AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Rob Felicetti Wins The Ataris Debate (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2919702)

Alex DiVincenzo 10/12/12 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMichael (Post 114124492)
Ahaha good point!

Whats the chances of The Graveyard of the Atlantic ACTUALLY coming out in the future? It's been years!

Slim

Alex DiVincenzo 10/12/12 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brothemighty (Post 114124882)
Well, I'm gonna freaking look up Patent Pending now

Their most recent album, Second Family, is still streaming on their AP.net profile if you want to check it out.

.dot 10/12/12 12:43 PM

They both seem like douches to me.

schmalz 10/12/12 12:43 PM

Thomas is only defending the Ataris because his label released their 7"

Basketcase 10/12/12 12:43 PM

HAHAHA...that was awesome!

johnnyferris 10/12/12 12:45 PM

We have a winner.

Keagan Ilvonen 10/12/12 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybreakingpoint (Post 114123022)
What he said about "countless others" who have left the band, made me go check their Wikipedia page and HOLY SHIT does The Ataris have a ton of ex-members. Wonder why that is?

Former members
Marko DeSantis – bass guitar (1996–1997)
Derrick Plourde – drums (1996–1997)
Mike Davenport – bass guitar (1998–2005)
Chris Knapp – drums (1998–2005)
Patrick Riley – guitar (1998)
Marco Peña – guitar (1998–2001)
John Collura – guitar, backing vocals, piano (2001–2007)
Paul Carabello – guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Sean Hansen – bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2007)
Angus Cooke – cello (2005–2007)
Shane Chikeles – drums (2005–2007)
Christopher Swinney – guitar, backing vocals (2008–2010)
Jacob Dwiggins – drums (2008–2012)
Rob Felicetti – lead guitar (2010–2011), drums, percussion (2012)


I mean, clearly the band has been around forever, so like Saves The Day, a lot of ex-members can be expected to a certain extent, but what about bands like Jimmy Eat World? They've managed to be around as long as The Ataris and not have a million ex-members, so it really makes you wonder what goes on in their camp to cause so many people to come and go like this.

It's because of Rob's drinking problem obviously.

brothemighty 10/12/12 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunkinsdonut (Post 114119682)
The people complaining about this guy standing up for himself are nonconfrontational pussies.


THAT'S what I was trying to put into words! Thanks, dude

bakerboy420 10/12/12 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveyhavok832 (Post 114123512)
I've always like Patent Pending. I discovered you guys my junior year of high school and so I've been a fan for 7 or 8 years now. I wish as a fan of both Patent Pending and The Ataris, that this never happened. I also wish you guys hadn't made this video. You guys like to joke a lot and that's cool. Kris Roe doesn't really joke at all anymore and that's cool too. But knowing there is a big difference between his two bands, Rob should have acted accordingly. And defending him as "family" is bogus because every family has a fuck-up that does something stupid (My sister for instance) and you can't always come to their defense.

What Kris did was wrong, it was messed up, etc. We know that. No one is defending his actions. Coming up with a video response 3 days after the fact is a little petulent though. Think about it, you guys are semi-big. You've been on tour, you get maybe 1000-2000 people watching you at Warped Tour/Bamboozle and such... Now look at Kris Roe. He's sold over a million albums, played live at The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, was on MTV and the Billboard charts... and now he has nothing. Don't you think he's lost enough that taking the high road on this one would have been acceptable? The dude is a shadow and while I really do wish him the best and hope for redemption with his new album, it's not likely.

Making fun of Kris with your video is equivalent to bullying the kid who's mom died.


Disagree strongly, this video was much needed. Kris roe sucks as a person.

CharlieCrap 10/12/12 12:55 PM

I don't like Patent Pending or The Ataris but I absolutely love the entertainment they have provided me for the past three days.

**** saying they're immature can fuck off

signed,
a gay man

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114124922)
Slim

I mean the record is going to come out lol. This year no, next year yes.

