AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Issues EP Stream (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945512)

Jack Appleby 11/07/12 04:18 PM

Issues EP Stream
 
Stream Issues' EP Black Diamonds in its entirety on YouTube. Thoughts?

Jack Appleby 11/07/12 04:20 PM

Should have this reviewed by release date next week, along with Woe (if Rise ever sends it to me...)

Also, this song is a jam.


StepsInADance 11/07/12 04:25 PM

I heard the first two songs. Absolutely terrible, the worst thing I've heard all year. Why did I even decide to listen to this?

specialeds281 11/07/12 04:28 PM

better then i thought itd be.

Djentleman 11/07/12 04:38 PM

awful. stay in school kids

RyanWilliam 11/07/12 04:46 PM

Can we just go back to the good ol' days and stop posting Rise news

Capulet 11/07/12 04:48 PM

meh. tyler sounds good. bohn should be in a real band. new woe is me cd is going to be alot better

Beej 347 11/07/12 04:49 PM

Def better than I expected. Tyler owns it as always.

Capulet 11/07/12 04:53 PM

that intro kills the whole release. i thought these band member were past this shit

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 04:58 PM

Why won't nu metal die?

Scrawns 11/07/12 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanWilliam (Post 115162172)
Can we just go back to the good ol' days and stop posting Rise news


Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanWilliam (Post 115162172)
the good ol' days


join date 8/11/12.

irthesteve 11/07/12 04:59 PM

I have no idea what this band is

Steve Alcala 11/07/12 04:59 PM

Awful.

_><_ 11/07/12 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xburningcoffin (Post 115162682)
Why won't nu metal die?

Nu-metal is better than this.


This had potential but unfortunately as you can hear turned out to be a huge snoozefest. Honestly, this EP has some of the dullest and most boring moments i've heard in metalcore this year.


The new WIM tracks are better, at least they are overproduced to hell and back and that sort of manages to keep the songs kind of exciting.

werealldudes19 11/07/12 05:04 PM

well, I loved king of amarillo and princeton ave, but that intro is fucking terrible.

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _><_ (Post 115162892)
Nu-metal is better than this.


This had potential but unfortunately as you can hear turned out to be a huge snoozefest. Honestly, this EP has some of the dullest and most boring moments i've heard in metalcore this year.

I'm curious what is good nu metal? Limp Bizkit is the only thing that comes to mind and it doesnt go uphill at any point. Deftones are not in that genre BTW

werealldudes19 11/07/12 05:09 PM

welp, this ep sucks.

dohare 11/07/12 05:10 PM

can't believe i paused from indian lakes new stream to take a listen.

gonna go press my hand in a george forman grill for doing such a foolish thing.

leftapart 11/07/12 05:11 PM

my thoughts are this is not worth listening to.

CastlesXClouds 11/07/12 05:23 PM

I really liked that breakdown.

Djentleman 11/07/12 05:23 PM

bet all the idiots that posted "issues are better" comments on Woe, Is Me's facebook feel so stupid now & are hopefully crying :-d

TheRealJohnOC 11/07/12 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xburningcoffin (Post 115163052)
I'm curious what is good nu metal? Limp Bizkit is the only thing that comes to mind and it doesnt go uphill at any point. Deftones are not in that genre BTW

Korn, LP, Bizkit, Deftones (White Pony days), Adema, POD are all nu-metal bands. Any band that has a little rapping, some screaming/yelling, a few samples or turntables and just a basic power chord guitar riff are considered nu-metal.

i_was_a_lid 11/07/12 05:27 PM

Three songs are listenable and three songs are absolute garbage.

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115163732)
Korn, LP, Bizkit, Deftones (White Pony days), Adema, POD are all nu-metal bands. Any band that has a little rapping, some screaming/yelling, a few samples or turntables and just a basic power chord guitar riff are considered nu-metal.

Dude white pony is not nu metal...at. all.. Lumping Deftones with those bands is a DISGRACE...The rapping is characteristic of nu metal with the chuggy riffs, they have moments of that on around the fur at best; and Deftones made that record before nu metal was even rolling...

jenovaproject 11/07/12 05:33 PM

This is pretty exceptionally bad..... King of Amarillo was marginally hopeful, but they definitely outdid themselves on the other tracks...... -_-

TheRealJohnOC 11/07/12 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xburningcoffin (Post 115164182)
Dude white pony is not nu metal...at. all.. Lumping Deftones with those bands is a DISGRACE



This is nu-metal.

jenovaproject 11/07/12 05:35 PM

Korn and Deftones largely created and defined nu-metal, but they've hardly associated themselves with the genre since its inception...

George_mm 11/07/12 05:35 PM

What the fuck is that intro

blackmold 11/07/12 05:35 PM

I kinda hated it more than I thought I would. I like "King of Amarillo" but the rest of the tracks are just dull.

jenovaproject 11/07/12 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115164212)


This is nu-metal.

