AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  SXSW 2013 Line-Up Begins (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2947492)

Jason Tate 11/09/12 10:53 AM

SXSW 2013 Line-Up Begins

The first round of bands for SXSW 2013 in Austin, TX has been announced.

Submitted by Dustin Harkins

punchedbyagirl 11/09/12 11:21 AM

"This list only scratches the surface of the what will inevitably become our greatest and most diverse line up to date". That quote plus the fact Film is taking place on four of the Music days has me stoked for March.

MJSchmidt 11/09/12 11:40 AM

First reaction was I have not heard of most of these artists. I am sure some more familiar names will pop up as they announce them.

Joey-Wan Kenobi 11/09/12 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJSchmidt (Post 115230792)
First reaction was I have not heard of most of these artists. I am sure some more familiar names will pop up as they announce them.

Same here. I was like... and.... Gallows, ok yeah i know Gallows... and that was about it. haha.

MJSchmidt 11/09/12 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey-Wan Kenobi (Post 115231912)
Same here. I was like... and.... Gallows, ok yeah i know Gallows... and that was about it. haha.

Haha Gallows is the only band I have a release of. I have heard of and heard some of the others, but it was pretty thin overall. Biggest "huh" moment for me was seeing random Of Mice and Men just on an island in the list. Unless there is a stage specifically for the style I am not sure where they fit. Oh well, I don't really care since I don't listen to them.

dohare 11/09/12 02:25 PM

i wish they had these organized by genre, never heard of any and i bet there some clutch sounds in there.

gameguru990 11/09/12 03:04 PM

I know 10 of those bands and would see 4. Looking forward to more band announcements.

reedard 11/09/12 03:16 PM

SXSW kinda sucks. It's never worth the price of admission as all the bigger acts cost more money. Too many douchy music executives and way too many douchy hipster fans.

Stormsubsides 11/09/12 03:43 PM

I know Gallows. And OM&M wish they organized them by genre as someone else already mentioned. I've never heard of any of those bands. Hopefully bigger names get released soon

GiganticOwl 11/09/12 08:36 PM

THE LAST BISON!!! THE LAST BISON!!! THE LAST BISON!!! THE LAST BISON!!!

Check out "Switzerland" on Youtube. You won't regret it!

rob_mylo 11/09/12 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedard (Post 115239682)
SXSW kinda sucks. It's never worth the price of admission as all the bigger acts cost more money. Too many douchy music executives and way too many douchy hipster fans.

Maybe you're going to the wrong shows.

Tons of bands that are featured on this website do TONS of free shows throughout sxsw. I've never paid for a badge and I've seen everyone I've wanted at SXSW for the past 5 years.

SilenceBrokenTT 11/10/12 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJSchmidt (Post 115230792)

This must be the first time you've looked into SXSW.... it's always been like a 1 to 8 ratio of no-name bands to known ones.

MJSchmidt 11/10/12 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilenceBrokenTT (Post 115256132)
This must be the first time you've looked into SXSW.... it's always been like a 1 to 8 ratio of no-name bands to known ones.

I am fully aware that most bands on the lineup aren't well known. I was just commenting more on the lack of known artists on the first announcement.

Kyle Thrash 11/10/12 11:30 AM

Cheers Elephant!

HyperactiveYout 11/10/12 12:52 PM

Well; He's My Brother, She's My Sister is one hell of a band and the The Zombies would be cool.