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmalz (Post 114125092)
Thomas is only defending the Ataris because his label released their 7"

I never defended anything Kris did, I actually haven't been in these news threads at all, it wasn't a good thing to do, but I also think the other side's response was stupid.

Alex DiVincenzo 10/12/12 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114125802)
I mean the record is going to come out lol. This year no, next year yes.

HAVE YOU EVER HAD DEJA DEJA DEJA DEJA VU?

I hope you're right though. I liked the 7".

bakerboy420 10/12/12 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114125822)
I never defended anything Kris did, I actually haven't been in these news threads at all, it wasn't a good thing to do, but I also think the other side's response was stupid.


This is not stupid. Kris Roe is stupid. He deserves to say what he wants after being attacked like that and called a alcoholic.

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerboy420 (Post 114126212)
This is not stupid. Kris Roe is stupid. He deserves to say what he wants after being attacked like that and called a alcoholic.

You're just comparing two different levels of stupid, it's all still a waste of everyone's time and none of this should have ever existed

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114125962)
HAVE YOU EVER HAD DEJA DEJA DEJA DEJA VU?

I hope you're right though. I liked the 7".

idk man i'm not writing the songs

domotime2 10/12/12 01:17 PM

lol genius

WOW! this guy goes from drumming for kris roe and the depressing ataris to one of the more fun-loving-, relaxed bands patent pending? jackpot for mr rob felicetti

buddah knome 10/12/12 01:21 PM

I'm listening to welcome the night and don't see the hate. I look at it like I do for pretty. odd. It's not a bad album, it's a bad ataris album.

domotime2 10/12/12 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoePending (Post 114119502)


the only knock Joe.... you didnt mention the Dollyrots in the video! im so telling Kelly and Luis haha.

iamjohnmartinez 10/12/12 01:22 PM

I still dig the old ataris songs even though their newer stuff blows and kris roe is a douche... this video is hilarious and kris was wrong to react like that, that isnt rock and roll, that is someone being an asshole and handling a situation absolutely wrong.

JamesMichael 10/12/12 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114124922)
Slim


Literally hes just posted two new songs off it aha weird.

http://theataris.bandcamp.com/

I've submitted the news ;)

TheRealJohnOC 10/12/12 01:31 PM

He really never explained anything in the video. Why did Kris throw his guitar into the drums? Was there any prior argument to this show?

Searos 10/12/12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114126532)
You're just comparing two different levels of stupid, it's all still a waste of everyone's time and none of this should have ever existed

I agree with this so much.
The two are both starting drama. I don't think for a second what kris did or his response was right and I am a long time Ataris fan but I think Rob should've just taken the high road or at least released a professional statement to fans if he really felt that obligated to make this public. Kris is at fault for a lot of things here but the biggest offense is the drama the two keep causing. Everyone wants to pick sides but nobody knows the details of what lead up to the initial incident. Maybe he was drinking a lot and maybe it was a lie. I am not saying either are true but everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. In reality incidents like this happen a lot more than gets reported on but does not really make it special. Sorry rob got hurt but agree it was childish of BOTH of them for making this a public ordeal.

KARENNICHOLL 10/12/12 01:35 PM

ROB FELECETTI
 
LOVE YOU ROB. YOU ARE A SINCERE, FUNNY, AND CARING YOUNG MAN. YOU WIN MY VOTE!!

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMichael (Post 114127102)
Literally hes just posted two new songs off it aha weird.

http://theataris.bandcamp.com/

I've submitted the news ;)

WELP

Searos 10/12/12 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMichael (Post 114127102)
Literally hes just posted two new songs off it aha weird.

http://theataris.bandcamp.com/

I've submitted the news ;)

They played 12/15/10 when I saw them in February. Good tune.

Jared Luttrell 10/12/12 01:39 PM

I don't think anyone won..they both look immature now.