Nu metal, but hardly representative of the Deftones' discog.....

TheRealJohnOC 11/07/12 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenovaproject (Post 115164332)
Nu metal, but hardly representative of the Deftones' discog.....

Read my post. Deftones (White Pony days). Also Wikipedia classifies them as nu-metal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nu_metal_bands

Steve Alcala 11/07/12 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenovaproject (Post 115164332)
Nu metal, but hardly representative of the Deftones' discog.....

Yep. Also, your username makes me so nostalgic and happy.

jenovaproject 11/07/12 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djentleman (Post 115163712)
bet all the idiots that posted "issues are better" comments on Woe, Is Me's facebook feel so stupid now & are hopefully crying :-d

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:

PunkInfluence09 11/07/12 05:40 PM

So much potential.

So much WASTED potential.

What a snoozfest. Expected much more than this from Issues.

bobsheiskawy 11/07/12 05:42 PM

this isn't anything mindblowing, but it's entertaining. i wasn't expecting anything more than that description, so i'm okay with it.

and unless hance sings significantly more on the rest of the woe, is me album than he does in the songs already released, i think i will enjoy this more.

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115164212)


This is nu-metal.

Funny you pick an altered remix that wasnt even on the original white pony release, they added it later. If anyone categorized white pony by one song they would be sadly misrepresenting that album, not a single song on there sounds quite like this edit of pink maggit...even picking one or two songs to categorize deftones is a travesty

Taken from wikipedia, chino's thoughts on back to school:

The band also regrets specifically "Back to School's" presence on the re-release of the album, as Moreno stated in an interview with German rock magazine Visions: "'Back to School' was a mistake.

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115164442)
Read my post. Deftones (White Pony days). Also Wikipedia classifies them as nu-metal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nu_metal_bands

Wikipedia isn't all facts. Didn't know Incubus was nu metal...hahah

RabidNewz 11/07/12 05:54 PM

My God. That intro is so. . . awful. Why did anyone involved think that was a good idea?

johnnyferris 11/07/12 05:56 PM

The intro was terrible. Everything other than King of Amarillo was super boring. What gives? I actually expected more from this.

blackmold 11/07/12 06:05 PM

I really think they should've just released "king of amarillo" as a single then stayed in the studio a while longer working on their music before throwing together an album real quick to make the kids happy. This project should've been a lot better.

mbarney82 11/07/12 06:05 PM

what.the.fuck. seriously. i typically dont like hating on bands, especially on ap. but god damn. i couldnt even get through 1 minute of either of the first two tracks. i know some people like melody over lyrics, but they fall short on both.

TheRealJohnOC 11/07/12 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xburningcoffin (Post 115164922)
Wikipedia isn't all facts. Didn't know Incubus was nu metal...hahah

Incubus has a little nu-metal vibe to a few songs. Wouldn't call them a nu-metal band though lol.

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115166432)
Incubus has a little nu-metal vibe to a few songs. Wouldn't call them a nu-metal band though lol.

issues is nu metal, it is funny cuz nu metal was dead in the nineties and they r trying to revive something that should stay dead

TheRealJohnOC 11/07/12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xburningcoffin (Post 115166572)
issues is nu metal, it is funny cuz nu metal was dead in the nineties and they r trying to revive something that should stay dead

I only listened to that song on the first page. Is the rest of the album better or worse than that song?

blackmold 11/07/12 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 115161052)
Should have this reviewed by release date next week, along with Woe (if Rise ever sends it to me...)

Also, this song is a jam.



What song is this? It doesn't show up on mobile.

Edit: Nevermind. I see it. And I actually hated that song. Thought it was really boring. Maybe it could've been better if the background instrumentation wasn't all chugging.

xburningcoffin 11/07/12 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 115166712)
I only listened to that song on the first page. Is the rest of the album better or worse than that song?

Worse..seems like there are two vibes going on, both being really horrible...if you like bizkit, this might be for you hahah

signal to noise 11/07/12 07:10 PM

this music just screams "we made a slightly different version of whatever Rise put out last year in hopes that loose 16 yr old girls come to our shows."

also, to the dudes bitching for an entire 2 pages about who is or isnt nu metal, Deftones are nu metal, it doesn't mean they suck, but they are, now SHUT UP.

pepster50 11/07/12 07:11 PM

i was really enjoying it until the last 2 songs.. they were boring.

overall I'm very picky when it comes to this generic metalcore shit, but atleast this band has an authentic sound. I like it.

luqmanhakim 11/07/12 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkInfluence09 (Post 115164572)
So much potential.

So much WASTED potential.

What a snoozfest. Expected much more than this from Issues.


This. I'm really disappointed by this save for the two 'singles' they released.

BringdowN 11/07/12 07:37 PM

Eh I enjoyed it a lot actually, I thought they did a good job of fusing the heavy bridges and clean choruses with the R&B aspect but what do I know.. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate I guess.