AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Civil Wars Cancel Remaining Tour Dates (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945072)

Drew Beringer 11/07/12 10:53 AM

The Civil Wars Cancel Remaining Tour Dates
 
The Civil Wars have canceled all of its remaining tour dates. You can read a message from the band in the replies.

Submitted by a lot of users

Drew Beringer 11/07/12 10:53 AM

Civil Wars Cancel Tour DatesWe sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013.

- Joy Williams & John Paul White.

PS - We understand that there are many of you stuck with service charges and travel reservations due to our abrupt cancelations. Please email us at info@thecivilwars.com if there are costs incurred that you would like to be reimbursed for, include a scan or attachment to your receipt(s) of the costs, and we will do our best to reimburse you for non-refundable charges.

combatchuckaa 11/07/12 10:55 AM

"Internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition"?

Um. Who's not getting along with The Civil Wars, I wonder..

falloutpanicboy 11/07/12 11:02 AM

Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of The Civil Wars. Barton Hollow was fantastic.

Chuck! 11/07/12 11:03 AM

Quote:

we will do our best to reimburse you for non-refundable charges

This is pretty amazing.

Dirge07 11/07/12 11:10 AM

Oh noooooooooooooooooooo's! >_<

srduncan 11/07/12 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combatchuckaa (Post 115142782)
"Internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition"?

Um. Who's not getting along with The Civil Wars, I wonder..

ya, that's a very interesting phrase...

Epilogueboy 11/07/12 11:18 AM

Sounds like they're facing a possible internal civil war..

WeltallAY 11/07/12 11:21 AM

For both having significant others, those two always seem so close...

bobsheiskawy 11/07/12 11:22 AM

it's all about states' rights.

cholly 11/07/12 11:28 AM

It almost sounds like they're breaking up... then they mention new music... I don't know what to think.

spezialk 11/07/12 11:39 AM

Wait.. weren't they gearing up to work on a new album too? Damnit :(

Ferrari333SP 11/07/12 11:47 AM

I know Joy had a baby, so that's probably the main reason behind their touring differences. John probably wants to keep going, while Joy probably wanted to scale things way back. The fact that both names are listed though and they mention new music in 2013, I'm not too worried. They're just done touring for the debut album.

Chuck! 11/07/12 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epilogueboy (Post 115143782)
Sounds like they're facing a possible internal civil war..


WhoSaidThat? 11/07/12 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cholly (Post 115144232)
It almost sounds like they're breaking up... then they mention new music... I don't know what to think.

That's what I read at first.

billcom6 11/07/12 12:08 PM

I sort of wish Joy Williams would go back to being a solo artist.

sjb2k1 11/07/12 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck! (Post 115143062)
This is pretty amazing.

i know right, pretty cool of them to even offer that

jimmyeatsboys 11/07/12 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 115144062)
it's all about states' rights.

thanks, we're done here

mattplayscheap 11/07/12 12:54 PM

Joy is what makes this group but yo these two are too close sometimes.

brent_ster 11/07/12 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spezialk (Post 115144712)
Wait.. weren't they gearing up to work on a new album too? Damnit :(

"We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013."

Mentioned right in the statement that they are working on new music.

spezialk 11/07/12 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent_ster (Post 115149712)
"We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013."

Mentioned right in the statement that they are working on new music.

Ah my selective attention read about the hiatus, made me a sad panda and blocked out everything else in the post haha

Jamos4184 11/07/12 01:37 PM

So many people taking this to mean that they're breaking up, I disagree. I think if they were breaking up they would have been more straightforward and said so.

Kyle Huntington 11/07/12 02:03 PM

Weird, friend of mine is watching them right now in London.

bananabread 11/07/12 02:26 PM

maybe discord between them and management?

mitchellyoung 11/07/12 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananabread (Post 115154072)
maybe discord between them and management?

Doubt it - their manager is Joy's husband.

contra11mundum 11/07/12 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchellyoung (Post 115154902)
Doubt it - their manager is Joy's husband.

Exactly.

Kyle Huntington 11/07/12 04:33 PM

Friend said that tonight it was pretty obvious that there was no chemistry between them on stage tonight, no looking at each other or even talking between songs. The fella, who ever that is, is the one who's causing the rift/unhappy.