Searos 10/12/12 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jared Luttrell (Post 114127782)
I don't think anyone won..they both look immature now.

You win

absolutebutthol 10/12/12 01:45 PM

I bet this pissed Kris off so much.

absolutebutthol 10/12/12 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 114127452)
I agree with this so much.
The two are both starting drama. I don't think for a second what kris did or his response was right and I am a long time Ataris fan but I think Rob should've just taken the high road or at least released a professional statement to fans if he really felt that obligated to make this public. Kris is at fault for a lot of things here but the biggest offense is the drama the two keep causing. Everyone wants to pick sides but nobody knows the details of what lead up to the initial incident. Maybe he was drinking a lot and maybe it was a lie. I am not saying either are true but everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. In reality incidents like this happen a lot more than gets reported on but does not really make it special. Sorry rob got hurt but agree it was childish of BOTH of them for making this a public ordeal.

Nah man. This is hilarious.

qwerty22 10/12/12 01:47 PM

I have a feeling this is only the beginning...

Searos 10/12/12 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty22 (Post 114128222)
I have a feeling this is only the beginning...

I hope you are wrong and know you are right...

peewhai 10/12/12 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114120882)
How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.

Thank you Thomas. As much as I don't agree with Kris throwing drums at someone, this video response just confirmed how stupid the dudes in Patent Pending are.

CellarGhosts 10/12/12 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114126532)
You're just comparing two different levels of stupid, it's all still a waste of everyone's time and none of this should have ever existed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114120882)
How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.


Yeah, Thomas actually wins this one.

thechetearly 10/12/12 02:18 PM

Oh my gosh. So so so so so so good.

JayBee420 10/12/12 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114116762)
Haha that's awesome! And that blue name is lookin' fly.

: (

Classic_Brad 10/12/12 02:24 PM

Three facts:
1.) Rob had the right to defend himself after being called out as an alcoholic; or at least someone with a habitual drinking issue.
2.) Patent Pending are the more relevant, sincere, and original band.
3.) One of the first times I toured with The Ataris and Kris, he solicited me for painkillers and has a terrible reputation for abusing them and patronizing prostitutes-- this information comes from fellow band members.

How does Kris' video not get as much affliction for calling a former bandmate/friend an alcoholic to excuse his pissy meltdown. The list of former tour mates is no coincidence. He'll just find someone he can pay less and treat shittier. -- And you'll eat it up because he wrote San Dimas. SMH.

How do you not expect a response when Kris' video didn't include an apology. Instead he merely cast another stone (or throne, or cymbal, or tom, or kick drum, etc). He tried weaseling out and pushing the blame onto another person through an accusation that could have only been rebutted by the person who released this video.

Journey408 10/12/12 02:28 PM

stupid, unfunny, but better than kris roe's response

at least this seems well though out too

bakerboy420 10/12/12 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114126532)
You're just comparing two different levels of stupid, it's all still a waste of everyone's time and none of this should have ever existed


Kris Roe is a joke, as is this video. I think it's the same level.

bakerboy420 10/12/12 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic_Brad (Post 114129942)
Three facts:
1.) Rob had the right to defend himself after being called out as an alcoholic; or at least someone with a habitual drinking issue.
2.) Patent Pending are the more relevant, sincere, and original band.
3.) One of the first times I toured with The Ataris and Kris, he solicited me for painkillers and has a terrible reputation for abusing them and patronizing prostitutes-- this information comes from fellow band members.

How does Kris' video not get as much affliction for calling a former bandmate/friend an alcoholic to excuse his pissy meltdown. The list of former tour mates is no coincidence. He'll just find someone he can pay less and treat shittier. -- And you'll eat it up because he wrote San Dimas. SMH.

How do you not expect a response when Kris' video didn't include an apology. Instead he merely cast another stone (or throne, or cymbal, or tom, or kick drum, etc). He tried weaseling out and pushing the blame onto another person through an accusation that could have only been rebutted by the person who released this video.


