AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Stream Green Day's "ĄDos!" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2943972)

schlotty 11/07/12 06:47 AM

so so bad

harley7733 11/07/12 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacharydudeman (Post 115133692)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and saying that, I do feel like there is a hardcore negative bias towards Green Day on this site. I accepted a long time ago that Green Day would never release another Dookie or Kerplunk! or even Insomniac again, because they are a band that does what they want. If they want to make a fun pop-punk record, they will. If they want to make an epic conceptual rock album, they will. More importantly, if they want to make a trilogy of albums of varied genres, they will. Cuz they're fucking Green Day. Green Day can't just go back to sounding like snarly punks in their early '20s again because they are well past that in their career. This band gets so much shit, and I've never understood that. They always go above and beyond, and I respect them for that. I want to be as charismatic and energetic of a frontman as Billie Joe is someday, and they will always be one of my favorites. So I understand your opinions, but don't treat them as fact. That's just a douche move.

Exactly. One of the few bands mentioned on this site that is first ballot for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Jason Tate 11/07/12 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115139852)
Exactly. One of the few bands mentioned on this site that is first ballot for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Like that means anything ...

Jason Tate 11/07/12 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacemanLacey (Post 115137262)
Pretty damn good at hating on Green Day that is, correct?

I like Green Day. Up until 21st Century Breakdown - I loved Green Day.

People keep forgetting this for some reason.

Jason Tate 11/07/12 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115110552)
Jason Tate hates anything that doesnt take itself too seriously like he does.

That sure doesn't fit with reality.

matthewisobel 11/07/12 09:19 AM

I partially agree with Jason on this one. Whilst it obviously isn't the worst album of the year (probably worst in terms of not meeting expectations though) I do think Uno was a better album by quite a large margin. There are 8/9 listenable songs on Uno and about 4/5 at the most on Dos. I think everything about this triple pack of albums has been very... loose. I don't feel like the ideas are anywhere near as coherent as they were on American Idiot or even 21st Century Breakdown, especially when it comes to concept. Its almost like the whole concept of these albums and the music is that there are 3 albums of it. I really do not care how many Cd's they release in succession or how long they take in between albums, I just want music that is at least consistent all the way through, especially for such a seasoned band.

stonecoldnimrod 11/07/12 10:45 AM

i read a comment around here somewhere that months or years from now, you won't make the effort to listen to these songs hit the nail on the head. most of the songs on uno are good-great. could live without kill the dj, oh love, and one or two others. after a straight listen of dos, there are a few songs that i can find myself repeating. but for the most part, it sounds like a foxboro hot tubs album. i liked the fht's first cd, but sticking the green day name on it doesn't make it any better. i also think that these albums could have been spaced out a bit more. i just bought uno a few weeks ago, and look alive, here comes another one. and tre has been moved up a few weeks cause of rehab... there really isn't alot of time to make an informed opinion about an album without already hearing clips and samples of the next. they could have easily taken over 2013 by releasing an album every 4 months. regardless, i still have hopes that tre surpasses both albums so far.

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115141702)
I like Green Day. Up until 21st Century Breakdown - I loved Green Day.

People keep forgetting this for some reason.

So you loved Green Day, but Dos is the worst album of 2012. You're full of shit.

Jason Tate 11/07/12 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeAvalanch (Post 115145412)
So you loved Green Day, but Dos is the worst album of 2012. You're full of shit.

You're saying I didn't love a band that then released a crappy album? Second, I said "contender for.."

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115145942)
You're saying I didn't love a band that then released a crappy album? Second, I said "contender for.."

This isn't a crappy album though! Look, I haven't been much of a Green Day fan since 2005, and I really didn't like Uno. But after three listens to Dos, I'm still shocked by how solid it is. Can you just say you don't like it instead of automatically slinging it into the mud?

Jason Tate 11/07/12 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeAvalanch (Post 115146092)
This isn't a crappy album though! Look, I haven't been much of a Green Day fan since 2005, and I really didn't like Uno. But after three listens to Dos, I'm still shocked by how solid it is. Can you just say you don't like it instead of automatically slinging it into the mud?

I did say I don't like it ... and I said how much I don't like it. So?

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115146212)
I did say I don't like it ... and I said how much I don't like it. So?

That's understandable, but to call it the worst of the year is unfounded. This has been a great year for music, and Dos will fall somewhere in the middle. But it's not even a contender for WAOTY. I would think someone who respects music as much as you would recognize this.

Jason Tate 11/07/12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeAvalanch (Post 115146802)
That's understandable, but to call it the worst of the year is unfounded. This has been a great year for music, and Dos will fall somewhere in the middle. But it's not even a contender for WAOTY. I would think someone who respects music as much as you would recognize this.

I said contender for worst of the year. And on my list it most certainly is ...

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115147222)
I said contender for worst of the year. And on my list it most certainly is ...

Could you explain why?

drudo182 11/07/12 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115100692)
Perhaps he is one of those people who only enjoyed Dookie and wants every record Green Day make to sound like Dookie. Uno! and Dos! are both incredible.

Hmm. I must need to look up the word Incredible again.