AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Issues EP Stream (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945512)

blackmold 11/07/12 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepster50 (Post 115168762)
i was really enjoying it until the last 2 songs.. they were boring.

overall I'm very picky when it comes to this generic metalcore shit, but atleast this band has an authentic sound. I like it.


What does this even mean?

saywhatever 11/07/12 07:46 PM

It's upsetting to me that bands like this exist, and kids eat this shit up. Tyler Carter is a waste of a semi-decent voice.

blackmold 11/07/12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywhatever (Post 115170632)
It's upsetting to me that bands like this exist, and kids eat this shit up. Tyler Carter is a waste of a semi-decent voice.


If it really upsets you that bands like this exist (what does this even mean?), then you need to chill out. Because that's just sad.

knoxvillee 11/07/12 08:27 PM

Like some people already said, the intro is fucking horrible. The rest is quite good. Two or three really good ones rest is meh.

BringdowN 11/07/12 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywhatever (Post 115170632)
It's upsetting to me that bands like this exist, and kids eat this shit up. Tyler Carter is a waste of a semi-decent voice.

Music is all about opinion, you can never truly say something is bad, you just don't enjoy it the way someone else might. By all means keep posting about things you don't like, I heard it gets you far.

InfiniteArms 11/07/12 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 115161052)


This song is listenable, but the EP as a whole is kind of terrible

WeltallAY 11/07/12 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115163732)
Korn, LP, Bizkit, Deftones (White Pony days), Adema, POD are all nu-metal bands. Any band that has a little rapping, some screaming/yelling, a few samples or turntables and just a basic power chord guitar riff are considered nu-metal.


Adema's self titled is to this day one of my all time favorites. Still has a very unique sound. I started a nü-metal thread awhile back. Other great ones; Sw1tched, Ill Nińo, and 40 below summer.

Paris1nFlames 11/07/12 10:29 PM

Alright just finished listening... First off, I wanna start off by saying that I don't even listen to this type of music anymore. I've been a fan of screamo on and off since I got into the (let's call it) "scene" 13 years ago... screamo hasn't been an interest of mine for quite a few years now. I checked out Issues initially because of all the drama surrounding them... I can completely understand all the people who are still into this kind of music saying stuff like it doesn't live up to the hype or that it's wasted talent (love, sex, riot does sound like a nu metal song)... but to a (at this point) outsider to the genre, I thoroughly enjoy this EP. It mixes different influences (good enough) that it actually keeps me entertained in a genre that I normally think is currently stale.

theintention 11/07/12 10:34 PM

Why did a dubstep song need to be on this EP? Terrible one at that.

StepsInADance 11/07/12 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringdowN (Post 115172122)
Music is all about opinion, you can never truly say something is bad, you just don't enjoy it the way someone else might. By all means keep posting about things you don't like, I heard it gets you far.


I can truly say this is bad. I can truly say if you like this you have bad taste.

xsinkshipsx 11/07/12 11:05 PM

holy fucking shit. That was some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard.

kbomb001 11/07/12 11:30 PM

I fucks wit Princeton Ave

furthermore, Chronic Future and Zebrahead were the best Nu Metal Bands to Grace the Genre

Helen Keller. 11/08/12 12:08 AM

Both Woe and Issues suck. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Issues, but I'd ask for a knife so I could stab myself in the ears shortly afterwards.

FallOutWeeze 11/08/12 12:14 AM

Lyrics aside, new Woe, Is Me songs are way more catchier and flows better in-between the singing/screaming.

GetUpAndrew 11/08/12 12:49 AM

I'm disappointed. King Of Amarillo is probably the best song on the EP, the other tunes are enjoyable but a bit boring. The intro is terrible.

JuneJuly 11/08/12 12:52 AM

The song without Michael is my favorite. He's lost something since they recorded Number[s].

Djentleman 11/08/12 02:13 AM

Deftones = alternative metal :rolleyes:

guess these clowns couldn't live up to all that hype
good thing they're out of W,IM so W,IM can continue to be stronger & better

prettyoungraves 11/08/12 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115164212)


This is nu-metal.

i remember reading an interview where Chino stated that BACK TO SCHOOL (MINI MAGGIT) was not initially on the album and that to cater to the recent explosion of nu-metal popularity,their label had them go back into the studio and add this song to White Pony,according to the current nu-metal style. They were largely against it,but folded regardless. Although i still to this day love this song,it is not representative of their style at all. i would look up the interview,but im too lazy right now lol

blackmold 11/08/12 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris1nFlames (Post 115177802)
Alright just finished listening... First off, I wanna start off by saying that I don't even listen to this type of music anymore. I've been a fan of screamo on and off since I got into the (let's call it) "scene" 13 years ago... screamo hasn't been an interest of mine for quite a few years now. I checked out Issues initially because of all the drama surrounding them... I can completely understand all the people who are still into this kind of music saying stuff like it doesn't live up to the hype or that it's wasted talent (love, sex, riot does sound like a nu metal song)... but to a (at this point) outsider to the genre, I thoroughly enjoy this EP. It mixes different influences (good enough) that it actually keeps me entertained in a genre that I normally think is currently stale.


Your opinion is invalid since you refer to this type of music as screamo.

