that we treat our band as a family. Someone attacked one of us on stage, the rest of us are going to have something to say about it. At first, we weren't going to post anything official as a band about the situation. Sure, we all made our own comments on our Facebook pages and here on AP in support of Rob, but as a band we had planned on staying out of it. That was the plan until Kris Roe posted a cowardly (and awkward as fuck) video riddled with lies about our guitarist, Rob. Not only did Kris defend his own (outrageous) actions, but he tried to make Rob look like an alcoholic (which is in no way true) to try and save his own ass. We saw that this really hurt Rob so like always we decided to poke fun at the situation to give Rob some piece of mind whilst simultaneously reminding Kris Roe that he has been declared Mayor of Douche Town. (side note: Kris, if you are reading this - Congratulations on your induction into office as the new Mayor of Douche Town. I know that you will take this position seriously and lead D-Town to greater heights than ever thought imaginable by Douches all around the world.) We don't take ourselves too seriously, we know that at this point this video may be old news to people and we know that we are essentially circus clowns for having posted it, but we stand by it. Just because Kris spoke first doesn't mean that we don't get a chance to say something. By my count the "response after response" that you are talking about is only 1 to 1. Lastly, of course we are slipping in links to our music! Since you are unfamiliar, I'll tell you a small amount more about us. We've been fortunate enough to do what we love for 11 years. We don't make any money off of this band, but one day we hope to. We have no false ideas about the size of our band or the small impact that we have on the scene. A situation like this allows us to get Rob's point across, remind Kris that he is a douche and God willing, gain some new fans along the way. We're essentially the Mom & Pop Shop of pop-punk trying to survive in a Wal-Mart sized world. Any clicks/new fans we can get from this would be great. Again, not meant to slam you, just to let you know that we are just a couple of dudes who are aware of our actions and will jump at the chance to make parody videos where we get to wear wigs and spandex. I hope this helps you understand and maybe even enjoy this video/our band a little more. Have a great day, and most importantly, thank you for realizing how utterly ridiculous Kris Roe's actions were.
Still Got Love For The Streets,
- Joe!
http://patentpendingmusic.com

dunkinsdonut 10/12/12 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurLadyCoolbean (Post 114118792)
Biggest thing I noticed: the Pirates of the Carribbean music being used in the background.

I knew that tune sounded familiar

Rodeo 10/12/12 09:32 AM

Fucking awesome, dudes. Couldn't have bought better press.

Searos 10/12/12 09:33 AM

I am honestly not going to take any side really cause as much as both sides say what really happened I just wasn't there.
I mean I think Kris did not handle a situation well but I also think both sides sorta are being a lot more dramatic about it than need be. Rob definitely is the better speaker if that counts.

In the long run this won't affect who I listen to though and personally if I had to choose I like The Ataris more than Patent Pending (not to say either are bad but Patent Pending never really did it for me)

Hopefully whatever the truth is Kris manages his temper and band better in the future and if rob does have a drinking problem that it gets sorted out. I really don't like he said/she said sorta arguments but in the end this whole event turned into way more drama than need be. This video is funny but just adds to that drama.

Basic point this is that everyone involved is contributing to unnecessary drama. This is the sorta thing best worked out in private. I know Kris basically started it but without sufficient details of what happen prior to the event and the response video it is basically people just become a cat fight in public with people picking sides. Just because Kris did an awkward response video does not mean one was needed in return, things could not of been worked out in private, or that any attacks were warranted. If nothing else a simple press statement would of survived. This video is more comical than informative.

dunkinsdonut 10/12/12 09:34 AM

The people complaining about this guy standing up for himself are nonconfrontational pussies.

kskillzz 10/12/12 09:37 AM

I was hoping they would make a response, they always hit it out of the park with their videos and this is no exception.

Alex DiVincenzo 10/12/12 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortymcsteve (Post 114117642)
This band are just milking the whole situation as much as they can! Ive never heard of Patent Pending before but they are definatley not winning me over, it's just became all about their band and not the real situation at hand. All i see them doing is slipping in links to their music anywhere they can, very needy.
Kris Roe has only once came out and addressed the situation from his side, that's all that's really needed. Not response after response from some band that weren't even directly involved or present during the event! The whole thing should be between Kris & Rob as Ataris members.

Rodeo 10/12/12 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 114119642)
I really don't like he said/she said sorta arguments but in the end this whole event turned into way more drama than need be. This video is funny but just adds to that drama.

Honestly, we're all going to go back to forgetting that Ataris even existed in a few days anyway, just like we have for the past 5+ years.

