AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Green Day Premieres Music Video for "Stray Heart" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945252)

Thomas Nassiff 11/07/12 12:40 PM

Green Day Premieres Music Video for "Stray Heart"
 
Green Day is premiering its new music video for "Stray Heart" over at NME.com. Check it out and leave your thoughts in the replies.

theHECKLER 11/07/12 12:41 PM

Ewwwie

TomAce 11/07/12 12:51 PM

everyone can hate dos! as much they want. this song is still great.

buddah knome 11/07/12 12:54 PM

Cool video. Good way to promote their discography on vinyl haha

firewater 11/07/12 01:02 PM

Good video

djrossstar2009 11/07/12 01:08 PM

Best GD video in years. Stray Heart is one of my top three on DOS! (Wild One, Wow That's Loud!)

cowlord 11/07/12 01:30 PM

Definitely one of the best if not the best from the first two albums.

reid 11/07/12 01:38 PM

solid song. i'd be totally fine if they did a whole record in that style. not really punk rock at all, but it's legit.

tdlyon 11/07/12 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reid (Post 115154752)
solid song. i'd be totally fine if they did a whole record in that style. not really punk rock at all, but it's legit.

You should listen to their side project Foxboro Hot Tubs. A LOT of their songs sound like this.

Anyways, this song and video are both great. Definitely better than the shitty Oh Love video, though I did like the Kill the DJ one. Also, Dos is fantastic.

Searos 11/07/12 02:04 PM

Dos has 2 songs I like but after that the bulk if it is much better than UNO. UNO was classic green day but it felt like the same old stuff and nothing new. Dos sounds fresh and sounds like the logical follow up to 21CB. That being said "Nightlife" is one of the worst songs I have listen to this year.

_><_ 11/07/12 02:14 PM

Fuck off NME, not everybody is American.

Thomas Nassiff 11/07/12 02:41 PM

I don't get this really. I think this song is terrible. I think it's by far the worst Green Day album.

Searos 11/07/12 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 115157432)
I don't get this really. I think this song is terrible. I think it's by far the worst Green Day album.

fair enough. It honestly sounds like it should've been the follow up to their side project, foxburo hot tubs. While I like a lot of the songs, and hate a few I think this album is to a degree more in the vein of the direction the band was originally headed (more focus on rock than punk). I don't find it great but I like a lot of songs personally but I don't really think it sounds like a green day album. I think this whole Trilogy is gonna muck up to 3 albums that don't have any of Green Day's best songs but worth a few listens from time to time for something other than their old stuff.

tdlyon 11/07/12 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 115157432)
I don't get this really. I think this song is terrible. I think it's by far the worst Green Day album.

I really hope you're not writing the review for this album.

billiejoeman12 11/07/12 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115152892)
Best GD video in years. Stray Heart is one of my top three on DOS! (Wild One, Wow That's Loud!)

Surprise Surprise! Dj Rosstarr gives his two cents on Green Day

Robb 11/07/12 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115151902)
everyone can hate dos! as much they want. this song is still great.

Definitely agreed. I loved Stop When the Red Lights and this, and Lazy Bones was a solid third. Everything else was forgettable or simply awful.

This song reminds me a lot of Blood Sex and Booze, though. Which isn't a bad thing.

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 115155872)
Dos has 2 songs I like but after that the bulk if it is much better than UNO. UNO was classic green day but it felt like the same old stuff and nothing new. Dos sounds fresh and sounds like the logical follow up to 21CB. That being said "Nightlife" is one of the worst songs I have listen to this year.

Agreed, Nightlife is brutal. It completely throws off the album. I'm trying to figure out why they included it.

Robb 11/07/12 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeAvalanch (Post 115159492)
Agreed, Nightlife is brutal. It completely throws off the album. I'm trying to figure out why they included it.

They saw what a polarizing song Kill the DJ is (I am on the "Pro" side), and thought, "How can we make this worse and more boring?"

