AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Senses Fail Finish Writing New Album (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945092)

signal to noise 11/07/12 03:03 PM

i was under the impression that they were taking some time off after that best of/new EP, but I guess it was taking time off to write, which is great. like many, I thought the material on the last EP was pretty top notch stuff, some of the best they've done, so I'm excited for a new record.

Supernovacaine 11/07/12 03:07 PM

awesome, glad to get at least one more album from these guys

absolutebutthol 11/07/12 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickandsilver (Post 115148032)
THey definitely are if they're going out to LA record. McTernan's studio is in Baltimore.

Ya I knew that, thats what got me questioning it. I keep thinking they mentioned he was going to record this album with him, but maybe I am just dreaming that up. I would love to see them go with someone drastically different.

absolutebutthol 11/07/12 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario57 (Post 115155472)
yep, Mcternan's production is hit or miss

I agree. I loved it on Still Searching, and haven't liked it since with them. I also did not dig it with the Set Your Goals album. I would just really like to see Senses Fail try something different. I love the band. I just think with someone new it could be great for them. We'll see.

ghelms88 11/07/12 03:30 PM

Last album was a huge step up and the couple of songs on the Greatest Hits album has me pumped for this.

Capulet 11/07/12 04:09 PM

the four new songs are their best to date

quickandsilver 11/07/12 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutebutthol (Post 115156932)
I agree. I loved it on Still Searching, and haven't liked it since with them. I also did not dig it with the Set Your Goals album. I would just really like to see Senses Fail try something different. I love the band. I just think with someone new it could be great for them. We'll see.

good production yeah, but he didnt mix neither of them.

upthepunx 11/07/12 05:48 PM

i love you senses fail

Bryan GribbIe 11/07/12 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyferris (Post 115148022)
Sweet can't wait. Also can't wait for different production. I didn't the like the sound of the Fire either.

Not that I'm a huge fan of McTernan's production on the Senses Fail albums, but people seem pretty negative about him. Why's that?

.dot 11/07/12 05:59 PM

Can't wait to hear this. The new songs on Follow Your Bliss were great and I loved Life is Not a Waiting Room and The Fire. Kind of annoying how a lot of fans only like their first two albums. At warped they only played old stuff, besides War Paint.

johnnyferris 11/07/12 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan GribbIe (Post 115162662)
Not that I'm a huge fan of McTernan's production on the Senses Fail albums, but people seem pretty negative about him. Why's that?

I don't know really. It's a weird thing for me personally because I love the production on Still Searching and LINAWR, but not the Fire. For the Fire, I think it was the guitars more than anything that I didn't like.

Bryan GribbIe 11/07/12 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyferris (Post 115165232)
I don't know really. It's a weird thing for me personally because I love the production on Still Searching and LINAWR, but not the Fire. For the Fire, I think it was the guitars more than anything that I didn't like.

I thought they sounded just like they did on Still Searching and LINAWR, and I like all three albums about equally. Regardless, I think McTernan always makes the drums sound glorious and the guitars are a mixed bag.

Avalanche1 11/07/12 07:11 PM

Hell yeah. So excited.

rocknroll365 11/07/12 07:51 PM

such a quality band. just popped in linawr on the way home today. haven't jammed that album in quite some time. can't say i've ever been remotely disappointed by any of their releases. stoked to see where buddy takes us with this album after the ep had such a positive outlook compared to the previous releases.

Miketheunicycle 11/07/12 08:54 PM

fuck yeah