AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  fun. Performing on SNL in November (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2927992)

Drew Beringer 10/21/12 04:09 PM

fun. Performing on SNL in November

fun. will be the musical guest on the November 3rd episode of Saturday Night Live. In even better news, comedian Louis C.K. will also be the host of that episode.

concealed 10/21/12 04:10 PM

fun...not so good live

Louis CK, on the other hand, is hilarious live.

TONIIIIIYIIIIGHYIGHYIIIIIGHT...sorr y, couldn't resist.

bladerdude360 10/21/12 04:16 PM

...Except that they're fantastic live. SNL has been awful recently but this is a great combo.

dunkinsdonut 10/21/12 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by concealed (Post 114442622)
fun...not so good live

Gaugzilla 10/21/12 04:16 PM

....Except that SNL hasn't really been that awful lately. One might say it's actually been quite funny.

Star Slight 10/21/12 04:18 PM

Fun is great live
Louie is the best

still wont watch this aside from clips that people say are funny online

TomAce 10/21/12 04:18 PM

no interest in Fun. but it's about damn time Louis hosted this shit.

also, why is every news site I read about this on acting like Louis CK just got big?

daftpunker45 10/21/12 04:19 PM

Holy crap. Too bad I don't watch SNL.

Poochemist 10/21/12 04:23 PM

Last night's episode was great. Bruno Mars tore it up. I'm really looking forward to the Louis CK / fun. combo.

Also, I don't understand why they would take a week off right before the election. Seems like this is the time when SNL shines the most and gets high ratings.

Gaugzilla 10/21/12 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 114442982)
no interest in Fun. but it's about damn time Louis hosted this shit.

also, why is every news site I read about this on acting like Louis CK just got big?

No one's acting like Louis got big. But you can't argue that he's just recently being recognized by more than comedy nerds and TV critics.

TomAce 10/21/12 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 114443122)
No one's acting like Louis got big. But you can't argue that he's just recently being recognized by more than comedy nerds and TV critics.

wasn't talking about ap.

maybe you're right tho, and i just took it for granted that "hey this guy is one of the best in his field ever. he's gotta be super well known.".

i just know that every time i've seen him it's been a sold out show of very diverse people, and I don't think I really know anyone who isn't familiar with him.

guess you can never account for the percentage of middle americans living under a rock and such.

either way, the more recognition the better.

TheRealJohnOC 10/21/12 04:33 PM

I hope Louie calls out SNL for ripping off O and A.

Mr Hox182 10/21/12 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftpunker45 (Post 114443012)

Then watch it? I don't know how that is difficult...

incognitojones 10/21/12 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 114443242)
wasn't talking about ap.

maybe you're right tho, and i just took it for granted that "hey this guy is one of the best in his field ever. he's gotta be super well known.".

i just know that every time i've seen him it's been a sold out show of very diverse people, and I don't think I really know anyone who isn't familiar with him.

guess you can never account for the percentage of middle americans living under a rock and such.

He's been selling out crowds, but now he's big enough to sell out some really really large crowds. He made a huge recognition jump in the past couple of years and is probably one of the biggest stand up acts in the world at the moment.

Louis will def make me want to watch this, i could take or leave fun.

Ollie McKraut 10/21/12 04:49 PM

toniiiyiiiyiiiiiiiyiiiyiiiiighhhht

daftpunker45 10/21/12 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Hox182 (Post 114443522)
Then watch it? I don't know how that is difficult...

It's just not a habit of mine.

PirateSkater182 10/21/12 05:01 PM

Not a fan of that band but I'll just pause and fast forward to more Louie.

Gaugzilla 10/21/12 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 114443242)
wasn't talking about ap.

It's kind of like the Grammys giving Best New Artist nominations to bands that have been out for a decade. They're basically saying "Yea, you've been around forever, but now you've made it big."

Gaugzilla 10/21/12 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 114443252)
I hope Louie calls out SNL for ripping off O and A.

Few people care about Opie and Anthony, plus Louis has class. So no, that won't happen.

