AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  All Time Low Cover Cyndi Lauper (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2928872)

Journey408 10/22/12 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisenShaanted (Post 114476022)
no one covers Cyndi Lauper like Quietdrive.



Acad08 10/22/12 04:04 PM

AMAZING! I love it. One of those that works better than the original, in my opinion.

t3hmilkman923 10/22/12 05:02 PM

not gonna lie, that was really fucking good.

Alison1488 10/22/12 05:40 PM

I'm curious how many people commented on MTV Iggy knew who Cyndi Lauper even is.

Searos 10/22/12 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meech (Post 114477322)
That Time After Time cover is absolutely brilliant

This is my favorite cover of Time After Time

claw38 10/22/12 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisenShaanted (Post 114476022)
This is solid, but let's be honest, no one covers Cyndi Lauper like Quietdrive.

Haha that's exactly what I thought back to when I saw ATL covered her. QD used to be pretty awesome.

This cover is really great, ATL is on a roll lately. They've had a fantastic year

DisenShaanted 10/22/12 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claw38 (Post 114495462)
Haha that's exactly what I thought back to when I saw ATL covered her. QD used to be pretty awesome.

This cover is really great, ATL is on a roll lately. They've had a fantastic year

And so many of the comments talk about how emotionally draining this cover is. Please. That QD cover is gut-wrenching

Drewmosabi 10/23/12 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journey408 (Post 114472022)
idk never liked the song
always felt like one of those sappy, campy pop songs that's supposed to be deep n meaningful, but
just comes off as corny


Pffft.. It's pretty obvious what the song is about and it's pretty deep and meaningful. Campy pop songs are what you here on glee and Hannah Montana, how dare you relate Cyndi Lauper's music with the likes of that. The audacity!

Kris_Gontz9 10/23/12 06:05 AM

This was really fucking good, like really. Blown away. Want to have this on itunes so much...

bobsheiskawy 10/23/12 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisenShaanted (Post 114476022)
This is solid, but let's be honest, no one covers Cyndi Lauper like Quietdrive.


Journey408 10/23/12 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewmosabi (Post 114499252)
Pffft.. It's pretty obvious what the song is about and it's pretty deep and meaningful. Campy pop songs are what you here on glee and Hannah Montana, how dare you relate Cyndi Lauper's music with the likes of that. The audacity!


nothing wrong with making campy pop songs, i just choose to only listen to certain ones. some are overly corny

stace-master 10/23/12 10:55 AM

Very nice!

kbomb001 10/23/12 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keagan Ilvonen (Post 114465542)
Don't like the original at all but they knocked it out.

this

Drewmosabi 10/23/12 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journey408 (Post 114509522)
nothing wrong with making campy pop songs, i just choose to only listen to certain ones. some are overly corny

Hairy muff, but I don't think the term "Campy pop" was used to describe pop music back then, it was just pop music. As I said before Camp refers to musical esque stuff and glee and all that crap. :puke: