AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Chat: MOD SUN & Pat Brown (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2944592)

Jake Denning 11/06/12 05:59 PM

AP.net Chat: MOD SUN & Pat Brown
 
Update: The chat is now over. Many thanks to MOD for chatting with us tonight. Catch him on tour with G-Eazy right now, and Man Overboard and Never Shout Never later this month. Check out modsunmusic.com/shows for dates.

MOD SUN & Pat Brown (Sing It Loud) will be chatting in this thread at 9pm EST/6pm PST. Feel free to stop by and talk about their current tour with G-Eazy, as well as MOD SUN's upcoming tour with Man Overboard and Never Shout Never. Heck, chat about ScHoolboy Q and P.O.S. with them if you'd like.

Jake Denning 11/06/12 05:59 PM

Rules for Chat
Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

If they doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

This is not a way to ask them for favors, to ask them if they'll make your voicemail message for you or visit you at your house.

Have fun. The idea is for everyone to talk together and share in a collective experience.

Some Posting Tips

Obviously you need to register for an account to participate. It's free. It's easy.

You may want to add an avatar to your account. It's that little icon by your post and it makes you stand out.

The chat takes place in the comments section of this thread -- it's just like a regular forum thread.

To reply to a post, click the "quote" link on it - and then type your reply. Simple.

To post a new reply, scroll to the bottom of the page and use either the "quick reply" box - or click the "write a comment" button.

If this is your first time on the website, remember that it may take a little getting used to - but we hope we made the experience easy for even first time posters. Hope you have a good time. Don't forget to come back daily to see what kinds of things we have going on during the day. Or follow us on twitter or facebook to not miss any important announcements.

the seventeenth 11/06/12 06:04 PM

Today is my birthday, I'm 18... How's life?

leftapart 11/06/12 06:09 PM

Wooo. Mod Sun. I dont keep up with you that much, but are you and Jonny Craigger cool now? I heard you two were going to do a show together soon. How do you feel about everything that happened in the past and now to the present? Sorry if I'm touching on a sore subject!

ModSun 11/06/12 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftapart (Post 115109532)
Wooo. Mod Sun. I dont keep up with you that much, but are you and Jonny Craigger cool now? I heard you two were going to do a show together soon. How do you feel about everything that happened in the past and now to the present? Sorry if I'm touching on a sore subject!

YO! Thanks for the question. Jonny + myself have always maintained a friendship. Through EVERYTHING! I've got endless support for him + truly want him to be in a happy place. We are playing a show together on November 13th in Los Angeles, CA at The Roxy.

cassxdee 11/06/12 06:14 PM

Are you planning to come to Alabama any time soon? Or to the South? I need to see you again soon!

CaseyMooseRae 11/06/12 06:14 PM

No Stickam this time? (:

ModSun 11/06/12 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the seventeenth (Post 115109012)
Today is my birthday, I'm 18... How's life?

Life is amazing, + for sure buy a scratch tickets...you are gonna win! HIPPY BIRTHDAY!

ModSun 11/06/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassxdee (Post 115110122)
Are you planning to come to Alabama any time soon? Or to the South? I need to see you again soon!

YES!!!! In February ill be back in Alabama! Most likely Mobile....how does that sound? + plenty of the south will be covered in February as well!

ModSun 11/06/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyMooseRae (Post 115110142)
No Stickam this time? (:

Next sunday!!!!!!

scrappy12 11/06/12 06:17 PM

Mod Sun your the man. I just recently started listening to your music after hearing your verse in nightstand with some of my other favorite artists mike stud and huey mack. Love your style and i will def. keep listening and be at your show in westchester P.A
-Vince

cassxdee 11/06/12 06:17 PM

Mobile is so far! Come to Atlanta Georgia? Please, You have so much love in Northern Alabama!

CaseyMooseRae 11/06/12 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSun (Post 115110322)
Next sunday!!!!!!

Good! because I miss ModSundays :D

kortniibby 11/06/12 06:18 PM

Mod Sun!
I'd like to know... what is one thing that can make you smile even on your worst of days?

by the way, you inspire me to stay positive everyday. <3

Aksel Stefansen 11/06/12 06:18 PM

Hey man just wanted to let you know you're one of the biggest influences on my life! I'd started to have doubts about where I was going in life and what I wanted to be doing. Listening to your music properly chilled me out and opened my eyes to so many things like the law of attraction. I now know where I want to be going and one day I'll be playing a show with you for sure! One question though, have you ever doubted yourself? I mean when everything to most people is based around income and careers do you ever think it would be better to just have a regular 9-5 job?
peace and love!

