AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Future Idiots Cover Blink 182's Neighborhods (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2934972)

Alex DiVincenzo 10/28/12 07:12 AM

Future Idiots Cover Blink 182's Neighborhods

Future Idiots have re-recorded Blink 182's Neighborhoods in its entirety "to demonstrate how the original record should have sounded." Check it out here. Do you think it's an improvement?
InformationNeighborhoods and Morningwoods, a humorous name that in concert with the 14 tracks is meant to pay homage to a legend in Pop Punk. If you noticed, the songs on this record consist of the entire Blink-182 album 'Neighborhoods'. Most people think this in and of itself is a joke. I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album? Simple, it's all in an effort to make each and every song sound more like the Blink-182 we all fell in love with back in the day.

To put it succinctly, the reason behind recording this album was to demonstrate how the original record should have sounded. That's not a slight towards Blink-182 either. The fact that fans were disappointed with Blink's latest album shows the kind of high standards that the Future Idiots and the fans hold the legendary trio to.

I want to make it absolutely clear that this isn't an attempt to one-up somebody else's material. It's an attempt to make Mark, Tom and Travis proud by putting out an old-school Blink performance that even they and their fans can appreciate.

Alex DiVincenzo 10/28/12 07:13 AM

Interesting concept, although I'm not sure it's legal to sell this.

Edit: Looks like Pacific Ridge, who have put out a couple of cool Blink tributes, did this - so I assume they do have the rights.

Archael 10/28/12 07:15 AM

usually I hate blink wannabes because they are like blink and blink sucks, but this band rules, they're just like blink but actually worth listening to outside of dude ranch

I need to check this out

Archael 10/28/12 07:16 AM

also, I don't think this is legal to sell, but it could be a fun venture

hope blink doesn't sue some of their biggest fans

LetterBomb31 10/28/12 07:16 AM

can't stand people telling bands how their music "should" sound

On their profile it says: "I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album?" They state that like it's a fact haha. Personally, I prefer the more experimental sound of the S/T and Neighborhoods. I hate everything about this. They've turned the songs into boring, generic pop-punk and they're speaking as if this is what the majority of fans want from blink. I'm pretty sure that these guys are actually in quite a small minority of fans who want blink to put out another album that sounds like Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. There's always that one guy who never grew up and still listens to punk music like it's the only music worth listening to...

The fact that they're selling this as well? Holy shit...

MathewHeroic 10/28/12 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 114691072)
Interesting concept, although I'm not sure it's legal to sell this.

"Is it legal to do this? I surely don't know" - Motion City Soundtrack

Mibabalou 10/28/12 07:18 AM

People really need to realize it's not 1998, bands change their sound, get over it.

MikeYabs 10/28/12 07:18 AM

yea, i hope they got permission to sell this. if not, they are gonna get fucked so hard.

listened to a little bit of it, its not bad.

Jeff_Ryan 10/28/12 07:19 AM

No matter how many times they try to say that they aren't trying to act like douches, they're still acting like douches

Tomamo5 10/28/12 07:20 AM

Nice try and it's really well done, but I much prefer the original. This just turns some interesting songs into generic pop-punk fodder - e.g. Fighting The Gravity. It's weird because I hated the album on first listen, which juxtaposes it to all the other Blink albums but the more times I listen to it, the more it grows on me. I think it's great now and one of their finest.

LivingTheLyrics 10/28/12 07:20 AM

That Kabeezy fellow already took a stab at this with Up All Night, and did a fantastic job. He gave it away for free, and was super respectful about it. But these guys doing the whole album, and selling it... while saying its universally accepted as their worst album? C'mon, Buddha and Cheshire Cat are garbage compared to Neighborhoods. Think this is pretty lame all around.

Spencer Control 10/28/12 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetterBomb31 (Post 114691122)

On their profile it says: "I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album?" I wasn't aware of this?

Kinda came in here to say this. I don't care about either band, but this feels really arrogant - and meaningless.

Archael 10/28/12 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetterBomb31 (Post 114691122)

On their profile it says: "I mean, why choose to cover what's widely considered to be Blink's worst album?" I wasn't aware of this?

true, but then again it is their interpretation of how they thought blink should sound, idea is stupid sure, but let the kids dream

yeh, neighborhoods is def their worst album, I'm counting buddha though

Archael 10/28/12 07:26 AM

this is sounding a lot better than original Neighborhoods right now

especially up all night, regular version of that song was atrocious

spokenword 10/28/12 07:28 AM

Fuck this band, I don't want to hear any Swedish pop punk unless its Millencolin.