AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AVA To Release New EP Next Month (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2946532)

Drew Beringer 11/08/12 01:34 PM

AVA To Release New EP Next Month

Angels and Airwaves will release a new EP titled Stomping The Phantom Break Pedal on December 18th. The EP features new music and 5 remixes. You can watch the video for "Diary" in the replies.

Submitted by agreenmagician

Drew Beringer 11/08/12 01:34 PM

cobja94 11/08/12 01:36 PM

Good to see Tom's staying busy

kidwithhelmet 11/08/12 01:38 PM

Was this what Tom was referring to, rather than a blink EP by XMas?

Trevor Sostarich 11/08/12 01:38 PM

If this is the same route as LOVE Pt. 1 & 2 then I'm excited. Judging by the new song it is. I enjoy this band mainly for night drives.

Trevor Sostarich 11/08/12 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwithhelmet (Post 115197092)

Both bands will be releasing a new EP.

Cody Nelson 11/08/12 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwithhelmet (Post 115197092)

I think when he said 'new Blink EP by Xmas,' that's what he meant.

kidwithhelmet 11/08/12 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody Nelson (Post 115197182)
I think when he said 'new Blink EP by Xmas,' that's what he meant.

Apologies, heard the info 2nd hand.

irthesteve 11/08/12 01:45 PM

The Score Evolved EP:

1. Reel 1 (Diary)
2. Reel 5 (New Blood)
3. Reel 6

Love Two Re-Imagined EP:

1. Surrender Remix
2. Epic Holiday Remix
3. Young London Remix
4. Anxiety Remix
5. Saturday Love Remix

mario-182 11/08/12 01:45 PM

December 18th*
I understand that AVA's not for everyone, and even though blink's been my favourite band for 12 years, AVA does something for me that no other band ever has or could, I think. Can't wait for both bands' new EPs

Alligator Blood 11/08/12 01:54 PM

Diary is the most promising thing they've ever released.

bradsonemanband 11/08/12 01:54 PM

BUZZKILLLLLL

Rysker6 11/08/12 01:55 PM

Hmmm

SupMikecheck 11/08/12 02:03 PM

This is great, and stoked to hear the new blink in a couple of weeks

GetUpAndrew 11/08/12 02:09 PM

The song sounds pretty interesting.

I hope that their new material will follow the Love pt.1&2 direction.

luke69 11/08/12 02:13 PM

This should be the second song of the EP

asthenia* 11/08/12 02:14 PM

man, sometimes this band just works.

the actual song here is an example of that

pleasedontask 11/08/12 02:16 PM

this was actually kind of cool.

agreene24 11/08/12 02:32 PM

Wow Diary gave me goosebumps, especially when Tom's vocals came in. Excellent stuff.

EvilZeppelin 11/08/12 02:47 PM

I like that Critter was in this video.

tdlyon 11/08/12 02:55 PM

Will probably download the first disc. Not interested in remixes really.

SomedayTheFire 11/08/12 03:04 PM

That was fantastic

punchlinekid182 11/08/12 03:15 PM

Sweet, best news of the day for me

bobcatbob18 11/08/12 03:30 PM

The fact that people seem to be warming up to this is astonishing to me considering how much (unwarranted) hate AVA seem to get on AP. I guess announcing a Blink EP beforehand softened the blow that Tom still has his passion project going.

Releasing a double EP on two discs seems a little excessive from a production stand point, don't you think? Make that baby a single disc and drop the price $10! I'm excited to hear the new stuff with Illan.

Alexx Miller 11/08/12 03:35 PM

More like Stomping the Delay Pedal. Nah, but I'm actually pretty excited for this.

TAI182 11/08/12 03:40 PM

$60 preorders at angelsandairwaves.com

suppyguppy 11/08/12 04:00 PM

Legitimately just enjoyed an AVA song for the first time since probably 2006.

15 Step 11/08/12 04:28 PM

cant wait for future idiots cover of diary

jtresk26 11/08/12 04:31 PM

This song has really grown on me. The video fits perfectly for the song too.

iamthealex 11/08/12 04:54 PM

I really didn't hate this, considering how much I how much attention I haven't paid to this project after their first record.

fireandice31 11/08/12 04:56 PM

Really liking this new song. High hopes for the EP

Avalanche1 11/08/12 06:56 PM

Like the song. I don't really get why so many people are saying this is the first AVA song they like because it really doesn't sound different from most of their material.

galkain 11/08/12 10:18 PM

This man is a machine.

mattregan 11/08/12 10:42 PM

Tom is in beast mode it appears.

loveandzombies 11/09/12 02:20 AM

$60 for 3 new songs.. are they out of their fucking minds?

hectorial85 11/09/12 03:03 AM

Fucking pumped.

R.I.P. Critter

SLoT 11/09/12 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveandzombies (Post 115221762)

You know this isn't true.

rickman 11/09/12 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveandzombies (Post 115221762)

$60 gets you

Digital Download of the “Stomping The Phantom Brake Pedal” Double EP

Two disk Digi-Pack of “Stomping The Phantom Brake Pedal”

One Phantom T-Shirt

One Angels And Airwaves Legacy Photo Book: 200 pages of iconic and never before seen photographs bound in a limited edition black hardcover

One 8.5" x 11" gloss "Thank You" Photo from the band

Digital Downloads will be available on December 18th in your account. All physical items will be shipped on approx. Dec 11th.