Alex DiVincenzo 10/12/12 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoePending (Post 114119502)
Hey dude! I'm Joe from the band Patent Pending. I understand and respect your comment. This is not meant to be a slam on you in anyway. If you have a second, please read: You're unfamiliar with our band so i can assume you are even more unfamiliar with me and the way we do things here in Patent Pending. First and foremost you need to know that we treat our band as a family. Someone attacked one of us on stage, the rest of us are going to have something to say about it. At first, we weren't going to post anything official as a band about the situation. Sure, we all made our own comments on our Facebook pages and here on AP in support of Rob, but as a band we had planned on staying out of it. That was the plan until Kris Roe posted a cowardly (and awkward as fuck) video riddled with lies about our guitarist, Rob. Not only did Kris defend his own (outrageous) actions, but he tried to make Rob look like an alcoholic (which is in no way true) to try and save his own ass. We saw that this really hurt Rob so like always we decided to poke fun at the situation to give Rob some piece of mind whilst simultaneously reminding Kris Roe that he has been declared Mayor of Douche Town. (side note: Kris, if you are reading this - Congratulations on your induction into office as the new Mayor of Douche Town. I know that you will take this position seriously and lead D-Town to greater heights than ever thought imaginable by Douches all around the world.) We don't take ourselves too seriously, we know that at this point this video may be old news to people and we know that we are essentially circus clowns for having posted it, but we stand by it. Just because Kris spoke first doesn't mean that we don't get a chance to say something. By my count the "response after response" that you are talking about is only 1 to 1. Lastly, of course we are slipping in links to our music! Since you are unfamiliar, I'll tell you a small amount more about us. We've been fortunate enough to do what we love for 11 years. We don't make any money off of this band, but one day we hope to. We have no false ideas about the size of our band or the small impact that we have on the scene. A situation like this allows us to get Rob's point across, remind Kris that he is a douche and God willing, gain some new fans along the way. We're essentially the Mom & Pop Shop of pop-punk trying to survive in a Wal-Mart sized world. Any clicks/new fans we can get from this would be great. Again, not meant to slam you, just to let you know that we are just a couple of dudes who are aware of our actions and will jump at the chance to make parody videos where we get to wear wigs and spandex. I hope this helps you understand and maybe even enjoy this video/our band a little more. Have a great day, and most importantly, thank you for realizing how utterly ridiculous Kris Roe's actions were.
Still Got Love For The Streets,
- Joe!

Defend Mom & Pop Punk

ChaseTx 10/12/12 09:43 AM

I had no idea the drummer from the Ataris was the guitarist from Patent Pending. Weird.

crutchfield 10/12/12 09:46 AM

Awesome response

ChaseTx 10/12/12 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114119992)

terrific gif.

Sloth7 10/12/12 09:51 AM

Great response and a great way to deal with the situation.

MILFCORE 10/12/12 09:51 AM

why does he talk like that? did the drums hit his head and give him a speech impediment?

JoePending 10/12/12 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114120072)
Defend Mom & Pop Punk

amazing.

anamericangod 10/12/12 09:56 AM

This is amazing.

JoePending 10/12/12 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILFCORE (Post 114120552)
why does he talk like that? did the drums hit his head and give him a speech impediment?

it's a poor, poor, poor Obama imitation.

Searos 10/12/12 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeo (Post 114120062)
Honestly, we're all going to go back to forgetting that Ataris even existed in a few days anyway, just like we have for the past 5+ years.

I mean thats all in good but I don't see how these petty arguments really have to do with the music of the bands. I will admit Patent Pending is a lot more active though I like The Ataris music a lot more and still listen to it. Regardless of both of those factors both kris and rob are at fault in this case. Kris is more at fault as he caused harm and made it go public but rob just continued the drama. I doubt Kris just threw a drumset because the dude was a bit off sounding. No matter who is right or somewhat right in these videos it sounds extremely unlikely. Calling someone an alcoholic is a pretty common excuse so there may be some truth in it but is likely an exaggeration.

It is fair to say in this situation Rob is the victim even if behind the scenes he engaged in actions that were enraging. What matters for the most part in life is what is done in a public setting. Kris needs to manage his temper and band more but I doubt highly that rob is blameless while still being the victim. At the end of the day back and forth videos like this just creates too much drama. Kris said some things during his response that did not need to be said and its fair for rob to stand up for himself but this whole situation has become a joke and its hard to feel sorry or respect for either of them regardless of musical preferences.

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg (Post 114116672)
He wins because he didn't come across as a child.

How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.

bradsonemanband 10/12/12 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114120882)
How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.

i agree. Kris' drum hurling was childish, and this video response from Rob was maybe even more childish, and it's setting himself up for more drama from The Ataris. I can't see Kris thinking this video is very funny at all. But whatever, i guess. Let's all move on now and just enjoy music rather than picking sides over a dumb little fight.

