AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Senses Fail in Studio with Shaun Lopez (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2950042)

Jason Tate 11/12/12 12:18 PM

Senses Fail in Studio with Shaun Lopez

Senses Fail are currently in the studio with producer Shaun Lopez.

Submitted by quickandsilver

ctmk 11/12/12 12:24 PM

sounds interesting. Crosses sound phenomenal. Maybe he brings some darkness to their sound.

bobsheiskawy 11/12/12 12:27 PM

new senses fail is always a good thing.

irememberhallow 11/12/12 12:40 PM

I can't wait to hear something off this record. It's been too long for me.

Zack Zarrillo 11/12/12 12:44 PM

No McTernan is interesting

bite2brkskn12 11/12/12 12:44 PM

i have a feeling this is going to be amazing. Also, I hope they do a holiday show like they did last year.

bite2brkskn12 11/12/12 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115327142)

maybe they listened to the fans when we all said we didn't like the production on The Fire?

jasonisasleep 11/12/12 12:45 PM

love his ideas and production, the last Far record (while a slight letdown) sounds great sonically. same with crosses.

xtbs7645x 11/12/12 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bite2brkskn12 (Post 115327212)
maybe they listened to the fans when we all said we didn't like the production on The Fire?

I still dont understand what the hell happened to The Fire.. Still Searching/Life Is Not both sound amazing and are produced by McTernan. Yet, The Fire sounds fucking awful, honestly the production ruined that album for me. Also, people have asked Buddy in the chats on here and he seemed rather confused that people thought it sounded bad. Which honestly blows my mind! Its sounds like the album was ripped at a bitrate of 96 and then mastered.

Psib 11/12/12 01:06 PM

I feel like Buddy has been in the industry long enough now to understand the basic principals of good audio production. A new producer should bring some fresh ideas and innovate the bands sound.

suicidalmoose 11/12/12 01:12 PM

a clean production like Still Searching would be welcome.

Mattylikesfilms 11/12/12 01:14 PM

Ok now im very excited.

Zack Zarrillo 11/12/12 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bite2brkskn12 (Post 115327212)

I love the production. That's my favorite SF record

Mattylikesfilms 11/12/12 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicidalmoose (Post 115328462)
a clean production like Still Searching would be welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtbs7645x (Post 115327682)
I still dont understand what the hell happened to The Fire.. Still Searching/Life Is Not both sound amazing and are produced by McTernan. Yet, The Fire sounds fucking awful, honestly the production ruined that album for me. Also, people have asked Buddy in the chats on here and he seemed rather confused that people thought it sounded bad. Which honestly blows my mind! Its sounds like the album was ripped at a bitrate of 96 and then mastered.

Yeah, I love how crisp both records sound cause you can hear how solid the musicianship is. While I do really like The Fire, it definitely turned off alot of fans due to muddy production. It made the band sound like they recorded it themselves and made the band regress IMO. I think with Mr. Lopez, we are going to get a fantastic record that sounds both clean like SS and LINAWR but also fresh with new elements added. I liked the new jams off Follow Your Bliss but I hope the new record pushes the envelope and has a couple surprises.

abusedcat 11/12/12 01:30 PM

Woah, stoked on this.
Loved Far.

_veges_ 11/12/12 02:26 PM

I really, really hope they try something new on this one

CastlesXClouds 11/12/12 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115327142)

Super bummed :/

bite2brkskn12 11/12/12 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtbs7645x (Post 115327682)

yeah exactly! I have a senses fail playlist on my ipod and anytime a song from The Fire comes on, you can immediately hear the difference in sound quality

bite2brkskn12 11/12/12 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 115328732)
I love the production. That's my favorite SF record

I love The Fire as well. The lyrics on that album really hit home for me but like I said in another post, I have a senses fail playlist on my ipod and anytime a song from that album comes on you can immediately hear a difference in sound quality. that's just my opinion though

golferpunk1 11/12/12 05:38 PM

It would be awesome if they re-released The Fire remastered because I really like those songs.

xtbs7645x 11/12/12 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golferpunk1 (Post 115339422)
It would be awesome if they re-released The Fire remastered because I really like those songs.

I'm glad to see a bunch of people feel the same way about the production.. was beginning to question if it was just me. Sadly, I doubt a remaster will ever happen :( shame, there are some really good songs (cowards actually one my favorite SF songs). The entire mix is just awful, the guitars sounds so washed out. I can honestly say, the production has prevented me from really getting into the album.. it honestly bothers me that much.

Zack Zarrillo 11/12/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bite2brkskn12 (Post 115337922)
I love The Fire as well. The lyrics on that album really hit home for me but like I said in another post, I have a senses fail playlist on my ipod and anytime a song from that album comes on you can immediately hear a difference in sound quality. that's just my opinion though

Fair enough. The lyrics are definitely killer compared to past SF records

pepster50 11/12/12 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtbs7645x (Post 115340732)
I'm glad to see a bunch of people feel the same way about the production.. was beginning to question if it was just me. Sadly, I doubt a remaster will ever happen :( shame, there are some really good songs (cowards actually one my favorite SF songs). The entire mix is just awful, the guitars sounds so washed out. I can honestly say, the production has prevented me from really getting into the album.. it honestly bothers me that much.

exactly how i felt. The songs were sick and Coward is probably one of the best SF songs, but the production turned an album that would probably be a 5 into a 3 for me. It really shows how vital production is when it comes to enjoyment of music. I really think it is the pristine sound of the previous albums that really makes The Fire so jarring.

Avalanche1 11/12/12 07:55 PM

I love The Fire and have no problems with the production. Looking forward to hearing new stuff from them.

Stephin_DC 11/12/12 08:08 PM

I really hope they embrace their hardcore side a bit more on this record. Buddy has become such a strong screamerr and I wish he did it more

datsdatdude 11/12/12 11:07 PM

let's channel some depths/enfold SF. buddy's scream is simply too good not to showcase.

upthepunx 11/12/12 11:39 PM

i love you senses fail

GetUpAndrew 11/13/12 01:23 AM

Stoked.

GetUpAndrew 11/13/12 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephin_DC (Post 115345742)
I really hope they embrace their hardcore side a bit more on this record. Buddy has become such a strong screamerr and I wish he did it more

This. Probably you've already did it, but in case you didn't, check out Bayonet's EP (Buddy's side project), such a strong, raw hardcore sound.

PerfectChaos337 11/13/12 01:52 AM

Based on the new songs from the greatest hits, it looks like new SF is going to rule. Stoked to hear what they've come up with.

rayne evol 11/13/12 05:02 AM

one of the few good post-hardcore bands left. cant wait 2 hear their new album

johnnyferris 11/13/12 08:18 AM

Can't wait to hear it. Stoked on the different production!

MJSchmidt 11/13/12 09:49 AM

Curious to hear where they go with this. I would like to see them go for more of a punk/hardcore sound, personally. Not that I don't like the stronger instrumentation on past efforts (mainly with Garrett), but picking up the Strike Anywhere guitarist, having Jason Black, and Buddy's aggressive vocals, I think they could do something cool. Who knows the Strike Anywhere guitarist may have joined to get away from that style a bit. Whatever they do I will support them. I am glad to see them still making records unlike a lot of bands they came up with.

absolutebutthol 11/13/12 09:58 AM

so stoked they are going in with someone else.