AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: I Call Fives Cover Song (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2953182)

Christian Wagner 11/15/12 05:31 AM

ABSOLUTExclusive: I Call Fives Cover Song
 
Today we're premiering I Call Fives' cover of "It's Something" from A Tribute To The Movielife which is coming out on Pacific Ridge Records. The NJ pop-punk act joins other names such as Shane Henderson, Bright & Early, Onelinedrawing, This Time Next Year, and more who have contributed to the compilation. Head to the band's AP.net profile to listen and leave your thoughts in the replies.

kidinthebushes 11/15/12 06:07 AM

I forgot all about this compilation.

GetUpAndrew 11/15/12 06:29 AM

That's Outrageous in a Movielife tribute album?

However, the I Call Fives' cover sounds pretty cool. Personally, I can't wait to check out the Shane Henderson's one.

ACA 11/15/12 06:33 AM

Holly Hox and the Forget Me Nots- Taking It Out and Chopping It Up
Such Gold- I Hope You Die Soon/10 Seconds too Late
A Loss For Words- Face or Kneecaps
Nowhere Fast- Hey
California- Walking on Glass
Last Minute Letter- Jamestown
Jeff Boyd- Kelly Song
Late Nite Wars- You and Me Vs. Them
The Stereo State- Single White Female
The Kids United- Once in a Row
Dylan Massucco- Operate
Last Minute Letter- Sailor Tattoos
All Star Me- Up to Me
Project: Icarus- This Time Next Year
Museums- If Only Duct Tape Could Fix Everything
Ehren Smith- Keep Never Changing
Nowhere Fast- Ship to Shore
Sangrea Sunrise- Maybe It's Nothing

This one had some quality, like Such Gold.

PerfectChaos337 11/15/12 06:37 AM

This is awesome. IC5s did a great job on this song. Probably going to be one of the better covers on this tribute.

Alex DiVincenzo 11/15/12 06:58 AM

Sounds awesome. No surprise there.

Avalanche1 11/15/12 07:16 AM

I feel like This Time Next Year should have covered the song they are named after.

Also no If Only Duct Tape Could Fix Everything? That's my favorite Movielife song.

nickthehick2 11/15/12 07:46 AM

I saw these guys the other day and they were the best! The singer was even gonna help me sneak upstairs to see sold out All Time Low until I just did it myself.

How's the A Loss For Words cover?

poppunkwayo 11/15/12 08:33 AM

Freshman 15 covered hand grenade, they were recording it in my living room a long ass time ago, i forgot about this too. also i find it odd that TTNY didn't cover a song from the album they named their band after.

poppunkwayo 11/15/12 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche1 (Post 115430192)
I feel like This Time Next Year should have covered the song they are named after.

Also no If Only Duct Tape Could Fix Everything? That's my favorite Movielife song.

same here, that song always gets stuck in my head, same with operate.

4thQuarterMatt 11/15/12 09:30 AM

My band Fourth Quarter Comeback covered "single white female" for this compilation featuring AJ Perdomo. Hope you guys give it a spin!

Jaytothesyg 11/15/12 09:54 AM

Pretty good, Cool to see Mace Ballard on here!

ConcertFreak 11/15/12 10:30 AM

These guys rule!

guitarguy211 11/15/12 11:09 AM

I Call Fives sounded great as usual.

Never actually listened to the Movielife...may have go back and check the originals out now.

Also excited to hear the covers by Farewell Fighter and Young London.

poppunkwayo 11/15/12 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115435832)
I Call Fives sounded great as usual.

Never actually listened to the Movielife...may have go back and check the originals out now.

Also excited to hear the covers by Farewell Fighter and Young London.

listen & watch

an0n 11/15/12 11:36 AM

Awesome seeing onelinedrawing on this comp, I remember going to see the Movielife with onelinedrawing at the Norva maaaaaany years ago. After the show Jonah came outside and took requests and played five or six more songs out on the sidewalk. I'll never forget it.

Paris1nFlames 11/15/12 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an0n (Post 115436712)
Awesome seeing onelinedrawing on this comp, I remember going to see the Movielife with onelinedrawing at the Norva maaaaaany years ago. After the show Jonah came outside and took requests and played five or six more songs out on the sidewalk. I'll never forget it.

