AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Green Day's "Drama Queen" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2949902)

Jason Tate 11/12/12 10:36 AM

Green Day's "Drama Queen"
 
Green Day's "Drama Queen" can be heard here.

Submitted by Elscorcho2008

Jason Tate 11/12/12 10:37 AM


RockVocalPower 11/12/12 10:44 AM

"Daddy's little bundle of joy... Everyone's drama queen is old enough to bleed now" is a horrific line. Wow.

Zack Zarrillo 11/12/12 10:46 AM

I've yet to listen to Dos. Do I need to be in a rush to?

Jason Tate 11/12/12 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115324372)
I've yet to listen to Dos. Do I need to be in a rush to?

It's atrocious.

Zack Zarrillo 11/12/12 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115324402)
It's atrocious.

Worse than Uno?

Jason Tate 11/12/12 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115324482)
Worse than Uno?

Yap. It's that bad.

dmcaloon 11/12/12 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115324572)
Yap. It's that bad.

I disagree. A lot.

punkcrap 11/12/12 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115324372)
I've yet to listen to Dos. Do I need to be in a rush to?

It has some bad songs, and some really good ones too. Stray Heart might be one of my all-time Green Day favorites.

tomtom94 11/12/12 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115324402)
It's atrocious.

This. And I liked Uno. Dos is just awful.

kolby182 11/12/12 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115324572)
Yap. It's that bad.

People are over on the Green Day page defending "Nightlife", which I think is the worst GD song I've ever heard. Your thoughts on that song?

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 11:03 AM

It's supposed to be a fun song.

Phil507 11/12/12 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115324402)
It's atrocious.

Oh come on, it is not. You can't tell me you enjoy Blink 182's Neighborhoods and yet THIS album is atrocious.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 115325052)
Oh come on, it is not. You can't tell me you enjoy Blink 182's Neighborhoods and yet THIS album is atrocious.

I just did. Oh no. When your only argument in every-single-thread is to bring up Blink-182, you're really reaching for any defense you can get.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolby182 (Post 115324922)
People are over on the Green Day page defending "Nightlife", which I think is the worst GD song I've ever heard. Your thoughts on that song?

I don't know how you could defend that song.

Phil507 11/12/12 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115325292)
I just did. Oh no. When your only argument in every-single-thread is to bring up Blink-182, you're really reaching for any defense you can get.

Or All Time Low, whatever. I realize there are some strange missteps on Dos but songs like "Ashley" and "Stop When The Red Light Flashes" should satisfy even those who loved Warning.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 115325692)
Or All Time Low, whatever. I realize there are some strange missteps on Dos but songs like "Ashley" and "Stop When The Red Light Flashes" should satisfy even those who loved Warning.

All Time Low write better shitty pop-songs than Green Day do. It's that simple.

oneeightytwo 11/12/12 11:25 AM

How I'd like the days of pre-21stCB GD to come back.

Phil507 11/12/12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115325812)
All Time Low write better shitty pop-songs than Green Day do. It's that simple.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read here. You can't REALLY believe that? What's next, you're gonna tell me The Wonder Years are better songwriters as well?

jtresk26 11/12/12 11:33 AM

I don't mind it, yet I don't love it.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 115326192)
That's one of the funniest things I've ever read here. You can't REALLY believe that? What's next, you're gonna tell me The Wonder Years are better songwriters as well?

Better bad pop-song songwriters? No, no they're not.

ACA 11/12/12 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115324372)
I've yet to listen to Dos. Do I need to be in a rush to?

Dos is solid, and if you're a Green Day fan, it's more of a good thing.

When all is said in done, I bet Uno/Dos/Tres could have been one truly fantastic, more streamlined "one album effort", but you should definitely give Dos a shot.

Judging by Uno/Dos, it sounds like Green Day is playing for their diehard fans, and no one else. Great for big fans of the band.. but if you haven't given it a chance yet, you're probably not the target audience.

LogikaX 11/12/12 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115325322)
I don't know how you could defend that song.

It sounds good? Not really sure how to 'defend' a song beyond saying I enjoy it and would listen to it multiple times.

Robb 11/12/12 11:43 AM

"Drama Queen is on the Vinyl of dos but not on the cd because it got replaced for Stray Heart "

So, the vinyl has this but not Stray Heart?

What an awful trade.

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 11:46 AM

Jason Tate - Do you like any Green Day records?

TomAce 11/12/12 11:49 AM

ah, i was wondering when todays Jason Tate green day news post filled with Jason Tate shit talking on said green day news post was gonna happen.

you ever get bored of this conversation, sir?

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115327302)
Jason Tate - Do you like any Green Day records?

For the 9 millionth time: love every single one up until "21st Century" -- and I even like some songs on that (think it was in my top 30 the year it came out).

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327372)
ah, i was wondering when todays Jason Tate green day news post filled with Jason Tate shit talking on said green day news post was gonna happen.

you ever get bored of this conversation, sir?

Nope, it's my job. Do you?

TomAce 11/12/12 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327422)
Nope, it's my job. Do you?

i have nothing to say on the subject with you. i've been made repeatedly aware of your stance, and would only like to point out the fact you are seemingly living out the movie Groundhogs Day.