100% agree. You rule.

Freshman15Davey 10/12/12 04:30 PM

If you don't find this hilarious you probably think Katt Williams is funny.

bgeez120 10/12/12 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan123 (Post 114123332)
so wrong^ welcome the the night is a fucking jam, great record.

hell to the yes. probably one of my favorite albums of all time. the lyrical content on that album alone blows anything that patent pending has ever written out of the water.

grimis16 10/12/12 04:45 PM

Still love the Ataris, but shit that was great.

robandnotu 10/12/12 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic_Brad (Post 114129942)
Three facts:
1.) Rob had the right to defend himself after being called out as an alcoholic; or at least someone with a habitual drinking issue.
2.) Patent Pending are the more relevant, sincere, and original band.
3.) One of the first times I toured with The Ataris and Kris, he solicited me for painkillers and has a terrible reputation for abusing them and patronizing prostitutes-- this information comes from fellow band members.

How does Kris' video not get as much affliction for calling a former bandmate/friend an alcoholic to excuse his pissy meltdown. The list of former tour mates is no coincidence. He'll just find someone he can pay less and treat shittier. -- And you'll eat it up because he wrote San Dimas. SMH.

How do you not expect a response when Kris' video didn't include an apology. Instead he merely cast another stone (or throne, or cymbal, or tom, or kick drum, etc). He tried weaseling out and pushing the blame onto another person through an accusation that could have only been rebutted by the person who released this video.

It's going to be great! My band, Pull The Pin, went on a east coast tour with them in May and these guys are fucking back as hell. The new CD is going to return to the charm and quality of Blue Skies and So Long. Can't wait to chill with them again... and tour with them again

This was you post about touring with them right?

saddr weirdr 10/12/12 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveyhavok832 (Post 114123512)
I've always like Patent Pending. I discovered you guys my junior year of high school and so I've been a fan for 7 or 8 years now. I wish as a fan of both Patent Pending and The Ataris, that this never happened. I also wish you guys hadn't made this video. You guys like to joke a lot and that's cool. Kris Roe doesn't really joke at all anymore and that's cool too. But knowing there is a big difference between his two bands, Rob should have acted accordingly. And defending him as "family" is bogus because every family has a fuck-up that does something stupid (My sister for instance) and you can't always come to their defense.

What Kris did was wrong, it was messed up, etc. We know that. No one is defending his actions. Coming up with a video response 3 days after the fact is a little petulent though. Think about it, you guys are semi-big. You've been on tour, you get maybe 1000-2000 people watching you at Warped Tour/Bamboozle and such... Now look at Kris Roe. He's sold over a million albums, played live at The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, was on MTV and the Billboard charts... and now he has nothing. Don't you think he's lost enough that taking the high road on this one would have been acceptable? The dude is a shadow and while I really do wish him the best and hope for redemption with his new album, it's not likely.

Making fun of Kris with your video is equivalent to bullying the kid who's mom died.


Nope, that's the equivalent of bullying the kid who decided to throw a drumset at his dad after his mom died.

I mean, come on.

bgeez120 10/12/12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 114120882)
How was this not a childish and immature response to the situation? It's just as bad as everything else involved in this shit-show.

Exactly.

Fringe 10/12/12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillipjacob (Post 114124142)
This kind of reminds me of that time Christian Bale had that huge freak out on set and Michael Cera made a mockumentary video of it.

I don't consider this video immature or childish so much as the band is making light of the situation and promoting their own band.

It's a situation all sides wish never happened I'm sure, but it looks like both sides are making the best of it possible.


This

bgeez120 10/12/12 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114124302)
Welcome the Night

Don't hate on Welcome the Night. I think that album is incredibly underrated, but to each their own, right?

The_Effort 10/12/12 07:36 PM

Don't care for either band, but I was entertained.

Heartcore 10/12/12 07:41 PM

At least this video was meant to be a joke...