AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Green Day's "Drama Queen" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2949902)

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327532)
i have nothing to say on the subject with you. i've been made repeatedly aware of your stance, and would only like to point out the fact you are seemingly living out the movie Groundhogs Day.

... says the dude calling me out.

TomAce 11/12/12 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327572)
... says the dude calling me out.

yeah? this is the first time i've called you out on it.

Phil507 11/12/12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327382)
For the 9 millionth time: love every single one up until "21st Century" -- and I even like some songs on that (think it was in my top 30 the year it came out).

Which is why it makes no sense that one would like Nimrod/Warning and not at least like Uno. Songs like Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Angel Face, etc. could have easily been on Nimrod and/or Warning.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327602)
yeah? this is the first time i've called you out on it.

Still goooooooing.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 115327642)
Which is why it makes no sense that one would like Nimrod/Warning and not at least like Uno. Songs like Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Angel Face, etc. could have easily been on Nimrod and/or Warning.

Because I was like 15 when I liked Nimrod. And Warning sounds nothing like Uno. "Let Yourself Go" is so fucking bad.

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 11:59 AM

Warning sounds nothing like any other album. Everyone always compares new songs to Warning. At least Tate and I agree on something.

TomAce 11/12/12 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327672)
Still goooooooing.

you're a very negative person, you know that?

Jason Tate 11/12/12 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327772)
you're a very negative person, you know that?

Stillllll going.

Holly HoX! 11/12/12 12:05 PM

Dilsmacks, I tell you. Dilsmacks.

ParkwayTom 11/12/12 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115325322)
I don't know how you could defend that song.

Just checked it out on youtube cause I hadn't heard it yet... Jesus.

I weep for old Green Day.

TomAce 11/12/12 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115328012)
Stillllll going.

i have said nothing on the subject of green day at all.

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 12:11 PM

Perhaps people dislike Dos because Lady Cobra raps on it and not Billie Joe. It's the first they have had a real guest on anything. If it was BJA rapping would you hate it?

Phil507 11/12/12 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115327762)
Warning sounds nothing like any other album. Everyone always compares new songs to Warning. At least Tate and I agree on something.

Listen to "Church On Sunday" from Warning and then listen to "Fell For You" from Uno. You really can't pick up on a similar vibe?

Clown_Baby 11/12/12 12:16 PM

Not a huge Green Day fan at all anymore but my friend had me sit through Dos and its about half and half. It's not atrocious. Tate most likely went into thinking it was going to be terrible and didn't give it a real chance. And come on, All time low write better songs than Dookie and Insomniac? How can you make such a statement and own this website? All time low exists because of albums like Dookie.

Clown_Baby 11/12/12 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115328392)
Perhaps people dislike Dos because Lady Cobra raps on it and not Billie Joe. It's the first they have had a real guest on anything. If it was BJA rapping would you hate it?


I would hate it even more if he rapped on it. Hi ross