AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  fun. Performing on SNL in November (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2927992)

Drew Beringer 10/21/12 03:09 PM

fun. Performing on SNL in November

fun. will be the musical guest on the November 3rd episode of Saturday Night Live. In even better news, comedian Louis C.K. will also be the host of that episode.

concealed 10/21/12 03:10 PM

fun...not so good live

Louis CK, on the other hand, is hilarious live.

TONIIIIIYIIIIGHYIGHYIIIIIGHT...sorr y, couldn't resist.

bladerdude360 10/21/12 03:16 PM

...Except that they're fantastic live. SNL has been awful recently but this is a great combo.

dunkinsdonut 10/21/12 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by concealed (Post 114442622)
fun...not so good live

TONIIIIIYIIIIGHYIGHYIIIIIGHT...sorr y, couldn't resist.

Gaugzilla 10/21/12 03:16 PM

....Except that SNL hasn't really been that awful lately. One might say it's actually been quite funny.

Star Slight 10/21/12 03:18 PM

Fun is great live
Louie is the best

still wont watch this aside from clips that people say are funny online

TomAce 10/21/12 03:18 PM

no interest in Fun. but it's about damn time Louis hosted this shit.

also, why is every news site I read about this on acting like Louis CK just got big?

daftpunker45 10/21/12 03:19 PM

Holy crap. Too bad I don't watch SNL.

Poochemist 10/21/12 03:23 PM

Last night's episode was great. Bruno Mars tore it up. I'm really looking forward to the Louis CK / fun. combo.

Also, I don't understand why they would take a week off right before the election. Seems like this is the time when SNL shines the most and gets high ratings.

Gaugzilla 10/21/12 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 114442982)
no interest in Fun. but it's about damn time Louis hosted this shit.

also, why is every news site I read about this on acting like Louis CK just got big?

No one's acting like Louis got big. But you can't argue that he's just recently being recognized by more than comedy nerds and TV critics.

TomAce 10/21/12 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 114443122)
No one's acting like Louis got big. But you can't argue that he's just recently being recognized by more than comedy nerds and TV critics.

wasn't talking about ap.

maybe you're right tho, and i just took it for granted that "hey this guy is one of the best in his field ever. he's gotta be super well known.".

i just know that every time i've seen him it's been a sold out show of very diverse people, and I don't think I really know anyone who isn't familiar with him.

guess you can never account for the percentage of middle americans living under a rock and such.

either way, the more recognition the better.

TheRealJohnOC 10/21/12 03:33 PM

I hope Louie calls out SNL for ripping off O and A.

Mr Hox182 10/21/12 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftpunker45 (Post 114443012)
Holy crap. Too bad I don't watch SNL.

Then watch it? I don't know how that is difficult...

incognitojones 10/21/12 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 114443242)
wasn't talking about ap.

maybe you're right tho, and i just took it for granted that "hey this guy is one of the best in his field ever. he's gotta be super well known.".

i just know that every time i've seen him it's been a sold out show of very diverse people, and I don't think I really know anyone who isn't familiar with him.

guess you can never account for the percentage of middle americans living under a rock and such.

either way, the more recognition the better.

He's been selling out crowds, but now he's big enough to sell out some really really large crowds. He made a huge recognition jump in the past couple of years and is probably one of the biggest stand up acts in the world at the moment.

Louis will def make me want to watch this, i could take or leave fun.

Ollie McKraut 10/21/12 03:49 PM

toniiiyiiiyiiiiiiiyiiiyiiiiighhhht