AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Blink 182 Address Independence with MTV (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2931432)

RockVocalPower 10/24/12 01:01 PM

I hear Blink got dropped because they don't travel in the same tour bus anymore.

oneeightytwo 10/24/12 01:17 PM

Looking forward to what could happen!

torres 10/24/12 01:22 PM

I doubt they got dropped. Incubus is also independent at the moment. Sony apparently offered them a very generous offer to stay on, but Incubus refused to re-sign with them. I expect the same happened with Blink 182.

bobcatbob18 10/24/12 01:43 PM

Rumor has it the heads at Geffen dropped Blink because they thought Tom didn't look like he wanted to be there.

WhaleSnake 10/24/12 01:53 PM

are they forever independent? or just until they find another label? will it cost them less to put out an album now or more seeing there will be a huge demand and theyd have to print so many copies themselves as well as promote?

SureAsRain 10/24/12 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 114555272)
Well, if blink-182 has been signed for 15 years, they probably didn't have a 360 deal. So the label would most likely have seen nothing from their touring profits, besides CDs sold on the road.

I imagine the deal just ran out though.


I can def see a situation where they had to either negotiate a new deal, since they were still on their contract from the hiatus, or leave the label. So they decided to just leave the label. I feel like if they really desired being unsigned, they would have discussed it more during the recent push of the last album.

RockVocalPower 10/24/12 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SureAsRain (Post 114560112)
I can def see a situation where they had to either negotiate a new deal, since they were still on their contract from the hiatus, or leave the label. So they decided to just leave the label. I feel like if they really desired being unsigned, they would have discussed it more during the recent push of the last album.

They were likely still under contract when they decided to come back, hence releasing Neighborhoods on Interscope.

RockVocalPower 10/24/12 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhaleSnake (Post 114559792)
are they forever independent? or just until they find another label? will it cost them less to put out an album now or more seeing there will be a huge demand and theyd have to print so many copies themselves as well as promote?

Their overhead costs aren't as high now that they all have their own fully stocked studios. Obviously distributing a record independently is more complicated, but I imagine they'll just find a distributor and handle it that way.

Jason Tate 10/24/12 02:04 PM

Their contracted ended, the band did not renew.

Playsw/Squirels 10/24/12 02:13 PM

Man these guys are such All Time Low wannabe's!

;-)

RockVocalPower 10/24/12 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 114560392)
Their contracted ended, the band did not renew.

You're wrong -- they quit the label!

tdlyon 10/24/12 02:35 PM

I have a feeling they'll either sign to Tom's label To the Stars or start their own. Tom is very efficient at this kind of stuff judging from his work with AVA, so either way they should be fine.

buddah knome 10/24/12 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcatbob18 (Post 114559382)
Rumor has it the heads at Geffen dropped Blink because they thought Tom didn't look like he wanted to be there.

/thread

buddah knome 10/24/12 02:42 PM

I love the comment mark makes about the end about his hair, and the band haha

iden22 10/24/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcatbob18 (Post 114559382)
Rumor has it the heads at Geffen dropped Blink because they thought Tom didn't look like he wanted to be there.

I laughed.