ModSun 11/06/12 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy12 (Post 115110402)
Mod Sun your the man. I just recently started listening to your music after hearing your verse in nightstand with some of my other favorite artists mike stud and huey mack. Love your style and i will def. keep listening and be at your show in westchester P.A
-Vince

FUCK YA!!! Westchester is gonna be amazing! So happy that mike + huey could help lead you to my music. I owe them a big thanks.

Jake Denning 11/06/12 06:19 PM

Pat will be in here shortly, hold tight.

ModSun 11/06/12 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassxdee (Post 115110442)
Mobile is so far! Come to Atlanta Georgia? Please, You have so much love in Northern Alabama!

I AM FOR SURE COMING TO ATLANTA!!!!

the seventeenth 11/06/12 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSun (Post 115110182)
Life is amazing, + for sure buy a scratch tickets...you are gonna win! HIPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks haha, keep up the good work homie

kortniibby 11/06/12 06:19 PM

Wait! I have another question! :D haha.

Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? (:
and what is your all time favorite song?

ModSun 11/06/12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kortniibby (Post 115110592)
Mod Sun!
I'd like to know... what is one thing that can make you smile even on your worst of days?

by the way, you inspire me to stay positive everyday. <3

Honestly, the fact is everyday i wake up. That simple fact makes smiling very easy! Also, the law of attraction really changed my life. Your mentality is reality...so think good thoughts!!!!

cassxdee 11/06/12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSun (Post 115110672)
I AM FOR SURE COMING TO ATLANTA!!!!

YES! You just made my year! I was planning on trying to travel to VA in December but it's ten hours away, so now I'm STOKED to see you in ATL. <3

CaseyMooseRae 11/06/12 06:20 PM

Do you like the tour so far? I like seeing your polaroids :p do you think you would like Warped or this tour better?

scrappy12 11/06/12 06:23 PM

Forgot to throw in there that i also just bought that orange 3/4 shirt your rocked in the nightstand video haha and same way is my favorite song of yours

mmboland 11/06/12 06:23 PM

Hey Mod,

Just wanted to leave a message saying thanks for the handshake and hug at Chicago/Tinley Park Warped Tour. You and Pat Brown were among the first to perform and I was stuck in traffic. I could hear you finishing your set as I walked through the gates. Was pretty bummed after missing that, but when I saw you later in the day, you took the time to stop and say hello. Love your music, hippy-hop for life, and keep being you! God bless

Friendbase,

Michael Boland

Bantiess 11/06/12 06:23 PM

Sunshine, what is your all time favorite record?
and how close are you to that million so I can be your girlfriend?

ModSun 11/06/12 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aksel Stefansen (Post 115110632)
Hey man just wanted to let you know you're one of the biggest influences on my life! I'd started to have doubts about where I was going in life and what I wanted to be doing. Listening to your music properly chilled me out and opened my eyes to so many things like the law of attraction. I now know where I want to be going and one day I'll be playing a show with you for sure! One question though, have you ever doubted yourself? I mean when everything to most people is based around income and careers do you ever think it would be better to just have a regular 9-5 job?
peace and love!

HEY MY FRIEND!!!!!! DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF.
You are capable of anything + you can do anything! The time to hesitate has passed + you should honestly chase every dream of yours NOW!

CaseyMooseRae 11/06/12 06:25 PM

Where is Patrick? Someone needs to drag his ass in here! :p

HAPPYASFUCK 11/06/12 06:25 PM

MOD SUN I love you!!!! <333 Would you please do a show in El Paso, Texas or Las Cruces, NM? anywhere close? I really wanna see you in concert, i love your mind, and your vibes you're one of the most lovely people on this planet in my eyes. Also, any advice on staying happy as fuck even when it gets hard??:) your music makes me happy though.

Aksel Stefansen 11/06/12 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSun (Post 115111172)
HEY MY FRIEND!!!!!! DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF.
You are capable of anything + you can do anything! The time to hesitate has passed + you should honestly chase every dream of yours NOW!

thanks so much it means a lot! the world needs more people like you!

ModSun 11/06/12 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kortniibby (Post 115110752)
Wait! I have another question! :D haha.

Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? (:
and what is your all time favorite song?

favorite quote right now is "Your worst mistake is your best advice".
FAvorite song right now is Bob Dylan "Shelter From The Storm".

ModSun 11/06/12 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassxdee (Post 115110842)
YES! You just made my year! I was planning on trying to travel to VA in December but it's ten hours away, so now I'm STOKED to see you in ATL. <3

ill be in atl in february!

