AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Albums in Stores Today: 11-13-2012 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2950712)

kazuma_ootaro28 11/13/12 12:44 PM

Deftones!

WeltallAY 11/13/12 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jako (Post 115360952)
Lana Del Rey's Paradise EP is out today as well.

Listening to it right now. I used to HATE her but I gave her another chance and I really like what I hear! This new song of hers is great;

Jay Evan 11/13/12 01:08 PM

Maker released a Self Titled EP today

ksmitty1223 11/13/12 01:29 PM

CITIES AVIV

Xiegfried 11/13/12 01:47 PM

Picked up Green Day and I'm pretty disappointed with it so far. I enjoyed ¡Uno! quite a bit, but ¡Dos! just doesn't do it for me so far. I'll have to listen more, I guess.

John_Barnes 11/13/12 02:01 PM

Got new Lana and "new" Weeknd today.

sevinw0rds 11/13/12 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMhollyood315 (Post 115359772)
when is dubstep and metalcore going to get a divorce. seriously lol.

Also I don't care how long the deftones have been around and how "influential" they are they sound like radio butt rock. I honestly couldn't listen to more than 1 min out of 3 songs on this new record and i can tolerate a lot. its terrible.

I can understand someone not liking them but "radio butt rock?" I've never heard anyone even begin to denigrate them that way. There's so much to their sound that it's quite an insult to hurl one of the few consistently creative bands out there into that pile.

Afed 11/13/12 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevinw0rds (Post 115373902)
I can understand someone not liking them but "radio butt rock?" I've never heard anyone even begin to denigrate them that way. There's so much to their sound that it's quite an insult to hurl one of the few consistently creative bands out there into that pile.

This. Seriously Deftones is like the most original sounding band right now that actually somewhat sells big. How anyone could say they are just "radio butt rock" is beyond me.

iAMhollyood315 11/13/12 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevinw0rds (Post 115373902)

I don't mean to lower them to the standards of 3 doors down, seether and the like but the chord transitions and melodies just IMO not appealing. I get it, they were pioneers of a sound and were around for quite some time allowing bands in our genre to exist them having paved the ground, but it just has this alt-rock feel I just can't get into for the life of me. I don't really know how to describe it its just unaplealing to my ears.

guitarguy211 11/13/12 05:49 PM

Major League was enjoyable.

I've heard really good things about From Indian Lakes, what would be a RIYL for them?

EmoErk 11/13/12 05:57 PM

major league is amazing

Shatter_Glass 11/13/12 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoAbe (Post 115357312)
Deftones!
Punch Brothers EP is great as well.
Curious to listen to all of Soundgarden and The Weeknd too.

This!

Shatter_Glass 11/13/12 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 115368752)
Listening to it right now. I used to HATE her but I gave her another chance and I really like what I hear! This new song of hers is great;

How can you "hate" this woman? Blue Jeans and especially Video Games are nothing short of great songs. + she's sexy as fuck.

claw38 11/13/12 07:02 PM

New Deftones and Crystal Castles for sure.
Major League if I can afford it.
Already have all 3 of The Weeknd's EPs, all are fantastic.
This thread turned me on to From Indian Lakes, grabbing them if I can too.

sevinw0rds 11/13/12 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMhollyood315 (Post 115379992)
I don't mean to lower them to the standards of 3 doors down, seether and the like but the chord transitions and melodies just IMO not appealing. I get it, they were pioneers of a sound and were around for quite some time allowing bands in our genre to exist them having paved the ground, but it just has this alt-rock feel I just can't get into for the life of me. I don't really know how to describe it its just unaplealing to my ears.

Totally understandable, dude. It was just that comparison that really got me to raise an eyebrow.