AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Cassadee Pope Covering Kelly Clarkson (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2950992)

Keagan Ilvonen 11/13/12 09:55 AM

Cassadee Pope Covering Kelly Clarkson
 
Jump to the replies to watch Cassadee Pope on The Voice performing "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson

Submitted by .dot

Keagan Ilvonen 11/13/12 09:55 AM


EndlessPrisoner 11/13/12 10:08 AM

Started a bit weak but picked up a tad. still not great. Song rules though, her voice just doesn't have the power that Kelly's has.

kidinthebushes 11/13/12 10:12 AM

She gets my vote for the sexiest girl in the scene.

Kris_Gontz9 11/13/12 10:29 AM

she doesn't have a lot of strenght in the low notes, since Torn she's showed that... Regular cover. Kelly Clarkson is unbeatable though.

Gaugzilla 11/13/12 10:37 AM

She definitely doesn't have Kelly Clarkson's voice and wasn't really playing that guitar.

The_Effort 11/13/12 10:46 AM

I didn't really think this was bad at all. She's no Kelly Carlson, but she's definitely got a good voice.

kskillzz 11/13/12 11:02 AM

Usually a fan of her in this competition so far but this is my least favorite performance of hers. She really just can't hit low notes and theres too many of them in this song.

Anton Djamoos 11/13/12 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115364402)
She gets my vote for the sexiest girl in the scene.

No longer in the scene, bro.

Qadriyyah 11/13/12 11:11 AM

She sucked and the judges lied as usual. I'd rather talk about all the other contestants that shitted on her. Such as Melanie Martinez, Amanda Brown, the old guy, the fat guy, and the girl who sang Celine Dion. Cassadee should definitely be going home this week but stupid Hey Monday and ATL fans love mediocracy and will keep her afloat.

/tangent

Jack Appleby 11/13/12 11:12 AM

She's gotta stop trying to tackle songs by incredible vocalists. I think with her voice, the best strategy would be to take songs with more average singers and amp them up.

Big note sounded good, though.

Jack Appleby 11/13/12 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qadriyyah (Post 115366572)
She sucked and the judges lied as usual. I'd rather talk about all the other contestants that shitted on her. Such as Melanie Martinez, Amanda Brown, the old guy, the fat guy, and the girl who sang Celine Dion. Cassadee should definitely be going home this week but stupid Hey Monday and ATL fans love mediocracy and will keep her afloat.

/tangent

You understand that there aren't even close to enough Hey Monday fans to swing this thing, right?

This isn't Yao Ming, where all of China votes to make him an all-star. Hey Monday had a following, but this is national television we're talking about.

herestoyoufla 11/13/12 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 115366632)
You understand that there aren't even close to enough Hey Monday fans to swing this thing, right?

This isn't Yao Ming, where all of China votes to make him an all-star. Hey Monday had a following, but this is national television we're talking about.

She does have like almost 1 million twitter fans doesn't she? You'd have to think that would help at least a little...

TheRealJohnOC 11/13/12 11:39 AM

Wow, she nailed that high note! Beginning was a little weak but it's the nerves.

kidinthebushes 11/13/12 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Djamoos (Post 115366532)
No longer in the scene, bro.


She did a solo tour a few months ago. I'm sure it was full of Hey Monday fans.

Helen Keller. 11/13/12 12:05 PM

Melanie Martinez still has my vote to win by a mile. Cassadee hasn't sounded that great on any of her songs, really. Though I love ATL, their fans are honestly probably the only thing keeping her afloat at this point. And quit with the damn fake guitar, almost everyone knows the contestants barely ever actually play them.

Jack Appleby 11/13/12 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herestoyoufla (Post 115367562)
She does have like almost 1 million twitter fans doesn't she? You'd have to think that would help at least a little...




Keep in mind, that's AFTER having been on national television for several weeks - so most of those are likely from the show itself.

So yes, she has a big "scene" following, but the scene is peanuts compared to the size of audiences that watch The Voice.

herestoyoufla 11/13/12 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 115370092)


Keep in mind, that's AFTER having been on national television for several weeks - so most of those are likely from the show itself.

So yes, she has a big "scene" following, but the scene is peanuts compared to the size of audiences that watch The Voice.



Oh okay, i thought she had more followers than that. I was originally thinking that she had close to 1 million followers. So i was thinking if half of her followers voted for her and there are 12 million viewers total, she'd have 1/24th of the total audience voting for her. Not counting all of the new people that hadn't heard of her until watching the show that chose to vote for her.

But yeah, i guess i was totally off-base, haha.

Playsw/Squirels 11/13/12 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Keller. (Post 115369082)
Melanie Martinez still has my vote to win by a mile. Cassadee hasn't sounded that great on any of her songs, really. Though I love ATL, their fans are honestly probably the only thing keeping her afloat at this point. And quit with the damn fake guitar, almost everyone knows the contestants barely ever actually play them.

