AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Coheed Track-by-Track #6 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2923522)

dohare 10/16/12 07:29 PM

this track grew on me, i can now get into it. that fan is going to be so excited now that she knows the songs about her.

SteveD 10/16/12 09:48 PM

Hands down my favorite song off the new album.... then Vic The butcher

HeavenResign 10/16/12 10:12 PM

Least favorite song on the album...though 1:15 - 1:30 (of the actual song, not this vid haha) iis full of beautiful pop goodness.

AndyMania 10/16/12 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk89 (Post 114276252)
Haha I loooove that guitar line. Judging by the comments, this song is pretty polarizing among CoCa fans, which doesn't necessarily surprise me. I think if you were an early fan who loved "Al The Killer" this song is for you. If you're a later fan, and more into their epic sound I think, then it is definitely a grower. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

i love both coheed's. if the song stayed with that same vibe (dark/korn sounding), i probably wouldn't have liked it. I love that it suddenly gets poppy.

IMO
IKSSE3 > SSTB > GA1 > Afterman > NWFT > BR

RyanGarner 10/16/12 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk89 (Post 114276252)
Haha I loooove that guitar line. Judging by the comments, this song is pretty polarizing among CoCa fans, which doesn't necessarily surprise me. I think if you were an early fan who loved "Al The Killer" this song is for you. If you're a later fan, and more into their epic sound I think, then it is definitely a grower. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

Oh I love the song now and the guitar line is great once the bass and drums kick in, it's just the very very beginning that doesn't stand out to me.

Jake Jenkins 10/17/12 01:04 AM

this song is the closest to their past two albums on the album, which is why its so polarizing. while it may be along that style, it's a lot better than most songs form the NWFT/YOBTR era.

glogglies 10/17/12 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett9 (Post 114278682)
I love the "best song/worst song" comments. Honestly, it's one of my favorites on the album. I totally agree - immediately thought of "Al the Killer" when I heard this song.

SO happy with this album.

I kinda see this album as a 'best of' without being a best of. It takes inspiration from all the best Coheed tracks. Hollywood is very much this album's Al The Killer. Great song.

thesinkingship 10/17/12 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophGod (Post 114296062)
it's a lot better than most songs form the NWFT/YOBTR era.


Lol, no.

nickthehick2 10/17/12 08:43 AM

I wish I could have seen the videos. I've almost overplayed this record now, it is too short. I have a feeling that Descension is gonna blow Ascension out of the water though. Iron Fist is an amazing song.

CoheedForever 10/17/12 08:49 AM

This song is great and the album just keeps getting better with every listen.

Jake Jenkins 10/17/12 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 114297322)
Lol, no.


Hey thanks for letting me know how wrong I am, you've totally changed my mind

thesinkingship 10/17/12 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophGod (Post 114304282)
Hey thanks for letting me know how wrong I am, you've totally changed my mind

Good, glad I could help you change your incorrect viewpoint.

jonwangcb 10/17/12 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophGod (Post 114296062)
this song is the closest to their past two albums on the album, which is why its so polarizing. while it may be along that style, it's a lot better than most songs form the NWFT/YOBTR era.

I actually enjoyed a lot of NWFT, and I think there are a ton of songs off those two albums that are better than this. Mother Superior is one of their best ever. The End Complete III is amazing, The Hound, Gravemakers, Feathers, The Broken, Black Rainbow, Juggernaut...all better in my opinion.

I feel like the hate for NWFT comes from only a few bad tracks. Specifically, The Running Free, Justice in Murder, and The Road and the Damned. Those songs were some of Coheed's worst, and I feel like it taints people's opinions of some of the other songs.

thesinkingship 10/17/12 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwangcb (Post 114308552)
I actually enjoyed a lot of NWFT, and I think there are a ton of songs off those two albums that are better than this. Mother Superior is one of their best ever. The End Complete III is amazing, The Hound, Gravemakers, Feathers, The Broken, Black Rainbow, Juggernaut...all better in my opinion.

I feel like the hate for NWFT comes from only a few bad tracks. Specifically, The Running Free, Justice in Murder, and The Road and the Damned. Those songs were some of Coheed's worst, and I feel like it taints people's opinions of some of the other songs.

In a way, I think the last part is true. NWFT, Feathers, Hound, TEC III are on the same level as other "best" Coheed songs. It's just that some songs that feel more like b-sides made the cut somehow (ala The Running Free or Justice in Murder).

Archael 10/17/12 06:42 PM

bad song by bad band

next