Jared Luttrell 10/12/12 10:03 AM

Quote:

Agreed. This is just as childish.

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradsonemanband (Post 114121072)
i agree. Kris' drum hurling was childish, and this video response from Rob was maybe even more childish, and it's setting himself up for more drama from The Ataris. I can't see Kris thinking this video is very funny at all. But whatever, i guess. Let's all move on now and just enjoy music rather than picking sides over a dumb little fight.

I mean, I didn't think the video was funny either. It was a funny idea but it wasn't actually funny in any way haha. Who knows, everyone will forget about this in a week anyway.

TSLataris 10/12/12 10:07 AM

Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

AloneInTheDark 10/12/12 10:09 AM

This is all in bad taste...the public didn't need an excuse, just an apology.

njiata603 10/12/12 10:10 AM

Quote:

With you on this one. Best course of action would have been to take the high road and leave it be. If you don't have anything nice to say, etc.

Rodeo 10/12/12 10:11 AM

I am just amused that Kris thinks that a nervous diva break down is rock n' roll, but being drunk for your concert isn't.

Um... :-|

hibbityhoo 10/12/12 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgeez120 (Post 114116072)
I just don't really care about this whole debacle anymore. Both sides should just shut the fuck up about it and be men and put it behind them. Also, I just don't really like Patend Pending. But if it's any consolation, I have a very low tolerance for bands that sing songs about dancing and douchebags.

I agree with every part of this.

This crap will neither make me love Blue Skies less nor enjoy Patent Pending.

combatchuckaa 10/12/12 10:26 AM

I thought it was funny. Kris threw him under the bus. And for as "childish" as the video was, there were some serious jabs in it, and Kris definitely deserved those for his behavior and that dumb video he posted after.

Wesley! 10/12/12 10:28 AM

:lol:

mvacare23 10/12/12 10:36 AM

This was not funny, at all. It is kind of sad that Patent Pending spent this much time on a re-budle video for such a sad topic. Everyone knows Kris was in the wrong, so just shut up, take the high road, and let it be.... Dudes clearly think they are much funnier than they actually are. Kris also was a douche in his video. May both sides lose.

B.Leibo 10/12/12 10:36 AM

So I'm a desk jockey... if I underperform or come to work drunk should my boss pick up my computer monitor and chuck it at my head infront of the customers and other employees... no, you take me aside and tell me you're going in a different direction without me.There is a right way and a wrong way - Kris handled it very poorly, thats really all there is to it.

Daveyhavok832 10/12/12 10:39 AM

This is easily as bogus and childish as the initial incident. This guy is 26 and doesn't act a day over 16.

Daveyhavok832 10/12/12 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvacare23 (Post 114122522)
This was not funny, at all. It is kind of sad that Patent Pending spent this much time on a re-budle video for such a sad topic. Everyone knows Kris was in the wrong, so just shut up, take the high road, and let it be.... Dudes clearly think they are much funnier than they actually are. Kris also was a douche in his video. May both sides lose.

Agreed whole-heartedly.

mybreakingpoint 10/12/12 10:45 AM

What he said about "countless others" who have left the band, made me go check their Wikipedia page and HOLY SHIT does The Ataris have a ton of ex-members. Wonder why that is?

Former members
Marko DeSantis – bass guitar (1996–1997)
Derrick Plourde – drums (1996–1997)
Mike Davenport – bass guitar (1998–2005)
Chris Knapp – drums (1998–2005)
Patrick Riley – guitar (1998)
Marco Peña – guitar (1998–2001)
John Collura – guitar, backing vocals, piano (2001–2007)
Paul Carabello – guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Sean Hansen – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Angus Cooke – cello (2005–2007)
Shane Chikeles – drums (2005–2007)
Christopher Swinney – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2010)
Jacob Dwiggins – drums (2008–2012)
Rob Felicetti – lead guitar (2010–2011), drums, percussion (2012)

I mean, clearly the band has been around forever, so like Saves The Day, a lot of ex-members can be expected to a certain extent, but what about bands like Jimmy Eat World? They've managed to be around as long as The Ataris and not have a million ex-members, so it really makes you wonder what goes on in their camp to cause so many people to come and go like this.

smelltheglove 10/12/12 10:48 AM

i remember when the Ataris were relevent. i really do.

smelltheglove 10/12/12 10:49 AM

anything they did after '05 is bogus. when Davenport & Knapp left the band, Roe should have sunset the project. instead he's soldiered on only to embarass himself and whatever was the tiny legacy of the Ataris.