In my opinion, if anybody should win the show "by miles", it should be Trevin. dude is one of the best vocalists Ive ever heard. Every performance blows me away. Cant believe hes only 18.

Technically speaking, Melanie's not all that amazing of a singer. Pretty small range compared to the other female vocalists left, but she is very unique. If it were up to me, I think Amanda Brown and Bryan are stronger vocalists, have a better chance of winning and should move on.

Qadriyyah 11/13/12 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 115366632)
You understand that there aren't even close to enough Hey Monday fans to swing this thing, right?

This isn't Yao Ming, where all of China votes to make him an all-star. Hey Monday had a following, but this is national television we're talking about.


I believe that although the show has a lot of viewer s not many of them actually vote. The people who have followed her before and the ATL kids who probably don't even watch they vote because the guys tweeted asking them too can give her an advantage over other contestants.

herestoyoufla 11/13/12 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 115371062)
In my opinion, if anybody should win the show "by miles", it should be Trevin. dude is one of the best vocalists Ive ever heard. Every performance blows me away. Cant believe hes only 18.

Technically speaking, Melanie's not all that amazing of a singer. Pretty small range compared to the other female vocalists left, but she is very unique. If it were up to me, I think Amanda Brown and Bryan are stronger vocalists, have a better chance of winning and should move on.

Totally agree with this. He's one of the best i've ever, ever heard. If we're going off who has the best voice, i'd say Trevin and Amanda Brown are at the top for sure.

My favourite however, is Nicholas. The man has such swagger, haha. Very unique.

Jack Appleby 11/13/12 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qadriyyah (Post 115371332)
I believe that although the show has a lot of viewer s not many of them actually vote. The people who have followed her before and the ATL kids who probably don't even watch they vote because the guys tweeted asking them too can give her an advantage over other contestants.


That's a whole lot of assumptions, most of which seem pretty unfounded.

Playsw/Squirels 11/13/12 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herestoyoufla (Post 115371412)
Totally agree with this. He's one of the best i've ever, ever heard. If we're going off who has the best voice, i'd say Trevin and Amanda Brown are at the top for sure.

My favourite however, is Nicholas. The man has such swagger, haha. Very unique.

He really does. I dont think hell win, but I cant wait till he comes out with an album. Really I think this year has been the best year of the voice. Nicholas, Melanie, Avery (already off the show), Amanda, Trevin, Bryan etc I can see having solid careers.

I think Sylvia's performance of My Heart Will Go On yesterday was underrated (dangerous word to use on here but I think it was). She was off pitch a couple times and was shakey on her runs, but damn thats one of the hardest songs to sing and she did fantastic. Even went higher than the original went on "We'll stay" with an 'F' and great run. Tryin to show up Celine Dion? yea that takes some balls.

With that said Cassadee, although didn't think her performance was perfect, still did a great job and nailed that high Gb. I understand her tone is kind of shrill, but shes still a great vocalist.

Fringe 11/13/12 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Keller. (Post 115369082)
Melanie Martinez still has my vote to win by a mile. Cassadee hasn't sounded that great on any of her songs, really. Though I love ATL, their fans are honestly probably the only thing keeping her afloat at this point. And quit with the damn fake guitar, almost everyone knows the contestants barely ever actually play them.


Just throwing this out there, but Melanie has by far and long the weakest voice in the competition. Sure her tone is unique and cool, but she always goes quiet for the high notes and usually plays it pretty safe; paired with the fact she didn't get enough votes to get into the next live round and had to be saved by Adam, I have a feeling she won't be around too much longer.

herestoyoufla 11/13/12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 115372052)
He really does. I dont think hell win, but I cant wait till he comes out with an album. Really I think this year has been the best year of the voice. Nicholas, Melanie, Avery (already off the show), Amanda, Trevin, Bryan etc I can see having solid careers.

I think Sylvia's performance of My Heart Will Go On yesterday was underrated (dangerous word to use on here but I think it was). She was off pitch a couple times and was shakey on her runs, but damn thats one of the hardest songs to sing and she did fantastic. Even went higher than the original went on "We'll stay" with an 'F' and great run. Tryin to show up Celine Dion? yea that takes some balls.

With that said Cassadee, although didn't think her performance was perfect, still did a great job and nailed that high Gb. I understand her tone is kind of shrill, but shes still a great vocalist.


Yeah Cassadee needs to make sure to pick songs that stay in her upper register. Her lower register is pretty shaky.

It's kind of a shame, because the show is supposed to be "The Voice" but i still don't see people like Trevin or Nicholas winning. I hope the show proves me wrong though. The problem is that looks obviously still factor into the show somewhat.

