AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Coheed Track-by-Track #7 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2924962)

Garett Press 10/17/12 07:31 PM

Coheed Track-by-Track #7

Coheed and Cambria have posted the 7th "Inside the Concept" video feature; this one for "Vic the Butcher." See it in the replies.

Garett Press 10/17/12 07:31 PM

Rustash 10/17/12 09:10 PM

Surprised there hasn't been a review for this album on the site yet.

drewinseries 10/17/12 09:23 PM

Probably my favorite track off the record.

Hang em up.

AndyMania 10/17/12 09:26 PM

this song just rocks. fuck that phrase, but it's necessary. this song fucking ROCKS.

PHI Flyers10 10/17/12 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustash (Post 114330262)
Surprised there hasn't been a review for this album on the site yet.

I've been waiting to see one, but I feel like it's going to get knocked for only being half of the album, when all of the songs are incredible.

Rustash 10/17/12 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHI Flyers10 (Post 114330852)
I've been waiting to see one, but I feel like it's going to get knocked for only being half of the album, when all of the songs are incredible.

I agree, every song on the album is great. Also, go Flyers!

wait now here 10/17/12 11:22 PM

HANG YOUR SECRETS! HANG EM UP HANG EM UP NOW!

PHI Flyers10 10/18/12 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustash (Post 114331712)
I agree, every song on the album is great. Also, go Flyers!

Hell yeah! A Flyer and Coheed fan. I feel like some people don't understand that it's the first part of a double album, so it sounds incomplete when there's more to it. It'd be nice to see The Afterman be reviewed as a full album come February rather than in two halves.

Bryan Mac 10/18/12 05:30 AM

I've said it like nine times, but this song rules.

Aliarcy 10/18/12 07:58 AM

current favorite song on the album. it's just nuts

Garett Press 10/18/12 08:00 AM

It's interesting to me how well-received this song is, when it sounds the most like Black Rainbow out of all the tracks. I don't disagree... just interesting.

Really makes you weep for what could have been with YotBR... even though I'm a fan of it.

YoShitsGoinDown 10/18/12 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garett Press (Post 114338652)
It's interesting to me how well-received this song is, when it sounds the most like Black Rainbow out of all the tracks. I don't disagree... just interesting.

Really makes you weep for what could have been with YotBR... even though I'm a fan of it.

The production on this song is light years better than anything on YOTBR

wait now here 10/18/12 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garett Press (Post 114338652)

I suppose it is pretty similar to the style of YOTBR with the chaotic noise and stuff but it just seems they hadn't quite perfected the sound they were going for on that album yet and they nailed it on this song...or maybe the production really did just hamper those songs and they would have been more enjoyable if they had been recorded with the original producers? Idk but I sure as hell enjoy this song and it is really feels like it would be a perfect addition to their live show. They really need to swap out Afterman, Goodnight or hopefully Holly Wood and toss this song into the set.

simonbelmont 10/19/12 08:18 AM

Good lord I hope I have another chance at that limited edition set when Decension comes out. I passed due to the fear that this would be a let down like YOTBR and NWFT was for me.