Evan123 10/12/12 10:51 AM

so wrong^ welcome the the night is a fucking jam, great record.

smelltheglove 10/12/12 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Leibo (Post 114122512)
So I'm a desk jockey... if I underperform or come to work drunk should my boss pick up my computer monitor and chuck it at my head infront of the customers and other employees... no, you take me aside and tell me you're going in a different direction without me.There is a right way and a wrong way - Kris handled it very poorly, thats really all there is to it.

exactly, totally unprofessional, and embarassing considering Roe is freakin 34 years old. man up Roe. the immaturity of his actions was only highlighted by the fact it occured during a song called "your boyfriend sucks", featuring the most trite lyrics in pop-punk history.

ChaseTx 10/12/12 10:53 AM

Honestly the only song I remember by them is a Don Henley cover.

mycuban 10/12/12 10:58 AM

superb.

Daveyhavok832 10/12/12 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoePending (Post 114119502)
Hey dude! I'm Joe from the band Patent Pending. First and foremost you need to know that we treat our band as a family. Someone attacked one of us on stage, the rest of us are going to have something to say about it.
- Joe!

I've always like Patent Pending. I discovered you guys my junior year of high school and so I've been a fan for 7 or 8 years now. I wish as a fan of both Patent Pending and The Ataris, that this never happened. I also wish you guys hadn't made this video. You guys like to joke a lot and that's cool. Kris Roe doesn't really joke at all anymore and that's cool too. But knowing there is a big difference between his two bands, Rob should have acted accordingly. And defending him as "family" is bogus because every family has a fuck-up that does something stupid (My sister for instance) and you can't always come to their defense.

What Kris did was wrong, it was messed up, etc. We know that. No one is defending his actions. Coming up with a video response 3 days after the fact is a little petulent though. Think about it, you guys are semi-big. You've been on tour, you get maybe 1000-2000 people watching you at Warped Tour/Bamboozle and such... Now look at Kris Roe. He's sold over a million albums, played live at The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, was on MTV and the Billboard charts... and now he has nothing. Don't you think he's lost enough that taking the high road on this one would have been acceptable? The dude is a shadow and while I really do wish him the best and hope for redemption with his new album, it's not likely.

Making fun of Kris with your video is equivalent to bullying the kid who's mom died.

SupMikecheck 10/12/12 11:00 AM

Hats off to him!

Daveyhavok832 10/12/12 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseTx (Post 114123402)
Honestly the only song I remember by them is a Don Henley cover.

That's odd because we're the same age and when I was a sophmore in high school, I couldn't go anywhere without hearing In This Diary.

phillipjacob 10/12/12 11:16 AM

This kind of reminds me of that time Christian Bale had that huge freak out on set and Michael Cera made a mockumentary video of it.

I don't consider this video immature or childish so much as the band is making light of the situation and promoting their own band.

It's a situation all sides wish never happened I'm sure, but it looks like both sides are making the best of it possible.

JamesMichael 10/12/12 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybreakingpoint (Post 114123022)
What he said about "countless others" who have left the band, made me go check their Wikipedia page and HOLY SHIT does The Ataris have a ton of ex-members. Wonder why that is?

Former members
Marko DeSantis – bass guitar (1996–1997)
Derrick Plourde – drums (1996–1997)
Mike Davenport – bass guitar (1998–2005)
Chris Knapp – drums (1998–2005)
Patrick Riley – guitar (1998)
Marco Peña – guitar (1998–2001)
John Collura – guitar, backing vocals, piano (2001–2007)
Paul Carabello – guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Sean Hansen – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Angus Cooke – cello (2005–2007)
Shane Chikeles – drums (2005–2007)
Christopher Swinney – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2010)
Jacob Dwiggins – drums (2008–2012)
Rob Felicetti – lead guitar (2010–2011), drums, percussion (2012)

Seems like a large chunk of them left in 2007. Anyone know what happened?

Alex DiVincenzo 10/12/12 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMichael (Post 114124292)
Seems like a large chunk of them left in 2007. Anyone know what happened?

Welcome the Night

JamesMichael 10/12/12 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114124302)
Welcome the Night

Ahaha good point!

Whats the chances of The Graveyard of the Atlantic ACTUALLY coming out in the future? It's been years!

bakerboy420 10/12/12 11:35 AM

Haha this rules. Fuck Kris Roe, I used to really like the Ataris but this ruined everything for me. But seriously people saying this video is immature are losers, who wouldn't do the same if you were fucked over like he was.

jacqsmack6 10/12/12 11:35 AM

It was bad enough to for the incident to happen to begin with. But then for Kris to try and defend himself for it, and tell everyone that Rob has a drinking problem? You cannot try and tarnish someone's reputation like that by making extremely serious accusations about their character, and expect nothing to happen.

I'm probably biased because this video freakin cracks me up, but regardless, I think it was totally warranted.

brothemighty 10/12/12 11:38 AM

Well, I'm gonna freaking look up Patent Pending now