Chris Collum 10/21/12 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftpunker45 (Post 114443012)

Stop being dumb, just watch it once for the guests you have an interest in.

This should be cool. I guess they'll play "We Are Young" and "Some Nights"? Or do you guys think they'll switch it up and play a potential third single?

Steve Alcala 10/21/12 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 114444402)
Stop being dumb, just watch it once for the guests you have an interest in.

This should be cool. I guess they'll play "We Are Young" and "Some Nights"? Or do you guys think they'll switch it up and play a potential third single?

I'm sure they'll push Carry On.

Chris Collum 10/21/12 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhbee94 (Post 114444922)
I'm sure they'll push Carry On.

Is that actually the third single? The wiki article has said that for forever, but it's unsourced I believe

TheDillon 10/21/12 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 114445232)
Is that actually the third single? The wiki article has said that for forever, but it's unsourced I believe

http://www.ournameisfun.com/
they have a music video teaser for "carry on" on their website so I'm pretty sure that is correct.

whoever said fun is not a good live band must not have seen fun live. they're phenomenal.

Chris Collum 10/21/12 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDillon (Post 114445442)
http://www.ournameisfun.com/
they have a music video teaser for "carry on" on their website so I'm pretty sure that is correct.

whoever said fun is not a good live band must not have seen fun live. they're phenomenal.

Okay sweet, thanks man. That's a pretty good song so I'm cool with that.

pennie 10/21/12 05:46 PM

I hope they play Be Calm

BensonHedges 10/21/12 05:53 PM

It'd be nice if they actually moved on from "We Are Young" for this appearance, but I doubt it. What are the chances for a cameo in a sketch or Nate doing something random?

ALT/MSC/FAN 10/21/12 05:58 PM

Such an awesome combo. I haven't really been impressed with SNL this season, but this is definitely an episode worth watching.

jdr277 10/21/12 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by concealed (Post 114442622)
fun...not so good live

Louis CK, on the other hand, is hilarious live.

Fun. was absolutely amazing live when I saw them open for NFG. Your nuts!

jdr277 10/21/12 06:00 PM

Super stoked about this. Louis CK is my favorite comedian and fun. is great I hope they do some skits!

AMackChuck 10/21/12 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdr277 (Post 114446222)
Fun. was absolutely amazing live when I saw them open for NFG. Your nuts!

What about his nuts?! Lololol oh grammar, you slay me.

Clark 10/21/12 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennie (Post 114445682)
I hope they play Be Calm

That has a 0.00% chance of happening.

Searos 10/21/12 06:12 PM

saw them open for panic! at the disco a while back. fun. were good live then but I have no idea or care for how some nights songs sound live. If they sound better live than they managed to make bleh songs sound decent.

Mister Lyrical 10/21/12 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BensonHedges (Post 114446042)
It'd be nice if they actually moved on from "We Are Young" for this appearance, but I doubt it. What are the chances for a cameo in a sketch or Nate doing something random?

In all honesty they probably won't play We Are Young. I keep hearing Some Nights (The Song) everytime I turn on the radio so it looks like that has caught on. I'd expect them to play that and Carry On.

Portugal4142 10/21/12 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark (Post 114446562)
That has a 0.00% chance of happening.

Your nuts!

lolololol... It was a pretty funny joke like 8 posts ago... It's my catch phrase now.

ALT/MSC/FAN 10/21/12 07:03 PM

My guess is that they'll play "Some Nights" and "Carry On".

ALT/MSC/FAN 10/21/12 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMackChuck (Post 114446532)
What about his nuts?! Lololol oh grammar, you slay me.

AMackChuck 10/21/12 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugal4142 (Post 114447982)
Your nuts!

lolololol... It was a pretty funny joke like 8 posts ago... It's my catch phrase now.

Still relevent.

qwerty22 10/21/12 07:36 PM

Louie is too good for that show now.

seanwaits 10/21/12 08:02 PM

Really looking forward to this.

TheRealJohnOC 10/21/12 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 114444002)
Few people care about Opie and Anthony, plus Louis has class. So no, that won't happen.

You know CK and the O and A boys are close friends right? All of them were on an episode this season plus Jim Norton is ALWAYS on Louie. That's not even mentioning that Bob Kelly (Louie's brother on the show) is on O&A once a week. Same with Colin Quinn. Even Chris Rock phones in the show every once in awhile. Either you're really ignorant for posting that or you're a Stern fan.

tacosforcharles 10/21/12 08:28 PM

Can't wait to watch this!

Star Slight 10/21/12 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 114450852)
You know CK and the O and A boys are close friends right? All of them were on an episode this season plus Jim Norton is ALWAYS on Louie. That's not even mentioning that Bob Kelly (Louie's brother on the show) is on O&A once a week. Same with Colin Quinn. Even Chris Rock phones in the show every once in awhile. Either you're really ignorant for posting that or you're a Stern fan.

How is that ignorant? It's true. Louie wouldn't do something like that, and no one cares about O and A/any other radio show/SNL/anyone stealing anything. It's not 2001

TheRealJohnOC 10/21/12 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Slight (Post 114451142)
How is that ignorant? It's true. Louie wouldn't do something like that, and no one cares about O and A/any other radio show/SNL/anyone stealing anything. It's not 2001

That's why they have been together for the past 20 years? They're multi-millionaires and they work 4 hours a day for 5 days a week. If no one cared, they would be in some small market city instead of satellite radio. Next to Howard, they're the most popular show on Sirius XM. Keep thinking that no one cares about them.

Star Slight 10/21/12 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 114451452)
That's why they have been together for the past 20 years? They're multi-millionaires and they work 4 hours a day for 5 days a week. If no one cared, they would be in some small market city instead of satellite radio. Next to Howard, they're the most popular show on Sirius XM. Keep thinking that no one cares about them.

And we all know how popular radio is these days

simmer down, Stan

TheRealJohnOC 10/21/12 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Slight (Post 114451622)
And we all know how popular radio is these days

simmer down, Stan

I'm good over here. Just saying there's 25 million customers that pay for radio on Sirius XM. It's still a good media format. Terrestrial on the other hand..now THAT is a dead form.

Star Slight 10/21/12 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 114451762)
I'm good over here. Just saying there's 25 million customers that pay for radio on Sirius XM. It's still a good media format. Terrestrial on the other hand..now THAT is a dead form.

I think we're straying from the initial point. Louis is not going to mention anything about O and A on Saturday Night Live because Louis isn't that type of comedian.

TomAce 10/21/12 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 114444002)

haha this is also the guy that asked Donald Rumsfeld if he was in fact a lizard tho. he doesn't have TOO much class.

but yeah, Louis works with SNL on TV Funhouse all the time.

TheRealJohnOC 10/21/12 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Slight (Post 114452012)
I think we're straying from the initial point. Louis is not going to mention anything about O and A on Saturday Night Live because Louis isn't that type of comedian.

But Louie IS that type of comic. This is the guy who doesn't care about his reputation. Like the post above me, he called Rumsfeld a lizard. I'm not sure how many people are still there from his days at SNL but you have to expect the unexpected with CK. Will he say something? Doubtful. Will he use and O and A line in one of the skits..don't be surprised.

Star Slight 10/21/12 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 114452502)
But Louie IS that type of comic. This is the guy who doesn't care about his reputation. Like the post above me, he called Rumsfeld a lizard. I'm not sure how many people are still there from his days at SNL but you have to expect the unexpected with CK. Will he say something? Doubtful. Will he use and O and A line in one of the skits..don't be surprised.

I never said he cared about his reputation, he just doesn't seem like the type to do some schtick like that on television.

We'll see, I guess. Or you will since I probably won't watch it

Cody Nelson 10/21/12 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 114452502)

There's a difference between ripping on a political figure and calling out a show on said show. You get that, right? One is comedy, one is being unprofessional disguised as comedy.