AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Green Day Release "The Forgotten" Video from Twilight (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2937822)

Alex DiVincenzo 10/31/12 07:01 AM

Green Day Release "The Forgotten" Video from Twilight
 
Green Day's music video for "The Forgotten" from the Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 soundtrack can be viewed here.

PopPunkKid 10/31/12 07:48 AM

they do ballads really well. I was actually bummed that there were no tracks like this on Uno. good stuff.

FUCKDIRTYWIPES 10/31/12 08:01 AM

I was expecting worse. not bad.

brent_ster 10/31/12 08:01 AM

This song is from Tre as well right? Is it good cant view video in Canada.

Nathanie1 10/31/12 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent_ster (Post 114827162)
This song is from Tre as well right? Is it good cant view video in Canada.

you can find it on youtube

therookielot 10/31/12 08:18 AM

these terrible movies aren't done yet?

cowlord 10/31/12 08:25 AM

Its seeming more and more likely that Uno was the worst of the three. His voice sounds great.

Kris_Gontz9 10/31/12 08:36 AM

Not a fan of this.

pucky 10/31/12 08:42 AM

Here on Youtube:

Gaugzilla 10/31/12 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therookielot (Post 114827512)
these terrible movies aren't done yet?

I know. Right? It's like, whoa, they had a Part 2 to a Part 1!

dunkinsdonut 10/31/12 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 114828172)
I know. Right? It's like, whoa, they had a Part 2 to a Part 1!


It's pretty fucking genius. You get to pay for two terrible movies instead of one.

Ryan Gardner 10/31/12 10:01 AM

Thought this was pretty boring

ratmachine182 10/31/12 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 114828172)
I know. Right? It's like, whoa, they had a Part 2 to a Part 1!


All major series decide to break the final book into multiple feature films nowadays. By all I mean Harry potter and twilight. Or 3 in the case of the hobbit.

Clockwise 10/31/12 10:26 AM

Great song.

Gaugzilla 10/31/12 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratmachine182 (Post 114830562)
All major series decide to break the final book into multiple feature films nowadays. By all I mean Harry potter and twilight. Or 3 in the case of the hobbit.

I know. I was just poking fun at the fact that the guy feigned ignorance that the "Twilight" series still existed.

TomAce 10/31/12 10:49 AM

song suffers the same way all the others have to me. great vocal melody, catchy chord progression, cheesy as fuck lyrics.

buddah knome 10/31/12 10:57 AM

The song was great and the video was cool except for clips of that shitty fucking movie.

Grohl 10/31/12 11:23 AM

Makes me think of Maybe I'm Amazed.

LetterBomb31 10/31/12 11:29 AM

Usually, I like it when Green Day slows things down a bit. But this song is just boring as fuck

Seth Robinson 10/31/12 12:12 PM

The string arrangement makes this song good.

wtfjaked 10/31/12 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratmachine182 (Post 114830562)
All major series decide to break the final book into multiple feature films nowadays. By all I mean Harry potter and twilight. Or 3 in the case of the hobbit.

I can almost guarantee that the Mockingjay movie will be split up into 2 parts.

70x7brandnew 10/31/12 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfjaked (Post 114836462)
I can almost guarantee that the Mockingjay movie will be split up into 2 parts.

Already confirmed it will be. And it makes zero fucking sense as that book both a)sucked so bad in comparison to HG and CF, and b)there's no natural dividing point in that book.

wtfjaked 10/31/12 12:41 PM

Also this song isn' t that great. Very boring and lackluster.

wtfjaked 10/31/12 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70x7brandnew (Post 114837512)
Already confirmed it will be. And it makes zero fucking sense as that book both a)sucked so bad in comparison to HG and CF, and b)there's no natural dividing point in that book.

I haven't read it in a while, but isn't it shorter than Catching Fire too?

JustAHomeBoy 10/31/12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Gardner (Post 114830272)
Thought this was pretty boring

This.

Last Night on Earth is one of my favorite Green Day songs ever, too bad this falls short of what their ballads could sound like.

70x7brandnew 10/31/12 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfjaked (Post 114837592)
I haven't read it in a while, but isn't it shorter than Catching Fire too?

About the same length iirc.

Steeeve Perry 10/31/12 04:25 PM

In a world where Green Day never put Good Riddance on Nimrod, they could release it tomorrow and the same 20 or so users would tell everyone how terrible it is.

tdlyon 10/31/12 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeeve Perry (Post 114848282)
In a world where Green Day never put Good Riddance on Nimrod, they could release it tomorrow and the same 20 or so users would tell everyone how terrible it is.

This. This is an amazing song. I could see this becoming huge, like Boulevard of Broken Dreams or 21 Guns huge.

Steeeve Perry 10/31/12 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdlyon (Post 114850672)
This. This is an amazing song. I could see this becoming huge, like Boulevard of Broken Dreams or 21 Guns huge.

Honestly I haven't even heard it yet, just so sick of people whinging for the sake of whinging, knowing Green Day is an easy target because they're so popular criticism can't really affect them.

But if this goes out as the single, with Twilight's backing, it will be big. No doubt.

I'll listen when I get a chance.