AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  From Indian Lakes Album Stream (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945432)

Jack Appleby 11/07/12 02:46 PM

From Indian Lakes Album Stream
 
Stream From Indian Lakes new album Able Bodies in its entirety on their official website. Don't miss this release.

Jack Appleby 11/07/12 02:47 PM

Incredible album. AOTY contender.

underdawg1119 11/07/12 02:48 PM

This will probably end up being my AOTY. So glad I got the deluxe vinyl package. Take all of my money.

Vocals on Your Son are killing me. So fucking good.

Edit: Just got to the last song, oh my god.

jhotmann21 11/07/12 02:53 PM

Such a great band. New album is fantastic, can't wait to hear it on vinyl!

edwardyyy 11/07/12 03:00 PM

This album is just to damn good.

Allstarme23 11/07/12 03:01 PM

This is my band of the year they are amazing live.

seanthethief 11/07/12 03:31 PM

I know this isn't twitter, but @drywowens did a bang up job. Love this record.

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdawg1119 (Post 115157742)
Edit: Just got to the last song, oh my god.


I KNOW RIGHT, SO HEAVY

phaynes1 11/07/12 03:32 PM

Hope this lives up to the insane hype. The couple of songs I've heard were great.

jonwangcb 11/07/12 03:56 PM

From Indian Lakes sounds really similar to The King and The Thief. Does anyone know if they're still making music?

a speedo model 11/07/12 04:25 PM

This will end up as my AOTY. Such an amazing band.

Archael 11/07/12 04:33 PM

gonna fucking rule I know it

MikeCaswell 11/07/12 04:55 PM

such an amazing album and band.

gr33ndayfr3ak 11/07/12 04:59 PM

Incredible.

Tele72 11/07/12 05:04 PM

Easily AOTY. the pre-order can't come in soon enough!

dohare 11/07/12 05:41 PM

absolute gold. let me just say, beyond the amazing piece of music they've created, the recording is perfect sonically. guitar tones are legit, drums don't sound overproduced or underproduced. love it.

joeycYDG 11/07/12 05:46 PM

I've gotten halfway through this and I'm blown away already.

theintention 11/07/12 05:56 PM

Not on a computer, but curious to listen to later from these comments. RIYL?

bobsheiskawy 11/07/12 06:04 PM

about seven songs deep. it's good, but i'm not overwhelmingly drawn to it yet. will listen to the rest and give it another shot later on.

joeycYDG 11/07/12 06:18 PM

Last song is incredible.

TwelveTribes230 11/07/12 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthethief (Post 115159242)
I know this isn't twitter, but @drywowens did a bang up job. Love this record.

edit:



I KNOW RIGHT, SO HEAVY

Bit off topic, but when are we getting some new consider the thief music! Thought you guys were back, but haven't heard anything...

TwelveTribes230 11/07/12 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theintention (Post 115165362)
Not on a computer, but curious to listen to later from these comments. RIYL?

As cities burn, My Epic, Abel, Ocean is Theory, So Long Forgotten, Sons

leftapart 11/07/12 07:01 PM

Loving this so far.

Dirge07 11/07/12 07:02 PM

Wow. Easily one of my new favorite albums. I'm gonna wear this out like a Saturday night hooker.

Portugal4142 11/07/12 07:51 PM

I must be incredibly late here... where the fuck did this band come from? And is this available for purchase yet?

underdawg1119 11/07/12 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugal4142 (Post 115170852)
I must be incredibly late here... where the fuck did this band come from? And is this available for purchase yet?

You can preorder it here:
http://81twentythree.com/collections/indian-lakes

Comes out the 13th.

Portugal4142 11/07/12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdawg1119 (Post 115170982)
You can preorder it here:
http://81twentythree.com/collections/indian-lakes

Comes out the 13th.

Thanks!

hurricaneoflion 11/07/12 08:35 PM

just listed all the way through while I was editing photos...absolutely incredible display of musicianship here...highly anticipating the release of this album.

InfiniteArms 11/07/12 09:24 PM

Wow. Just...wow.

phillipjacob 11/07/12 09:38 PM

Ahhhhhh......I'm loving it so far.

Would love a tour with All Get Out and Manchester Orchestra.

henry chinaski 11/07/12 11:26 PM

Ruuuuuuuuuuules

sfpunk 11/08/12 07:31 AM

For once the AP community is going crazy over a band that I completely understand the hype about. Fantastic album. Very few bands on the first listen have that sound that lets me know they will instantly be a favorite but this band sure has. My favorite album of all time is Juturna and not since then have I had such a pleasing and refreshing first listen.

JPA917 11/08/12 09:01 AM

Something about listening to this band makes me feel more alive. This album is simply amazing.

fcbucks1 11/08/12 10:07 AM

It's good and I will definitely get it, but I wish I liked it as much as everyone else in here. I'm happy that the band is getting such an incredible reaction to the album here, but I'm not hearing what everyone else is.

grimis16 11/08/12 10:12 AM

damn, I'm really liking this. New few here. They did a split with somebody recently right?

underdawg1119 11/08/12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPA917 (Post 115186532)
Something about listening to this band makes me feel more alive. This album is simply amazing.

Yesss.

bdyckman12 11/08/12 10:44 AM

great fucking album.

grimis16 11/08/12 12:52 PM

last two songs are my favorite. They remind me a lot of As Cities Burn

seanthethief 11/08/12 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwelveTribes230 (Post 115166832)
Bit off topic, but when are we getting some new consider the thief music! Thought you guys were back, but haven't heard anything...

check out joey's twitter, he's writing and playing drums on our new stuff. we're writing together today :)

Your Milkshake 11/08/12 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfpunk (Post 115184052)
For once the AP community is going crazy over a band that I completely understand the hype about. Fantastic album. Very few bands on the first listen have that sound that lets me know they will instantly be a favorite but this band sure has. My favorite album of all time is Juturna and not since then have I had such a pleasing and refreshing first listen.

Holy shit gotta check this!

Your Milkshake 11/08/12 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthethief (Post 115201912)
check out joey's twitter, he's writing and playing drums on our new stuff. we're writing together today :)

stoked

cut!print 11/10/12 04:05 PM

I bought a bundle and haven't listened to the stream yet, I think I'm going to wait. Just because I want my purchase to be that much more epic, and judging by the response I've heard/seen I think I made the right choice.

This is the kind of music I've been waiting for all my life, I swear.

Sheluligans 11/10/12 11:00 PM

This and the new Deftones' album have made my life so much better.

oxeneers 11/11/12 01:57 PM

This is the best sounding album, production wise, so far this year. On top of that, it's the best collection of songs so far as well.

Can't believe it's that good in all aspects. So good.

oxeneers 11/11/12 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cut!print (Post 115267362)
This is the kind of music I've been waiting for all my life, I swear.


My thoughts exactly.

SomedayTheFire 11/12/12 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwangcb (Post 115160292)
From Indian Lakes sounds really similar to The King and The Thief. Does anyone know if they're still making music?

Incredibly late, but no they broke up I believe. Dan releases music on his own as danmarisca

underdawg1119 11/12/12 10:28 PM

Just got the digital download of the album in my email. Physicals are apparently delayed because of Sandy. Still so so good.

jonwangcb 11/14/12 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire (Post 115331622)
Incredibly late, but no they broke up I believe. Dan releases music on his own as danmarisca

Thanks, man. Sad they broke up...they made good music.

onlyoneword 12/02/12 10:31 AM

Been jamming this all week, Your Son is a SOTY contender.