AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Interviews (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
  -  Underoath - 10.19.12 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2928462)

PetitnaindesĪles 10/23/12 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneymaker. (Post 114476132)
interesting read. i always thought they claimed to be a Christian band. maybe this is why aaron gillespie left early?

i guess so, everything would make sense

defy_stars 10/23/12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachMadeMeOdd (Post 114474392)
It's not a UK thing, just more people over there have their heads on right. I have no issue with anyone being religious, but there's gonna be a day where everyone's on the same page.

You clearly do have an issue when you say ones that don't "have their heads on right".

ZachMadeMeOdd 10/23/12 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defy_stars (Post 114508262)
You clearly do have an issue when you say ones that don't "have their heads on right".


I've got no issues. God isn't real, end of story.

MrDelux 10/23/12 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkwayTom (Post 114488042)
Thought I was the only APer in Nashville. Are you gonna go to the Atlanta show?

Nope, a buddy of mine from this area is going to the FL show... CRAZY!

TorontoMatt 10/23/12 01:32 PM

i hope they play I'm Content With Losing.

christoopher 10/23/12 02:28 PM

Tickets for the Tampa show sold out long ago. There's a news story about how much people are paying for them here:

http://www2.tboextra.com/entertainme...eco-ar-541883/

moneymaker. 10/23/12 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefalcone777 (Post 114497072)
It was a big part. I thought it was also the reason Dan left Norma Jean in the first place?

doesnt really make sense to me because Underoath played Christian music festivals this summer. (?) i'm not sure about dan, but thats pretty odd that Norma Jean said the same thing

Shatter_Glass 10/24/12 08:27 PM

Chris is the nicest guy ever. He let me and my friends onstage for UO's set at the last Beloved show..

When did Underoath become "not a Christian band anymore"

Onermedboxer 10/25/12 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachMadeMeOdd (Post 114512132)
I've got no issues. God isn't real, end of story.

One cannot simply say God is not real. You can never be asked to prove a negative. If you are standing in an empty room in a huge building, you cannot say "This building is empty." You simply do not have the authority.
I'm not saying he/she is or is not real, but you are just trying to cause a raucous.

ZachMadeMeOdd 10/25/12 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onermedboxer (Post 114596052)
One cannot simply say God is not real. You can never be asked to prove a negative. If you are standing in an empty room in a huge building, you cannot say "This building is empty." You simply do not have the authority.
I'm not saying he/she is or is not real, but you are just trying to cause a raucous.


No I'm not, you assume too much. I can appreciate what you're saying. But the fact of the matter is growing up in a catholic family and seeing so much hypocrisy in the belief system I simply can't put faith into a man that never shows and allows so many to suffer from the things WE create ourselves. He's no savior to me or to anyone I know. Not to mention facts from science help me feel confident in what I believe.