Was it the tour with a static lullaby? I saw that show in Philly and senses fail get added to open right after signing to drive thru, even before drive thru released the ep

Paris1nFlames 11/15/12 12:03 PM

I really wanna listen, but have to wait til I get to a desktop :(

YOUAREtehSCENE 11/15/12 12:39 PM

I love ICF's singers voice.

an0n 11/15/12 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris1nFlames (Post 115437692)
Was it the tour with a static lullaby? I saw that show in Philly and senses fail get added to open right after signing to drive thru, even before drive thru released the ep

Yup! That's the one. And some really terrible band called The Scraps and the Heart Attacks or something like that. So bad, maybe it was just an off night for them.. but the fact that I still remember how bad they were says a lot, ha.

steve187 11/15/12 12:59 PM

why is that's outrageous on this

nickthehick2 11/15/12 01:03 PM

Great cover

duritzfan13 11/15/12 01:06 PM

Cool cover. One of my favorite Movielife songs.

The_Effort 11/15/12 01:19 PM

Oh man a movielife tribute album? This should be fun to hear! One of my favorite bands of all time.

Adam_was_Here 11/15/12 01:23 PM

Museums? Jesus christ, I played drums for that band years ago. They broke up in like... '09 or '10 i think haha

Paris1nFlames 11/15/12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an0n (Post 115439472)
Yup! That's the one. And some really terrible band called The Scraps and the Heart Attacks or something like that. So bad, maybe it was just an off night for them.. but the fact that I still remember how bad they were says a lot, ha.


That was one of my favorite shows of all time... someone was yelling stuff at Jonah and then he got the crowd to yell stuff at the heckler. Haha
That terrible band didn't play, our opener was just senses fail

an0n 11/15/12 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris1nFlames (Post 115441632)
That was one of my favorite shows of all time... someone was yelling stuff at Jonah and then he got the crowd to yell stuff at the heckler. Haha
That terrible band didn't play, our opener was just senses fail

yeah, people heckled him at the show i went to as well. I did yell at Jonah, but I yelled/asked him to play Be Quite and Drive (Deftones)... and he did! and thanked me from the stage for asking him to play it, he said it felt good to sing that song again. I was on cloud nine for days after haha

guitarguy211 11/15/12 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppunkwayo (Post 115436212)
listen & watch

Hmm not too bad. Not a huge fan of Vinnie Caruana's voice though (that is him, right?). And didn't Eddie Reyes used to be in this band?

CBKRP 11/15/12 05:00 PM

I Call Fives can do no wrong

irthesteve 11/15/12 06:13 PM

wait, This Time Next Year are NOT covering This Time Next Year? wtfffff

Bryan Mac 11/15/12 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an0n (Post 115439472)
Yup! That's the one. And some really terrible band called The Scraps and the Heart Attacks or something like that. So bad, maybe it was just an off night for them.. but the fact that I still remember how bad they were says a lot, ha.


Scraps and Heart Attacks was one of the best hardcore bands. Watch your tongue.
The dude who sang in that band now sings in This Is Hell. He's The Movielife's guitarist's brother.

poppunkwayo 11/17/12 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115444692)
Hmm not too bad. Not a huge fan of Vinnie Caruana's voice though (that is him, right?). And didn't Eddie Reyes used to be in this band?

yeah he was before tbs

an0n 11/18/12 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 115459422)
Scraps and Heart Attacks was one of the best hardcore bands. Watch your tongue.
The dude who sang in that band now sings in This Is Hell. He's The Movielife's guitarist's brother.

Only explanation is that they had an off night then, because it was undoubtedly horrible and that was the overall consensus in the room too.

Bryan Mac 11/18/12 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 115444692)
Hmm not too bad. Not a huge fan of Vinnie Caruana's voice though (that is him, right?). And didn't Eddie Reyes used to be in this band?


Eddie STARTED The Movielife.

guitarguy211 11/19/12 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 115546222)
Eddie STARTED The Movielife.

Like I said, I know next to nothing about them...just the little bits and pieces I'd picked up here and there.

KenFleet 11/21/12 12:28 AM

Is it weird that I can't even remember what our cover sounds like cause it's been A YEAR SINCE WE RECORDED / SUBMITTED IT?

Glad this is finally coming out. Can't wait to hear everyone's contributions.