**Due to the limited edition nature of the items the Phantom Bundle is non-returnable and non-refundable.

And then there's always YouTube if you don't want to go to the trouble of ordering it.

loveandzombies 11/09/12 04:30 AM

Isn't true? How so? The new songs are Reel 1 (Diary) Reel 5 (blood) and Reel 6. Those are the new songs... Remixed tracks, book of pictures I could get using google, and a few cheap merch items to jack up the price? What a joke! The glossy tops it off.. Send me 60 bucks and I'll shit out a few tracks for you, remix them in logic, and give you a special glossy that says "hey dumbass, you just got F'd in the A" ***No refunds. Act now or I'll charge your dumbass more later.. It's a bit insulting. They should at least offer the tracks at regular price (.99 each), then if they wanna dupe people, more power to them. But nowhere on the front page of their site where they're pushing this thing do they give any options.

Purchase by Dec 4th to receive a free digital download of the AVA Legacy PhotoBook

Includes:
One Phantom T-Shirt
One Angels And Airwaves Legacy Photo Book: 200 pages of iconic and never before seen photographs bound in a limited edition black hardcover
Digital Downloads will be available on December 18th in your account. All physical items will be shipped on approx. Dec 11th.
**Due to the limited edition nature of the items the Phantom Bundle is non-returnable and non-refundable.
$59.99 (After Dec. 4th $64.99)

SomedayTheFire 11/09/12 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveandzombies (Post 115222512)
Isn't true? How so? The new songs are Reel 1 (Diary) Reel 5 (blood) and Reel 6. Those are the new songs... Remixed tracks, book of pictures I could get using google, and a few cheap merch items to jack up the price? What a joke! The glossy tops it off.. Send me 60 bucks and I'll shit out a few tracks for you, remix them in logic, and give you a special glossy that says "hey dumbass, you just got F'd in the A" ***No refunds. Act now or I'll charge your dumbass more later.. It's a bit insulting. They should at least offer the tracks at regular price (.99 each), then if they wanna dupe people, more power to them. But nowhere on the front page of their site where they're pushing this thing do they give any options.

Purchase by Dec 4th to receive a free digital download of the AVA Legacy PhotoBook

Includes:
One Phantom T-Shirt

Lord, you're being a bit of a retard.

loveandzombies 11/09/12 04:48 AM

I'm not trying to troll or anything. I'm typically not negative, nor one to voice a negative message, especially online.. But when I excitedly read the caption of the new EP, I was appalled to discover the way it was presented. It seems (with the exception of some artists who genuinely offer fantastic packages (NIN, The Rentals, Placebo to name a few) many just use the "bundle" as way to throw some cheap products together to make the money back that they feel they lose on piracy. Thank god there's no toy car, or fuzzy dice included in this, but still all or nothing is insulting to fans who honestly support them. This goes not just for AVA but for any artist who does or has done this in the past. I'd rather they just put a paypal donation link permanently on the site then try to rip me off. I figured that maybe, just maybe I'm not only one who feels this way. I'm not going to drag this out.. that's my say, so at least take it into consideration before you give these guys too much money for far less than it's worth.

DeeEee1985 11/09/12 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveandzombies (Post 115222512)

Includes:
One Phantom T-Shirt

Errrrr the pictures are exclusive from Critters camera. I highly doubt you'd find them on Google.

Thisisgoodbye 11/09/12 06:52 AM

its $60 for the BUNDLE. Im sure in the coming weeks you can preorder just the ep.

i like apples 11/09/12 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveandzombies (Post 115222602)
I'm not trying to troll or anything. I'm typically not negative, nor one to voice a negative message, especially online.. But when I excitedly read the caption of the new EP, I was appalled to discover the way it was presented. It seems (with the exception of some artists who genuinely offer fantastic packages (NIN, The Rentals, Placebo to name a few) many just use the "bundle" as way to throw some cheap products together to make the money back that they feel they lose on piracy. Thank god there's no toy car, or fuzzy dice included in this, but still all or nothing is insulting to fans who honestly support them. This goes not just for AVA but for any artist who does or has done this in the past. I'd rather they just put a paypal donation link permanently on the site then try to rip me off. I figured that maybe, just maybe I'm not only one who feels this way. I'm not going to drag this out.. that's my say, so at least take it into consideration before you give these guys too much money for far less than it's worth.

You're crazy, toy car would be FIRE.

davecerv 11/09/12 08:09 AM

Oh COME ON..this is a great package! only because of the photo book which is probably worth $30-$40 and then the shirt $15-$20 then both discs maybe like $18 plus the free digital download of the pictures and the gloss thank you photo. I'm kinda nervous about those remixes though. It would be nice if they would just offer the photo book by itself haha

AussieBoy 11/09/12 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Sostarich (Post 115197122)
If this is the same route as LOVE Pt. 1 & 2 then I'm excited. Judging by the new song it is. I enjoy this band mainly for night drives.

Mark and Travis joined AVA it was just for this

cswappo 11/10/12 08:59 PM

awesome! this should be pretty cool.

irememberhallow 11/11/12 03:10 PM

I really enjoyed that video. It gave me a great feel and I just love everything he does. In every band he;s ever done.

Can't wait for both E.P's!