AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Stream The Gaslight Anthem "Hold You Up" EP (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2938592)

JayDanielHammer 10/31/12 10:18 PM

Doesn't play on my phone. Drats.

zporter92 11/01/12 01:32 AM

Misery is good, but it keeps switching sides on my speakers, and it's throwing me off lol

Nap 11/01/12 08:03 AM

Good, but too mellow.

nivek87 11/01/12 08:17 AM

whats up with the vocals? sounds undewater, he record this shit when hurricane sandy hit jersey?

Shatter_Glass 11/01/12 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 114844582)
Just listened to the album on my laptop, with headphones, definitely a problem with the upload I'm assuming, cause I don't hear anything with the vocals panning in my headphones. Or any popping.

Also think it's a great song, but I don't think it's the best song the band has ever written.

Whats is the best song Gaslight has in their catalog?

Really digging this EP - big fan of these guys. American Slang didn't really stick with me, but have really enjoyed everything else.

Shatter_Glass 11/01/12 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek87 (Post 114867592)
whats up with the vocals? sounds undewater, he record this shit when hurricane sandy hit jersey?

Ouch bro, ouch.

I think their cover of Skinny Love .

sakattack123 11/01/12 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shatter_Glass (Post 114868512)
Ouch bro, ouch.

I think their cover of Skinny Love .

go on

ibelieveinjake 11/01/12 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 114844582)
Just listened to the album on my laptop, with headphones, definitely a problem with the upload I'm assuming, cause I don't hear anything with the vocals panning in my headphones. Or any popping.

Also think it's a great song, but I don't think it's the best song the band has ever written.

That's a relief. Panning really threw me for a loop the first time I listened to it.

indiesuperman 11/01/12 12:40 PM

Unfortunately, I agree quite a lot with what's been said about the Skinny Love cover. While not terrible, I agree that the echo was a poor choice effects choice and Fallon should definitely have maintained his own vocal range quite a bit more. Solid effort, but an ultimate miss. Maybe that opinion will change with a few more listens. Hold You Up and Misery, though, are really good. Definitely an EP to get, if only for those songs. Hoping the local Eau Claire record store will get a couple copies!

ultragabe 11/01/12 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popdisaster00 (Post 114845172)
I don't think the Skinny Love cover is that bad. There's something so untouchable about that Bon Iver album that no cover will come close, but this is a solid attempt and most Gaslight fans should be happy to have it.

/truth

GirlsNoGood 11/02/12 11:41 AM

At first listen I don't love any of them, but they're not bad. Maybe they'll grow on me. I don't know, his vocals at times seem a little too strained or something.

adamKS 11/02/12 06:35 PM

legiiiiiiiiiit. . .i was hoping for a new upbeat/faster song from them but i'll take anything new from these guys. .the well just doesn't seem to ever run dry

mstarnes30 11/03/12 08:17 AM

Misery is incredible gonna be a great EP!