Robb 11/07/12 03:38 PM

Also, I just actually watched the video. Not bad, better than most of their recent videos. And while I know a video is essentially an ad for the song / album, showing the album covers in the video struck me as really awkward and off-putting.

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 115159562)
They saw what a polarizing song Kill the DJ is (I am on the "Pro" side), and thought, "How can we make this worse and more boring?"

Haha I actually learned to like "Kill the DJ". Seriously though, outside of intentional sabotage, it doesn't belong there.

Robb 11/07/12 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeAvalanch (Post 115159682)
Haha I actually learned to like "Kill the DJ". Seriously though, outside of intentional sabotage, it doesn't belong there.

What was worse, wasn't this the second song leaked off !Dos!? We got the awesome Stray Heart, they got some momentum with me, thinking this could be a comeback from !Uno!, then BAM - here's the next upcoming song!

ExtremeAvalanch 11/07/12 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 115159882)
What was worse, wasn't this the second song leaked off !Dos!? We got the awesome Stray Heart, they got some momentum with me, thinking this could be a comeback from !Uno!, then BAM - here's the next upcoming song!

Yeah, it was definitely the second or third leaked. Every other song, including the intro, off of "Dos" is better than Nightlife. So their marketing logic is befuddling. Maybe releasing a cruddy single is the new punk, who knows?

harley7733 11/07/12 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 115157432)
I don't get this really. I think this song is terrible. I think it's by far the worst Green Day album.

What's not to like about this song? The bass line kicks, it's got a 50's throwback vibe, Billie's voice sounds good, and it's fun enough to move to. I literally cannot understand what you could hate so much about it.

dvdrbn 11/07/12 05:17 PM

I thought he was going to sing I'm Walking on Sunshine.

TomAce 11/07/12 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb (Post 115159392)
Definitely agreed. I loved Stop When the Red Lights and this, and Lazy Bones was a solid third. Everything else was forgettable or simply awful.

This song reminds me a lot of Blood Sex and Booze, though. Which isn't a bad thing.

totally sounds like Blood Sex and Booze, good catch. more anthemic tho.

i also really like Amy until his voice turns to shit. well written song regardless.

Matt Chylak 11/07/12 07:57 PM

thought the song was fun :shrug:

video was pretty great too. loved the person throwing the trash through his chest, someone got a gif of that?

inreverie 11/07/12 09:56 PM

One, Dos, Tres
 
Here's my theory. When most bands record an album they record a bunch of songs. Then they select the best ones and refine them. Green Day said screw it. Let's release em all. Is that cool? I think so because you get some songs that you might like that would have been cut. On they other hand, you get some not so great songs. There's probably a great 12 song album between all three albums, but you gotta find it yourself.

Thomas Nassiff 11/07/12 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inreverie (Post 115176322)
Here's my theory. When most bands record an album they record a bunch of songs. Then they select the best ones and refine them. Green Day said screw it. Let's release em all. Is that cool? I think so because you get some songs that you might like that would have been cut. On they other hand, you get some not so great songs. There's probably a great 12 song album between all three albums, but you gotta find it yourself.

So far they've written like six good songs and six songs good enough to be filler.

duritzfan13 11/08/12 06:34 AM

How does he get singles back when he buys like 6 records? ;-)

hectorial85 11/08/12 08:11 AM

Cannot be viewed in Denmark.

Lame.

simplejack 11/08/12 09:23 AM

Although song's enjoyable, it sounds like a rip-off of Mother Mary or something off Stop Drop and Roll! Probably the last good album Green Day has done.

And I agree with Thomas, this is probably their worst album yet.

Wayne Warren 11/08/12 10:47 AM

In other News: Green Day unveil their new '3 Parter' by the Titles of "Mid" "Life" & "Crisis".

In all serious though, i'm not feeling any of their new stuff... And it's not right.

Then again, I loved everything up until this Trilogy...

It's a long shot from Dookie though, very 'Radio Friendly' material here

tefarez 11/10/12 06:27 PM

i loved it!