AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: Man In A Crowd Album Premiere (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2925042)

Jack Appleby 10/18/12 12:29 AM

ABSOLUTExclusive: Man In A Crowd Album Premiere
 
I don't know about you, but Pop-influenced Americana does it for me. Man In A Crowd certainly fits the bill, inspiring fond memories of Counting Crows, Augustana, Wilco, and even Death Cab For Cutie. Their debut full-length releases next Tuesday, but we've got an exclusive stream for you to check out. Head to their AP.net Profile to stream Don't Paint Your Days So Gray and leave your thoughts in the comments.

Chris Collum 10/18/12 08:13 AM

Man I feel like I just got into this argument with another staff member...but Wilco? Really? I don't hear that in the slightest. Counting Crows and Augustana are more like it.

kneifelspy 10/18/12 08:16 AM

Def can hear the Augustana, and I am loving it!

mtprez2024 10/18/12 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 114337572)
Man I feel like I just got into this argument with another staff member...but Wilco? Really? I don't hear that in the slightest. Counting Crows and Augustana are more like it.

Early Wilco, especially A.M. was a big influence - the newer stuff not as much. But thanks for listening man. -Matt

mtprez2024 10/18/12 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kneifelspy (Post 114337642)
Def can hear the Augustana, and I am loving it!

Thanks dude - pass it on!

Chris Collum 10/18/12 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtprez2024 (Post 114338042)
Early Wilco, especially A.M. was a big influence - the newer stuff not as much. But thanks for listening man. -Matt

Fair enough. I obviously like the mid-career Wilco stuff the best, but A.M. is a really fun record that's overlooked way too often in my opinion. You don't get country-pop that's much better than that.

Chris Collum 10/18/12 08:38 AM

I also get a big Limbeck vibe from these tracks, which is super-cool

BPuskar 10/18/12 08:40 AM

I've listened through about 3 times, each time gets a little better. Definitely a solid record!

Kirk3 10/18/12 08:42 AM

Great album - I'm digging the harmony's, what is that a 6 part harmony on the first track?

danieljryan 10/18/12 08:47 AM

Love what these guys are doing! This stuff never gets old -- and always great to hear an organ skillfully used in modern rock...

mtprez2024 10/18/12 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk3 (Post 114338282)
Great album - I'm digging the harmony's, what is that a 6 part harmony on the first track?

Haha yeah I think it's 7 parts actually.

HotDayumn 10/18/12 09:10 AM

Lovin' the 90s rock influences coming through.

brookssurrender 10/18/12 09:40 AM

I'm hearing a lot of Wallflowers too. So good.

acousticdee 10/18/12 09:42 AM

Music to transport us to a better place
 
Man In A Crowd is genius. Their creative talent flows beautifully together and has intertwined into an ear pleasing experience. My favorite tracks by far were 'Wine and Excuses' & 'Like the World Is Ending'. I felt transported to the summer time, with the sun shining and the music coming from a great outdoor stage. I can't wait to see MIAC live and experience their talent on a whole new level.

I truly believe that Man In A Crowd has something special. It's really worth the listen. From their inspiring lyrics to their beautiful voices, this band has created a sound that is guaranteed to take them somewhere great.

mtprez2024 10/18/12 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticdee (Post 114339812)
Man In A Crowd is genius. Their creative talent flows beautifully together and has intertwined into an ear pleasing experience. My favorite tracks by far were 'Wine and Excuses' & 'Like the World Is Ending'. I felt transported to the summer time, with the sun shining and the music coming from a great outdoor stage. I can't wait to see MIAC live and experience their talent on a whole new level.

I truly believe that Man In A Crowd has something special. It's really worth the listen. From their inspiring lyrics to their beautiful voices, this band has created a sound that is guaranteed to take them somewhere great.

Wow - thanks so much for the extremely well-written feedback. We really appreciate it!