Playsw/Squirels 11/13/12 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herestoyoufla (Post 115372762)
Yeah Cassadee needs to make sure to pick songs that stay in her upper register. Her lower register is pretty shaky.

It's kind of a shame, because the show is supposed to be "The Voice" but i still don't see people like Trevin or Nicholas winning. I hope the show proves me wrong though. The problem is that looks obviously still factor into the show somewhat.

Very True. Dez in no way should be this far. So many others that were better than him. I dont know how eliminations work in the future rounds, but if Dez makes it any further, which he most likely will, it kind of sucks. Sylvia or Adriana deserve to represent their team way more.

Edit: and if he wins the show should be cancelled.

herestoyoufla 11/13/12 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 115373362)
Very True. Dez in no way should be this far. So many others that were better than him. I dont know how eliminations work in the future rounds, but if Dez makes it any further, which he most likely will, it kind of sucks. Sylvia or Adriana deserve to represent their team way more.

Yeah, i'm a little biased cause i just don't really like that form of singing, haha. That christina aguilera type of singing with all of the vocal flourishes just isn't for me. Not to say i think people are bad singers when they sing like that. Christina Aguilera is obviously one of the best singers in the world. It's just not what i like to listen to.

trevorshmevor 11/13/12 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fringe (Post 115372522)
Just throwing this out there, but Melanie has by far and long the weakest voice in the competition. Sure her tone is unique and cool, but she always goes quiet for the high notes and usually plays it pretty safe


Completely agree, I'm beyond surprised that she's gotten this far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by herestoyoufla (Post 115372762)
Yeah Cassadee needs to make sure to pick songs that stay in her upper register. Her lower register is pretty shaky.

It's kind of a shame, because the show is supposed to be "The Voice" but i still don't see people like Trevin or Nicholas winning. I hope the show proves me wrong though. The problem is that looks obviously still factor into the show somewhat.


I agree with all of this as well, Dez being the main culprit here. Hopefully the competitors that lose due to this pehnomenon keep pushing with their careers after the show... Trevin is just the kind of guy that I want to see success for.

bduke13 11/13/12 02:47 PM

She shouldn't be singing songs by vocalists that are way more talented than she is. Her version did nothing for me

OpenIntro 11/13/12 03:50 PM

While she is doing well in the competition, she doesn't really hold a candle to what Juliette Simms did last season.

That being said, Cassadee has a lot of big names tweeting and posting to FB for her....it seems like this support could probably get her at LEAST to the finale.

guitarguy211 11/13/12 05:21 PM

I thought that was a pretty good performance. Song choice wasn't a perfect fit, but it's definitely in the style she's going for. And that power note sold me.

NationalProduct 11/13/12 05:41 PM

lower register is not her strong point but she murders those high notes

Helen Keller. 11/13/12 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fringe (Post 115372522)
Just throwing this out there, but Melanie has by far and long the weakest voice in the competition. Sure her tone is unique and cool, but she always goes quiet for the high notes and usually plays it pretty safe; paired with the fact she didn't get enough votes to get into the next live round and had to be saved by Adam, I have a feeling she won't be around too much longer.

For me, I think she's better just because her voice is so much different. The problem I've always had with the Voice is that they almost encourage oversinging, whereas Idol encourages undersinging. I like Trevin and think he has a great voice (I'm not gonna dispute that he won last night with that performance), but I think in terms of pushing boundaries and uniqueness, Melanie is a better choice. (The Trevin thing is in response to whoever mentioned it earlier, I can't figure out how Multi-quote works.)

MATTY-AL4W 11/13/12 06:48 PM

amazing!!! she better win!

boomer08 11/13/12 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MATTY-AL4W (Post 115385622)
amazing!!! she better win!

I think it's about time for a new AL4W record. What do you think?

bobsheiskawy 11/13/12 10:03 PM

the "big" note was my least favorite part of the performance.

stuckonsmile 11/14/12 11:01 AM

My favorite is Cody. He blows his songs out of the water! I want him to be in the final two.

herestoyoufla 11/14/12 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckonsmile (Post 115404072)
My favorite is Cody. He blows his songs out of the water! I want him to be in the final two.

Have you not heard Trevin, Amanda, or Nicholas?

kbomb001 11/14/12 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115364402)
She gets my vote for the sexiest girl in the scene.

not even, but, she bad, doe

TravisSaidSo 11/15/12 12:48 AM

Damn she's cute

stuckonsmile 11/17/12 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herestoyoufla (Post 115404132)
Have you not heard Trevin, Amanda, or Nicholas?

Yeah but i am imagining whose album I would actually want to hear.
Trevin: seems like another Ruben Studdard situation/lacks creativity.
Nicholas: I liked him best when he did "Girl put your record on."
Amanda: I think I could really did an album she put out.

But Cody writes his own songs ALREADY. I want to hear what his album would be.