Corgkowznor 11/07/12 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Huntington (Post 115159342)
Friend said that tonight it was pretty obvious that there was no chemistry between them on stage tonight, no looking at each other or even talking between songs. The fella, who ever that is, is the one who's causing the rift/unhappy.

If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.

gameguru990 11/07/12 06:35 PM

lol submitted by a lot of users

TheDemosRock 11/07/12 08:36 PM

As long as they're not breaking up, I guess this is okay.
Ridiculously rad of them to offer to reimburse people... I'd be really interested to see if that pans out successfully (and how many people try to get money back).

TheDemosRock 11/07/12 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 115144002)
For both having significant others, those two always seem so close...

I've never had a conversation about the band without this coming up :-d
It really is crazy how they met and have managed to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cholly (Post 115144232)
It almost sounds like they're breaking up... then they mention new music... I don't know what to think.

Well.. the *hope* for new music could be just as faint as the hope for reconciliation :\

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananabread (Post 115154072)
maybe discord between them and management?

I think someone alreayd mentioned that their manager is Joy's husband, but regardless, it definitely sounds like "internal" is in reference to the two fo them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgkowznor (Post 115162512)
If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.

This is my best guess too. "Issues of ambition" can only mean so many things.

Live2Play 11/08/12 01:34 AM

I know I'll probably get crap for saying this, but why start a family right when you're starting a successful music career? Touring is the biggest part of this career you've chosen and now you can't be away from a new child (if that's the case?). If they do break up, I really feel let down as a fan. Seems like groups never last very long anymore because they aren't in it for the long haul. We may only get one album from them. Dissapointing.

Epilogueboy 11/08/12 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck! (Post 115145162)

hahaha

Rock 11/09/12 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgkowznor (Post 115162512)
If I had to render a guess, and its a total guess, is that maybe John Paul wants to continue touring a ton and recording new music, basically striking while the iron is hot because they're pretty popular these days. Joy just had a kid and maybe she wants to take time off/slow down with touring.

You have more personal knowledge of the band than I do, but after reading into that statement, I came to the same conclusion. One of the two doesn't want to go on lengthy tours and have that lifestyle while the other does. I think they both want to continue making music - they just may not tour much.

Nate Bennett 11/09/12 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live2Play (Post 115179672)
I know I'll probably get crap for saying this, but why start a family right when you're starting a successful music career? Touring is the biggest part of this career you've chosen and now you can't be away from a new child (if that's the case?). If they do break up, I really feel let down as a fan. Seems like groups never last very long anymore because they aren't in it for the long haul. We may only get one album from them. Dissapointing.


That's a pretty selfish mindset for the fans to have, though. Even though music is her career, it's not 100% of her life. If her and her husband wanted to start a family, good for them. Hopefully the music continues to work around that, but I don't think we can blame anybody for wanting to have a kid...

Live2Play 11/09/12 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Bennett (Post 115241622)
That's a pretty selfish mindset for the fans to have, though. Even though music is her career, it's not 100% of her life. If her and her husband wanted to start a family, good for them. Hopefully the music continues to work around that, but I don't think we can blame anybody for wanting to have a kid...



I'm not gonna disagree with what you're saying, but I know that Joy was a struggling artist not making it until they got together to form this duo. I also believe that her husband is their manager. John Paul White has a family and kids and he seems to find a way to make it work? Just seems strange that they would finally find success and then plan to have kids now. I wonder if it really was "planned"? It just looks like Joy and her husband couldn't have had worse timing. Almost like they sabotaged their own success. Yeah, I'm being a little selfish, but it's so frustrating when so many bands/artists you discover and enjoy are gone right away. There are so many bands over the years that I think could have been huge that only put out one album because of some turmoil that caused them to break up right away. A band is like a marriage, but they never want compromise or work things out and throw in the towel so quickly. I know there is more to life than a career, but maybe in my little mind, I want to think they consider their fans who support them before giving up so easily. I dont' know?

thechetearly 11/10/12 07:41 AM

John Paul finally tried to put the moves on Joy and totally failed.