AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Don't Kill Lady Gaga's Vibe (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2945822)

aquabayside 11/08/12 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115186182)
Darrick and Spo? haha. Lots of people have been listening to K for awhile, 3 years myself.

Exactly dre.
I guess only a very few people can be true fans. Ha

Chris Collum 11/08/12 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115186182)
Darrick and Spo? haha. Lots of people have been listening to K for awhile, 3 years myself.

I think you missed the point of my post. Were you there when all hell broke loose that one night in the GKMC thread? Sorry I can't remember. I wasn't referring to you as an idiot either if that wasn't clear.....

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 115186442)
I think you missed the point of my post. Were you there when all hell broke loose that one night in the GKMC thread? Sorry I can't remember. I wasn't referring to you as an idiot either if that wasn't clear.....

Ah, nope. But I definitely remember there not being as many responses to KL news as there are now. Makes sense though, he did sell 242K copies, haha.

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 115186442)

Mhmm, dipshit.
Just shut up

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabayside (Post 115186242)
Exactly dre.
I guess only a very few people can be true fans. Ha

Well, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about some people on this site in reference to hip hop - let me put it that way, haha.

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115186582)
Well, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about some people on this site in reference to hip hop - let me put it that way, haha.

Yeah..I wish some did

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabayside (Post 115186632)
Yeah..I wish some did

Haha, I meant some of the ones that probably got into it because they had a few Black friends or because it's "cool" or "different".

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115186702)
Haha, I meant some of the ones that probably got into it because they had a few Black friends or because it's "cool" or "different".

Oh I hear you there. "It's cool my best friend is black" haha
Any other great hip-hop recs this past year? I really dig kendrick n ab-soul's album a ton, oh and macklemore's latest caught me by surprise

Chris Collum 11/08/12 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115186542)
Ah, nope. But I definitely remember there not being as many responses to KL as there are now. Makes sense though, he did sell 242K copies, haha.

Oh never mind, sorry. Long story, and I now regret bringing any of this up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabayside (Post 115186562)
Mhmm, dipshit.
Just shut up

Listen fucker, I don't think you even know what I'm talking about

Chris Collum 11/08/12 09:07 AM

Never posting in the news forum again, lesson learned, bye

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 115186772)
Oh never mind, sorry. Long story, and I now regret bringing any of this up.

Listen fucker, I don't think you even know what I'm talking about

Probably right, bad mood?
It's cool I just kind of felt you attacked an opinion of mine, agree to disagree?

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92 (Post 115186802)
Never posting in the news forum again, lesson learned, bye

Nah, continuing posting on news, haha. Too many feels in this thread.

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabayside (Post 115186742)
Oh I hear you there. "It's cool my best friend is black" haha
Any other great hip-hop recs this past year? I really dig kendrick n ab-soul's album a ton, oh and macklemore's latest caught me by surprise

I don't think people here listen to some of the rap I'd post like Doughboys. Nothing new that I've been listening to lately, but I did hear a newer young artist Black Dave (basically a harder Joey Bada$$ in what he's going for) thanks to a post in the hip hop forum, and if you're looking for good mixes, Damu The Fudgemunk.

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115186992)
I don't think people here listen to some of the rap I'd post like Doughboys. Nothing new that I've been listening to lately, but I did hear a newer young artist Black Dave (basically a harder Joey Bada$$ in what he's going for) thanks to a post in the hip hop forum, and if you're looking for good mixes, Damu The Fudgemunk.

Your the only other person I've heard mention doughboys, i dig them. I haven't given Joey basa$$ much listen to yet

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabayside (Post 115187062)
Your the only other person I've heard mention doughboys, i dig them. I haven't given Joey basa$$ much listen to yet

Are you sure we're talking about the same group? From the south? I only know about them cause my brother lives down there and listens to them religiously.

Also, here's Black Dave:

I was gonna try to feature him but the kid's disogranized/unprofessional haha. "What's your e-mail?" Man, you've already got my email in your inbox. That's what I can't stand with that "new young 19 y/o" rapper craze now. They do w/e but when it comes to press, they got that same recklessness.

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115187182)
Are you sure we're talking about the same group? From the south? haha.I only know about them cause my brother lives down there and listens to them religiously.

Also, here's Black Dave:

I was gonna try to feature him but the kid's disogranized/unprofessional haha. "What's your e-mail?" Man, you saw my email already in your inbox. That's what I can't stand with that "new young 19 y/o" rapper craze now. They do w/e but when it comes to press, they got that same recklessness.

Yep, same group. So random how i came upon them. Lots of nights ill go on fits of looking up new acts/upcoming stuff. Very few times does it lead to something new that is great. But worth the effort for the love of new tunes. And yeah them damn rappers and their ways

xsinkshipsx 11/08/12 09:35 AM

I don't like this but not because I don't like lady gaga, but because this should have been WAY cooler than it was.

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsinkshipsx (Post 115187782)
I don't like this but not because I don't like lady gaga, but because this should have been WAY cooler than it was.

I think Lady Gaga's okay, but her voice sounds so awful. Not only is she out of tune, but she's trying to do stuff that doesn't fit, as well as sounding just plain awkward overall.

Who Is Ryan? 11/08/12 09:42 AM

Eh...I prefer the other

saywhatever 11/08/12 09:50 AM

aquabayside, wow, how many bad posts can you have in one thread?

