Liz Wood - 10.23.12
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
My parents gave it to me at birth.
2. How did this band get started?
I started professionally singing music at 13. Never even considered doing anything else with my life.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Jakob and Bob Dylan
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Oh my goodness, so many!
Past: Rolling Stones, because they are so damn cool and I could never get sick of hearing them perform every night.
Present: Butch Walker, because I feel like I could learn a lot from him and I think his fans would dig me as well.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Coffee and Licorice, and tons of it.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
It's honest. I feel like they can relate and from that it can hopefully get them through their frustrations like it does for me.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Danica Patrick, I LOVE classic and fast cars.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would have a list that rolled out onto the floor! So many people have been there for me, I am so grateful. But for sure my family, God and fans.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
It wouldn't be the industry as much as the fans.
I would really like to see more people to go experience LIVE music and get out and support!
Everyone is so glued to their computer screens.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I love to scare people so I would zip myself in the bass drum bag and then when they opened it, I would pop out!
Got 'em every time
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means success! The fact that their are blogs out there supporting and bringing new music to the surface is so refreshing!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Van Morrison "Sweet Thing"
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Back east ( NY, CT) with my family.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
All the stuff my mom played, which are now my influences. Van Morrison, Cat Stevens, Dylan, Don Henley, Melanie, Joan Baez, Springsteen.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be invisible. Not so I can sneak around people but so I can disappear for a while. And I could scare everyone! Hah!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I get pretty bad OCD when I am anxious, so I will scratch my arm then have to scratch it eight more times and things like that. It drives me insane.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm very shy. And I'm vegetarian.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Yes, yes and yes. If anything my songs are very catchy and most every kind of person likes them.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I write like crazzzzy. I also go to a lot of local shows. Even alone. I'm the weird girl in the back by herself just there to listen to some new bands.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can make some killer vegan pastries!