AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  Underoath - 10.19.12 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2928462)

Trevor Sostarich 10/22/12 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Denning (Post 114460912)
There's tickets left for it? I thought they sold out immediately.

I have a friend that got some and he's offered me one if I drive. It's a two and half hour drive and I told him maybe. Now I'm really considering it.

cbarry87 10/22/12 09:59 AM

Every interview that I've read makes me appreciate this band more and more. I can tell that they are putting every bit of energy that they have for these last few shows, and I can't wait to be a part of it. Flying to Florida will be worth every penny.

TorontoMatt 10/22/12 10:19 AM

Kinda just seems that they were no longer able to survive from the underoath paycheck

Feenucks 10/22/12 10:20 AM

"Nobody wants to watch a heavy band jam for two hours..."

False.

Anyway, I'm glad he clarified the tour schedule thing. Now everyone can shut the fuck up about it.

DylanPPPP 10/22/12 10:34 AM

I know you get a lot of flak, Jake, and from a lot of people (myself included) but this is a great interview. The questions touched upon everything that I wanted to know about the situation, so good job.

TylerFindsNorth 10/22/12 10:46 AM

Not to be that guy, but I'm just wondering. Does anyone know who is/isn't on board with being a Christian band at this point? Not that it matters, but it would be interesting to know.

DylanPPPP 10/22/12 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerFindsNorth (Post 114463272)
Not to be that guy, but I'm just wondering. Does anyone know who is/isn't on board with being a Christian band at this point? Not that it matters, but it would be interesting to know.

Hard to tell. I don't think it would be Spencer and I don't know enough about the rest of the band to guess.

blindrider529 10/22/12 11:02 AM

Wasn't "steamed" that there isn't a Seattle show until I read this interview :-P

The Gryphonator 10/22/12 11:05 AM

Great interview. You asked some really good questions.

I really hope they record the tampa show. I think that would at least help out the people who can't see them on one last time (which includes me.... )

I'm stoked to hear these last two songs. However, I'll probably just be disappointed by the lack of a full album.

Everything Chris said makes sense though. I'm glad they all seem to be happy with the decision.

Sloth7 10/22/12 11:08 AM

Quote:

From an interview with Grant:

"Chris, Tim and James definitely consider themselves Christian. Daniel doesn’t really consider himself “Christian.” Term-wise, he still believes in God and things. And I honestly can’t tell you what I call myself. And Spencer’s on the same boat I am. On a personal level, this is just me speaking for myself, Grant, I have lately found a big turnoff to Christians as far as an ignorance factor and a judgmental factor [goes]."

drudo182 10/22/12 11:12 AM

Quote:

I actually wondered that too. I guess I thought they were all on the same page. Maybe they are but just have different beliefs within that belief system? Who knows.

edit: See the quote above. Thanks.

ZachMadeMeOdd 10/22/12 11:13 AM

Why is it so hard for people to just accept true inspiration in yourself and not in a fake higher being? You got where you were and are on your own, not God. With that being said, RIP to this band.

phaynes1 10/22/12 11:19 AM

Can't wait for Tampa

ebushelm 10/22/12 11:23 AM

Tampa showwww! God it's gonna be awesome! Tickets are already going for $120+...nuts

RyanGarner 10/22/12 11:35 AM

Very good interview, incredibly bummed the Philly date sold out.