AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  No Drummers Harmed in the Making of These Songs (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2920142)

mrzippo3 10/12/12 04:48 PM

Got bored half way through the 1st song. Been listening to the 2nd song for years so that didn't really move me either. Setting my expectations super low for this album so that when/if it ever comes out, it might be enjoyable.

honkytonk 10/12/12 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p93 (Post 114137162)
Holy shit. These are so great. This record needs to be in my ears. I'm ecstatic to see that Kris has gone the slower and more melodic route for some songs on this record, the way Welcome the Night was. I'll always champion that record as being criminally under appreciated.

Definitely agree about Welcome The Night, that record just hit me at the perfect time, love it.

I'm liking these new songs too, my interest in the new record has kinda waned over time but I can't see myself not enjoying it

bradsonemanband 10/12/12 05:00 PM

this shit is fucking awesome....

veronabryce 10/12/12 05:04 PM

Hell yeah love it.

All the nay-sayers flip flopped back into fans haha trolls.

Matt Chylak 10/12/12 05:08 PM

distractions from the craziness

p93 10/12/12 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honkytonk (Post 114137402)
Definitely agree about Welcome The Night, that record just hit me at the perfect time, love it.

I'm liking these new songs too, my interest in the new record has kinda waned over time but I can't see myself not enjoying it

Glad to know people out there agree. And yeah, it would have been a lot more effective (or relevant, as most people on this site love to throw out) in say, 2009 or 2010, but I'll just be glad when it gets released at all.

ihatehatehaters 10/12/12 05:30 PM

If Kris's goal with releasing these songs was to make me forget about his shenanigans that took place earlier this week, then I say well played sir. These are phenomenal.

bradsonemanband 10/12/12 05:30 PM

is anyone else having problems buying these songs? i neeeeed them on a cd right nooooow :)

Freshman15Davey 10/12/12 05:43 PM

No harmonies, no care.

jjnunn118 10/12/12 05:48 PM

New Ataris?!?!?!?! PERFECT way to start my weekend!!!

Edit: Don't know about drummers, but at least it states that no computers were harmed in the credits

Jerzeyboy525 10/12/12 08:47 PM

these songs are amazing...esp the redone fast times...despite all kris' mistakes he makes (ie asbury), he will always be one of my favorite songwriters and a good guy personally. the ataris will always have a place in my heart. i loved welcome the night because of that. it was a different direction, a more matured attempt that worked for me. 12/15/10 seems to blend welcome the night with the older ataris sound....thank you.

March_Faster!! 10/12/12 10:09 PM

This dude can still craft a good, melodic song. I'm diggin 'em.

Thomas Nassiff 10/12/12 10:18 PM

Songs are awesome. Record will be awesome.

Daveyhavok832 10/12/12 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p93 (Post 114137162)
Holy shit. These are so great. This record needs to be in my ears. I'm ecstatic to see that Kris has gone the slower and more melodic route for some songs on this record, the way Welcome the Night was. I'll always champion that record as being criminally under appreciated.

I'm right there with you. I listened to that album almost every single day for two years. It wasn't poppy enough for the people that wanted another So Long Astoria but had any other band released that album, it would still be talked about regularly today.

mattregan 10/12/12 10:55 PM

Good songs, but they aren't exactly new though.