Marilynnhermans 11/06/12 06:29 PM

I'm planning on visiting mn sometime soon.. Personal tour? Haha ☺

ModSun 11/06/12 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyMooseRae (Post 115110852)
Do you like the tour so far? I like seeing your polaroids :p do you think you would like Warped or this tour better?

I would love to do warped again!!!!
This tour is so amazing!!! + im glad you like the polaroids!!!!!!!!

ModSun 11/06/12 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmboland (Post 115111052)
Hey Mod,

Just wanted to leave a message saying thanks for the handshake and hug at Chicago/Tinley Park Warped Tour. You and Pat Brown were among the first to perform and I was stuck in traffic. I could hear you finishing your set as I walked through the gates. Was pretty bummed after missing that, but when I saw you later in the day, you took the time to stop and say hello. Love your music, hippy-hop for life, and keep being you! God bless

Friendbase,

Michael Boland

yayyyyy. Im sorry you missed the set but so happy that i got to say hello!

cassxdee 11/06/12 06:31 PM

Pat: You better be joining Mod when he comes to ATL! and Hoodie should totally tag along. (:

ModSun 11/06/12 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy12 (Post 115111062)
Forgot to throw in there that i also just bought that orange 3/4 shirt your rocked in the nightstand video haha and same way is my favorite song of yours

so classic!!!

YForlife 11/06/12 06:32 PM

I don't know if im doing this right but MOD SUN is AMAZING:-)

CaseyMooseRae 11/06/12 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSun (Post 115111602)
I would love to do warped again!!!!
This tour is so amazing!!! + im glad you like the polaroids!!!!!!!!

Seeing you at Warped was amazing, and hanging out with you after was perfect! I filled out the Warped Survey with your name like 5 times (; ...if Kevin doesn't have you on the list next year, I will cry lol

Jake Denning 11/06/12 06:33 PM

You're doing it right, welcome to the site.

ModSun 11/06/12 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bantiess (Post 115111102)
Sunshine, what is your all time favorite record?
and how close are you to that million so I can be your girlfriend?

Bob Dylan "The Freewheelin Bob Dylan"
Alanis Morrisette "Jagged Little Pill"
Tegan + Sara "So Jealous"
+ we gettin close :)

ModSun 11/06/12 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyMooseRae (Post 115111252)
Where is Patrick? Someone needs to drag his ass in here! :p

sound checking but he'll be here soon!

iamnaomi 11/06/12 06:35 PM

I can't wait to see you again on Dec. 8th here in VA! The roadtrip is going to be worth it! :) but anyway will you run for president next election, my hippy? I'll be ya First Lady :) haha hope you're doing well! xx

leftapart 11/06/12 06:35 PM

What sort of hobbies do you have (aside from the obvious)? ;-) :-d

CaseyMooseRae 11/06/12 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSun (Post 115112182)
Bob Dylan "The Freewheelin Bob Dylan"
Alanis Morrisette "Jagged Little Pill"
Tegan + Sara "So Jealous"
+ we gettin close :)

You like Tegan + Sara? omfg stoppp :p You listen to/make all of my favorite music haha you're too perfect lol

ModSun 11/06/12 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPYASFUCK (Post 115111282)
MOD SUN I love you!!!! <333 Would you please do a show in El Paso, Texas or Las Cruces, NM? anywhere close? I really wanna see you in concert, i love your mind, and your vibes you're one of the most lovely people on this planet in my eyes. Also, any advice on staying happy as fuck even when it gets hard??:) your music makes me happy though.

Please look up "The First 15 Minutes Of The Secret" on youtube if you are not familiar. It really helped me.
I'm coming to those spots very soon!!!

KaylaFaceCake 11/06/12 06:36 PM

when do you think your new mixtape will be out? (:
P.S see you tuesday! <3 you're getting a big ass hug.

siimplyjayy 11/06/12 06:37 PM

i dont really have a question i just want to tell mod that he's amazing &i love his positive attitude.
see you & pat on the 13th <33 :-*

ModSun 11/06/12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnaomi (Post 115111382)
I can't wait to see you again on Dec. 8th here in VA! The roadtrip is going to be worth it! :) but anyway will you run the president next election, my hippy? I'll be ya First Lady :) haha hope you're doing well! xx

HAHAHAHA LOVE IT!!!
You the best cant wait to say what up!!!

Marilynnhermans 11/06/12 06:38 PM

What's the word you use the most? Besides "like" ☺