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywhatever (Post 115188512)
aquabayside, wow, how many bad posts can you have in one thread?

Just to one person regarding them picking apart simple opinions on a rap artist.
Don't worry too much about it guy.

saywhatever 11/08/12 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquabayside (Post 115188642)
Just to one person regarding them picking apart simple opinions on a rap artist.
Don't worry too much about it guy.

I'm not worried, I'm just saying you've said a lot of stupid things in here. Do you though.

aquabayside 11/08/12 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywhatever (Post 115188722)
I'm not worried, I'm just saying you've said a lot of stupid things in here. Do you though.

Other thanlike 3 posts back to that person its been only discussing hip-hop/rap so I don't give a shit.
DO YOU sir! Haha

weworemasks 11/08/12 09:58 AM

this wasn't an "unused" version, it was something she recorded for the hell of it. the "unused" song was 'partynauseous.'

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weworemasks (Post 115188902)
this wasn't an "unused" version, it was something she recorded for the hell of it. the "unused" song was 'partynauseous.'

Ok, haha. I'm just saying this version isn't on the album. They went with Kendrick's voice.

weworemasks 11/08/12 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115189122)
Ok, haha. I'm just saying this version isn't on the album. They went with Kendrick's voice.

shit, you quoting me just reminded me about that e-mail you sent!!!! did you ever send it?

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weworemasks (Post 115189242)
shit, you quoting me just reminded me about that e-mail you sent!!!! did you ever send it?

Yeah I did. >:O

But don't worry about it now haha.

weworemasks 11/08/12 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115189432)
Yeah I did. >:O

But don't worry about it now haha.

nooooo i feel bad! if i post it, is it '2 late' 'a late pass' 'unimportant' etc?

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weworemasks (Post 115190072)
nooooo i feel bad! if i post it, is it '2 late' 'a late pass' 'unimportant' etc?

Nah, haha. It's more me just being like "This isn't the best of his stuff, he'll probably have something more impressive to show everyone in the future." The song is alright, but the video is kinda meh haha.

weworemasks 11/08/12 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115190982)
Nah, haha. It's more me just being like "This isn't the best of his stuff, he'll probably have something more impressive to show everyone in the future." The song is alright, but the video is kinda meh haha.

i'll hold off in that case! he just signed to fools gold right? should have some heat soon enough, i'm sure!

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weworemasks (Post 115191382)
i'll hold off in that case! he just signed to fools gold right? should have some heat soon enough, i'm sure!

Yeah he did, crazy right? Does everyone on Fool's Gold get the same amount of attn tho? I dont pay too much attn to that label but I feel they got some artists on there who know one follows that much.

ablueskytragedy 11/08/12 11:23 AM

I'm in class, can't listen to this. What part did she sing over? Was it the "Pussy on a pedestal" part? Also someone link me to the "Didn't want her style to be compromised" part?

CastlesXClouds 11/08/12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115183622)
I agree about KL, but I don't know anything about Drake (I don't really listen to him).

Not even on the Drake tip, Kendrick's just a poet. He has a knack for touching upon issues in a very heartfelt way, and women isn't even the extent of the subjects he covers. When he does talk about them, it's often about his personal experiences or how that lady should be uplifted and respected, or should be self-empowered.

What do you think about Fuckin Problem?

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CastlesXClouds (Post 115193312)
What do you think about Fuckin Problem?

It's a little too Schoolboy Q lyrically for me haha, but the four artists are well arranged. Kendrick doesn't even really go into saying much, "dick" is actually "dihhh". I think he was the least crazy out of the rest of them.

_veges_ 11/08/12 12:21 PM

The normal hook is one of the weakest on the album imo, but this is just unlistenable

blackmold 11/08/12 01:43 PM

Damn, Kendrick is gettin' almost as many replies as some of the pop-punk bands posted on here. Good for him.

Dre Okorley 11/08/12 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILL YOURSELF (Post 115200802)
Damn, Kendrick is gettin' almost as many replies as some of the pop-punk bands posted on here. Good for him.

A lot of the hip hop news threads have been lately, too.

Jukebox Romeo 11/08/12 09:35 PM

This is obviously unfinished / not completely produced, I think if Gaga were on the actual album she'd sound better. But yeah, this is the type of feature that doesn't really add anything different to the song from what Kendrick can bring. Happy it's not on there.

Dre Okorley 11/09/12 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukebox Romeo (Post 115218312)
This is obviously unfinished / not completely produced, I think if Gaga were on the actual album she'd sound better. But yeah, this is the type of feature that doesn't really add anything different to the song from what Kendrick can bring. Happy it's not on there.

Yeah, I guess I didn't take that into consideration, hah. True...but until I've heard some future collabs between her and Kendrick, I won't be totally convinced that the genre's her calling.

Jukebox Romeo 11/09/12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 115224002)
Yeah, I guess I didn't take that into consideration, hah. True...but until I've heard some future collabs between her and Kendrick, I won't be totally convinced that the genre's her calling.

I thought she was decent on the Wale song, kind of the same thing though, a generic performance that didn't add much to the track. Kendrick has proven to be a master of placing features on this album so I'm sure we'd only hear Gaga on a K.Dot project if it were good. We'll see if he turns up on a Gaga song or something though, that'd be interesting.