AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Civil Wars Cancel Remaining Tour Dates (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945072)

TheDemosRock 11/07/12 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 115144002)
For both having significant others, those two always seem so close...

I've never had a conversation about the band without this coming up :-d
It really is crazy how they met and have managed to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cholly (Post 115144232)
It almost sounds like they're breaking up... then they mention new music... I don't know what to think.

Well.. the *hope* for new music could be just as faint as the hope for reconciliation :\

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananabread (Post 115154072)
maybe discord between them and management?

I think someone alreayd mentioned that their manager is Joy's husband, but regardless, it definitely sounds like "internal" is in reference to the two fo them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgkowznor (Post 115162512)
If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.

This is my best guess too. "Issues of ambition" can only mean so many things.

Live2Play 11/08/12 12:34 AM

I know I'll probably get crap for saying this, but why start a family right when you're starting a successful music career? Touring is the biggest part of this career you've chosen and now you can't be away from a new child (if that's the case?). If they do break up, I really feel let down as a fan. Seems like groups never last very long anymore because they aren't in it for the long haul. We may only get one album from them. Dissapointing.

Epilogueboy 11/08/12 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck! (Post 115145162)

hahaha

Rock 11/09/12 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgkowznor (Post 115162512)
If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.

You have more personal knowledge of the band than I do, but after reading into that statement, I came to the same conclusion. One of the two doesn't want to go on lengthy tours and have that lifestyle while the other does. I think they both want to continue making music - they just may not tour much.

Nate Bennett 11/09/12 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Play (Post 115179672)
I know I'll probably get crap for saying this, but why start a family right when you're starting a successful music career? Touring is the biggest part of this career you've chosen and now you can't be away from a new child (if that's the case?). If they do break up, I really feel let down as a fan. Seems like groups never last very long anymore because they aren't in it for the long haul. We may only get one album from them. Dissapointing.


That's a pretty selfish mindset for the fans to have, though. Even though music is her career, it's not 100% of her life. If her and her husband wanted to start a family, good for them. Hopefully the music continues to work around that, but I don't think we can blame anybody for wanting to have a kid...

Live2Play 11/09/12 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Bennett (Post 115241622)
That's a pretty selfish mindset for the fans to have, though. Even though music is her career, it's not 100% of her life. If her and her husband wanted to start a family, good for them. Hopefully the music continues to work around that, but I don't think we can blame anybody for wanting to have a kid...



I'm not gonna disagree with what you're saying, but I know that Joy was a struggling artist not making it until they got together to form this duo. I also believe that her husband is their manager. John Paul White has a family and kids and he seems to find a way to make it work? Just seems strange that they would finally find success and then plan to have kids now. I wonder if it really was "planned"? It just looks like Joy and her husband couldn't have had worse timing. Almost like they sabotaged their own success. Yeah, I'm being a little selfish, but it's so frustrating when so many bands/artists you discover and enjoy are gone right away. There are so many bands over the years that I think could have been huge that only put out one album because of some turmoil that caused them to break up right away. A band is like a marriage, but they never want compromise or work things out and throw in the towel so quickly. I know there is more to life than a career, but maybe in my little mind, I want to think they consider their fans who support them before giving up so easily. I dont' know?

thechetearly 11/10/12 06:41 AM

John Paul finally tried to put the moves on Joy and totally failed.