AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Summer Set Performs New Song (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2924552)

Joe DeAndrea 10/17/12 12:20 PM

The Summer Set Performs New Song
 
The Summer Set recently performed their new How I Met Your Mother-inspired song, "Legendary," acoustically. Video is in the replies.

Joe DeAndrea 10/17/12 12:20 PM


RockVocalPower 10/17/12 12:23 PM

These guys made such big strides with that last record, and now it seems they're back to terribly immature stuff. A shame.

TheRealJohnOC 10/17/12 12:27 PM

It would've been legendary if their lyrics were "I want to be legend, wait for it, dary."

Thtsimskid15 10/17/12 12:50 PM

pretty good whens the new album out?

Joe DeAndrea 10/17/12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockVocalPower (Post 114307212)
These guys made such big strides with that last record, and now it seems they're back to terribly immature stuff. A shame.

what's immature about it?

RockVocalPower 10/17/12 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe DeAndrea (Post 114308242)
what's immature about it?


The "How I Met Your Mother" and "Celebrity Rehab" name drops, the Peter Pan stuff.

bobsheiskawy 10/17/12 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockVocalPower (Post 114307212)
These guys made such big strides with that last record, and now it seems they're back to terribly immature stuff. A shame.

i don't think this song is immature at all. referencing a tv show might not make for the best lyrics, but it's in a pretty mature setting here.

RockVocalPower 10/17/12 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 114308842)
i don't think this song is immature at all. referencing a tv show might not make for the best lyrics, but it's in a pretty mature setting here.

This song is going to be incredibly dated in just a few years, and the name drops are just cringe-worthy.

But whatever

HeyItsAllyssa 10/17/12 01:17 PM

Well I do love HIMYM but I do see the point in this being dated in a few years. I can see this song being more for fun or a B-side but not as a legitimate song on the album. But hey I could be wrong?

firewater 10/17/12 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockVocalPower (Post 114309272)
This song is going to be incredibly dated in just a few years, and the name drops are just cringe-worthy.

But whatever

I hate when bands write about subject matter that relates to a present fad. I know artists refer to certain time periods, but to namedrop a TV show is lame in this day and age(IMO).

firewater 10/17/12 01:21 PM

I also loved where they were heading based on their last album. Got alot of MB20/Train vibes from that record; definitely my favorite they've released.

seanwaits 10/17/12 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockVocalPower (Post 114308762)
The "How I Met Your Mother" and "Celebrity Rehab" name drops, the Peter Pan stuff.

I do love HIMYM though....

the new dancer 10/17/12 03:43 PM

I thought BDales was joking a few months back when he said he was going to write a song about HIMYM. I only listened to maybe the first minute or so but as of right now I am so up in the air about if I like it or not.

taylorenzminger 10/17/12 05:43 PM

I think the album version will be sick. With the way bands go through album cycles, its not like the record is going to be relevant much longer than the show anyway.