AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  City and Colour to open for... P!nk? (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2950152)

Dustin Harkins 11/12/12 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanster321 (Post 115332402)
What? This is amazing. God knows how I missed it before.

It was so priceless. Adam and his friends and I were just standing there like "Wait...what?" and cracking up the whole time.

Djentleman 11/12/12 01:50 PM

Dallas wtf are you doing?! stahp!

but seriously he's way too good to be opening for this awful pop garbage

tomtom94 11/12/12 01:52 PM

I think Hives/Pink is a weirder combination tbh, but this could be good exposure for Dallas.

Ferrari333SP 11/12/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperactiveYout (Post 115331982)
Why? You already paid for the show, stay, she might be better than you expect. Even if she's terrible, it's an interesting story at the very least.

Ehhh, maybe.

NewAgeofHorus 11/12/12 02:00 PM

Definitely going to the Charlotte date. I have yet to see city and colour

Ferrari333SP 11/12/12 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAgeofHorus (Post 115333042)
Definitely going to the Charlotte date. I have yet to see city and colour

You will be blown away; it seems the bigger the venue, the bigger his voice sounds. No trouble at all getting his voice to the back of an arena.

NewAgeofHorus 11/12/12 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP (Post 115333242)
You will be blown away; it seems the bigger the venue, the bigger his voice sounds. No trouble at all getting his voice to the back of an arena.

I only have 2 concerns.

1. Small set
2. Expensive tickets

but nonetheless I have to see this man live.

athdrummer19 11/12/12 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuNDaYSTaR (Post 115332352)
Didn't Dallas open for P!nk a couple years ago for the European leg of her tour or something?

Was going to say the SAME thing.. I'm pretty sure this has happened before with Dallas and Pink... Not surprised

ZachMadeMeOdd 11/12/12 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 115327892)
P!nk actually has sang with C&C a few times, and sounded great. So there is some relationship there, but whoda thunk it would ever turn into a tour.

I'm a huge Dallas Green fan, one of my most favorable and inspirational artists I've ever listened to. I'm amazed I never found this out until now. I just worry that Dallas' music won't be enjoyed by the the people going to see Pink, seeing as how they play very different styles of music. But with that being said, this is the biggest tour of his life. At least US wise.

iAMhollyood315 11/12/12 02:52 PM

Dallas just wants the prestige of playing huge venues like MSG. hell id do any tour for that chance.

Jack Appleby 11/12/12 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMhollyood315 (Post 115335122)
Dallas just wants the prestige of playing huge venues like MSG. hell id do any tour for that chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachMadeMeOdd (Post 115334482)
I'm a huge Dallas Green fan, one of my most favorable and inspirational artists I've ever listened to. I'm amazed I never found this out until now. I just worry that Dallas' music won't be enjoyed by the the people going to see Pink, seeing as how they play very different styles of music. But with that being said, this is the biggest tour of his life. At least US wise.

This brings up an interesting discussion: at what point does playing to sheer numbers outweigh playing to your target demographic?

C&C is music that most will find enjoyable - while people looking to "Get The Party Started" may not be at the show to hear mellow tunes, C&C is very accessible to the masses. The prestige of the venues, size of the audience, and the pay day will all likely work in the band's favor.

blimpcityhero11 11/12/12 03:31 PM

Eh... Good for the exposure at least? Odd pairings to say the least.

bobsheiskawy 11/12/12 03:48 PM

p!nk/fun. tour will happen in the future and it will be great.

i would go to this if given the chance. p!nk's new album isn't bad and everything city & colour does is incredible.

Alex DiVincenzo 11/12/12 03:52 PM

This could be cool

designerbandaid 11/12/12 04:00 PM

kill me. actually kill pink