Paris1nFlames 11/08/12 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILL YOURSELF (Post 115181162)
Your opinion is invalid since you refer to this type of music as screamo.


I know exactly what screamo was originally, and that this type of music has falsely took over the name due to ignorance... I was simply referring to it that way because that's how the kids on this site talk... shut the fuck up and don't critrque me on what lamens terms I decide on using

ScorchOurBodies 11/08/12 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris1nFlames (Post 115181452)
I know exactly what screamo was originally, and that this type of music has falsely took over the name due to ignorance... I was simply referring to it that way because that's how the kids on this site talk... shut the fuck up and don't critrque me on what lamens terms I decide on using

Although I see where you're coming from, nobody really says screamo anymore. :\

donwagenblast 11/08/12 08:10 AM

I feel like they're really trying to fuel this beef between Woe, Is Me and Issues for publicity.

EndlessPrisoner 11/08/12 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScorchOurBodies (Post 115184232)
Although I see where you're coming from, nobody really says screamo anymore. :\


Yes they do, being that Screamo is an actual genre of music.

Paris1nFlames 11/08/12 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScorchOurBodies (Post 115184232)
Although I see where you're coming from, nobody really says screamo anymore. :\


Yeah I guess not, but I really don't care enough about this genre to take the time to figure out what to correctly call it... I only get picky about labels when it comes to music I care more about.

JPA917 11/08/12 08:22 AM

While I didn't expect a whole, whole lot from this EP, but the lyrics are absolutely cringe-worthy. Also, I could just see them in the studio thinking they were redefining music while all listening to that whack ass intro.

PetitnaindesĪles 11/08/12 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 115177002)
Adema's self titled is to this day one of my all time favorites. Still has a very unique sound. I started a nü-metal thread awhile back. Other great ones; Sw1tched, Ill Nińo, and 40 below summer.

damn i think i had one of their songs on a 2003 sampler (i think it was called "self medicate" or something, i still have the chorus stuck in my head), were their full lenghts decent for the genre ?

WeltallAY 11/08/12 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario57 (Post 115185772)
damn i think i had one of their songs on a 2003 sampler (i think it was called "self medicate" or something, i still have the chorus stuck in my head), were their full lenghts decent for the genre ?


Definitely, Invitation To the dance (their best) was my favorite CD for years. I still find it unique and it's worth seeking out. Now it can seem immature (nü-metal often was) but listen to the songs Step into the sideshow, rope, and still life.

Acad08 11/08/12 10:00 AM

Not too keen on the album as a whole, but my favorite part is the quarter note triplet tempo modulation in Princeton Ave! LEGIT!

DiscosBack 11/08/12 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theintention (Post 115177982)
Why did a dubstep song need to be on this EP? Terrible one at that.

It's trap.

DiscosBack 11/08/12 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario57 (Post 115185772)
damn i think i had one of their songs on a 2003 sampler (i think it was called "self medicate" or something, i still have the chorus stuck in my head), were their full lenghts decent for the genre ?


Archael 11/08/12 11:40 AM

terrible terrible terrible

theintention 11/08/12 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscosBack (Post 115191152)
It's trap.


Who fucking cares? It's awful, doesn't match the music, and is tacky. And I am a fan of EDM.

TerrancePryor 11/08/12 01:03 PM

What the hell is up with those lyrics?

blackmold 11/08/12 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris1nFlames (Post 115181452)
I know exactly what screamo was originally, and that this type of music has falsely took over the name due to ignorance... I was simply referring to it that way because that's how the kids on this site talk... shut the fuck up and don't critrque me on what lamens terms I decide on using


Chill out bro.

DiscosBack 11/08/12 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theintention (Post 115195482)
Who fucking cares? It's awful, doesn't match the music, and is tacky. And I am a fan of EDM.

You must be mad they ran the trap.

pepster50 11/09/12 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILL YOURSELF (Post 115170382)
What does this even mean?

it means they don't sound like every single other chugga chugga generic breakdown band. Atleast they bring something new to the table. Now does it work? Thats a listeners opinion but I actually enjoyed it. Is it amazing? Definately not, but those first 3 songs are really catchy and surprisingly I can stomach through the cheesy chug chug parts. Which I can't say about 85% of the rest of the genre, so these guys must be doing something right.

jenovaproject 11/09/12 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario57 (Post 115185772)
damn i think i had one of their songs on a 2003 sampler (i think it was called "self medicate" or something, i still have the chorus stuck in my head), were their full lenghts decent for the genre ?

Adema's self-titled is surprisingly good still.....

PetitnaindesĪles 11/09/12 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 115187962)
Definitely, Invitation To the dance (their best) was my favorite CD for years. I still find it unique and it's worth seeking out. Now it can seem immature (nü-metal often was) but listen to the songs Step into the sideshow, rope, and still life.

thanks, i don't know if it's because of my age (i was veeeeeeeeeery young when i got into music by listening to nu metal bands) but i still have a soft spot for some nu metal bands like Sevendust, Lostprophets first album, and a lot of french ones. i'll check them out later

PetitnaindesĪles 11/09/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscosBack (Post 115191982)

hmm it sounds solid, it kinda sounds similar to Eighteen Visions and Unwritten Law's old stuff