AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Canadian Music Round-Up (11/04/12) (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2941522)

Deborah Remus 11/04/12 06:46 AM

Canadian Music Round-Up (11/04/12)

Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Deborah Remus 11/04/12 06:46 AM

Canadian Music Round-UpCity and Colour Will Start Recording the Follow-Up to Little Hell This Month

Crystal Castles Released a New Song Called "Affection"

The Box Tiger Released a New Single Titled "Set Fire To Your Friends"

Faber Drive Will Be Touring Across Canada in November and December

Hollerado Will Release White Paint in February 2013

LIGHTS Released the Music Video for "Timing is Everything"

Living With Lions
Announced Tour Dates in Japan and Australia

Propagandhi's Chris Hannah Celebrated a Birthday This Week

Shad Released the Music Video for "It Ain't Over"

Sum 41's Deryck Whibley Dressed Up as Avril Lavigne for Halloween

Tegan and Sara Performed Their Two New Songs Acoustically

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.

Deborah Remus 11/04/12 06:47 AM

Anyone going to these tours?

Off With Their Heads kicks off a western Canadian tour next weekend in Winnipeg and I couldn't be more excited! Pretty much the only good punk band (aside from The Flatliners and Strung Out) that has decided to come through this year. Buy tickets and support them!

The same weekend the Stars/Metric tour kicks off in BC. I doubt I'll go, but I have a feeling some people on this site are stoked for this tour.

Also in BC that weekend, Comeback Kid will kick off a western Canadian tour with Backtrack/Expire.

Gallows will start their first ever cross-Canada tour on Tuesday, possibly because Wade MacNeil is now in the band. I know I'm definitely going to be there to check them out on November 16.

Lifestory: Monologue
started their farewell tour in Kitchener on Friday and the band will be touring through other parts of southern Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes this month.

Despite the fact that Sum 41 is from Canada, the band is only playing three cities on the Does This Look Infected? tour. The first stop is Toronto on November 8.

Any shows I'm missing?

mattbp 11/04/12 10:18 AM

And the 3 Sum 41 shows are already sold out.

Deborah Remus 11/04/12 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbp (Post 114978282)
And the 3 Sum 41 shows are already sold out.

I'm guessing you couldn't get tickets?

JustinDM 11/04/12 11:45 AM

Anyone else going to see Man Overboard at Sneaky Dee's in Toronto on the 17th?

BurymeWalkAway 11/04/12 02:39 PM

I might go see The Gallows

x13looDx 11/04/12 04:53 PM

Sum 41 always shits on Canada, haven't been to Winnipeg in at least 5 years. One scheduled show, but they pulled out.. Excited for Metric/Stars though!

Deborah Remus 11/04/12 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x13looDx (Post 114997972)
Sum 41 always shits on Canada, haven't been to Winnipeg in at least 5 years. One scheduled show, but they pulled out.. Excited for Metric/Stars though!

Yeah, I'm glad I got to see them on the original DTLI? tour at the Burton Cummings Theatre 9 years ago. They used to play here all the time, before Dave left.

NickNodirection 11/04/12 07:39 PM

My band is opening for Gallows on Tuesday in Montreal... I'm beyond excited it will be a blast!!!

mattbp 11/05/12 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 114981282)
I'm guessing you couldn't get tickets?

Nope. I have bought my tickets the day they were available. Quebec City sold out in a week or so.

Deborah Remus 11/05/12 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickNodirection (Post 115005212)
My band is opening for Gallows on Tuesday in Montreal... I'm beyond excited it will be a blast!!!

Cool, which band do you play in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbp (Post 115029772)
Nope. I have bought my tickets the day they were available. Quebec City sold out in a week or so.

Have fun then! I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember they were really good live.

mattbp 11/05/12 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 115035412)

Have fun then! I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember they were really good live.

Last time I saw them was at Bamboozle 09. They were doing a Metallica set as well. That was so good!

NickNodirection 11/07/12 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah Remus (Post 115035412)

I play in a band called NoDirectionHome we kinda sound like touche amore defeater and old Thrice... we're hitting the studio on the last week of November... I just got back from the show if you have a chance to go see Gallows in Canada on this tour just fucking GO. I spent an amazing night their set is brutal and extremely well executed. Also I'm happy we got a good response from the audience in general I truly spent a memorable night!!!! Fuck I love music.

CurtisFFI 11/07/12 10:27 AM

Stoked to be playing on the whole Faber Drive tour!