Holly HoX! 11/12/12 11:52 AM

This is music for dilsmacks

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327532)
i have nothing to say on the subject with you. i've been made repeatedly aware of your stance, and would only like to point out the fact you are seemingly living out the movie Groundhogs Day.

... says the dude calling me out.

TomAce 11/12/12 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327572)
... says the dude calling me out.

yeah? this is the first time i've called you out on it.

Phil507 11/12/12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327382)
For the 9 millionth time: love every single one up until "21st Century" -- and I even like some songs on that (think it was in my top 30 the year it came out).

Which is why it makes no sense that one would like Nimrod/Warning and not at least like Uno. Songs like Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Angel Face, etc. could have easily been on Nimrod and/or Warning.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327602)
yeah? this is the first time i've called you out on it.

Still goooooooing.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 115327642)
Which is why it makes no sense that one would like Nimrod/Warning and not at least like Uno. Songs like Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Angel Face, etc. could have easily been on Nimrod and/or Warning.

Because I was like 15 when I liked Nimrod. And Warning sounds nothing like Uno. "Let Yourself Go" is so fucking bad.

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 11:59 AM

Warning sounds nothing like any other album. Everyone always compares new songs to Warning. At least Tate and I agree on something.

TomAce 11/12/12 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115327672)
Still goooooooing.

you're a very negative person, you know that?

Jason Tate 11/12/12 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 115327772)
you're a very negative person, you know that?

Stillllll going.

Holly HoX! 11/12/12 12:05 PM

Dilsmacks, I tell you. Dilsmacks.

ParkwayTom 11/12/12 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115325322)
I don't know how you could defend that song.

Just checked it out on youtube cause I hadn't heard it yet... Jesus.

I weep for old Green Day.

TomAce 11/12/12 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115328012)
Stillllll going.

i have said nothing on the subject of green day at all.

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 12:11 PM

Perhaps people dislike Dos because Lady Cobra raps on it and not Billie Joe. It's the first they have had a real guest on anything. If it was BJA rapping would you hate it?

Phil507 11/12/12 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115327762)
Warning sounds nothing like any other album. Everyone always compares new songs to Warning. At least Tate and I agree on something.

Listen to "Church On Sunday" from Warning and then listen to "Fell For You" from Uno. You really can't pick up on a similar vibe?

Clown_Baby 11/12/12 12:16 PM

Not a huge Green Day fan at all anymore but my friend had me sit through Dos and its about half and half. It's not atrocious. Tate most likely went into thinking it was going to be terrible and didn't give it a real chance. And come on, All time low write better songs than Dookie and Insomniac? How can you make such a statement and own this website? All time low exists because of albums like Dookie.

Clown_Baby 11/12/12 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115328392)
Perhaps people dislike Dos because Lady Cobra raps on it and not Billie Joe. It's the first they have had a real guest on anything. If it was BJA rapping would you hate it?


I would hate it even more if he rapped on it. Hi ross

Holly HoX! 11/12/12 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clown_Baby (Post 115328602)
Not a huge Green Day fan at all anymore but my friend had me sit through Dos and its about half and half. It's not atrocious. Tate most likely went into thinking it was going to be terrible and didn't give it a real chance. And come on, All time low write better songs than Dookie and Insomniac? How can you make such a statement and own this website? All time low exists because of albums like Dookie.


He never said that.

Jason Tate 11/12/12 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clown_Baby (Post 115328602)
Not a huge Green Day fan at all anymore but my friend had me sit through Dos and its about half and half. It's not atrocious. Tate most likely went into thinking it was going to be terrible and didn't give it a real chance. And come on, All time low write better songs than Dookie and Insomniac? How can you make such a statement and own this website? All time low exists because of albums like Dookie.

Missed the entire point of what I said ... first, I said shitty pop songs. I don't think that applies to early Green Day -- I think those are good pop songs. Second, we're talking about right now ... not the band's early catalog. So, if you're going to say shit like "How can you make such a statement and own this website" -- you should at least get my quotes right.

harley7733 11/12/12 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djrossstar2009 (Post 115328392)
Perhaps people dislike Dos because Lady Cobra raps on it and not Billie Joe. It's the first they have had a real guest on anything. If it was BJA rapping would you hate it?

Well yes, seeing as the lyrical content would make it even more ridiculously awful.

Besides that song though, I think Dos is pretty good. A lot of good tunes, I especially like Amy, Billie Joe really knows how to handle those ballads and his voice sounds great. If only they could have taken the best songs from each and done one album, it would have blown people away. I havent gotten to fully digest Dos yet, but I'd take Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Let Yourself Go, Sweet 16, Rusty James, and Oh Love from Uno for sure.

djrossstar2009 11/12/12 12:26 PM

Fell For you reminds me of Worry Rock. Hiii Clown baby.

owenslugworth 11/12/12 12:41 PM

As someone who has loved everything Green Day has put out, even 21CB, in my opinion, Uno and Dos are both incredibly bad and boring albums. Not looking forward to Tre at all, but obviously I'll still listen.