AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  General (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
  -  Do you use your phone during movies? [Tech Roundup] (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2955782)

CyberInferno 11/17/12 09:43 PM

Do you use your phone during movies? [Tech Roundup]

Cinemark is releasing an app that will reward people for leaving their phones alone during movies.

So time to come clean...do you use your phone during movies?

This poll is in conjunction with this week's Technology Round-up (it's baaaaaaaaack).

majinsharingan 11/17/12 10:19 PM

I usually send a text or two. But that's because I go to the cheap theater that shows the movies that have been out for months so there's hardly anyone ever there.

MADSTA 11/18/12 06:54 AM

I always lose service in my theatre so I can't even if I wanted to.

movingxpictures 11/18/12 08:49 AM

Usually no, but occasionally if I know someone is trying to get a hold of me, I'll shoot them a quick text at the very beginning of the movie and then leave my phone alone.

ChaseTx 11/18/12 11:57 AM

I might check the time, or see who's texting me, but usually no more than that.

Neo Cassady 11/18/12 06:56 PM

If you can't wait 2 hours to check your phone, don't go to the movies.

11:11 11/18/12 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseTx (Post 115522142)
I might check the time, or see who's texting me, but usually no more than that.

Pretty much. I don't pull it out and look at it, I mostly just slide it to the edge of my pocket, look at the time, and then slide it back in.

surette 11/19/12 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo Cassady (Post 115541952)
If you can't wait 2 hours to check your phone, don't go to the movies.

Yes. Can't stand people talking or texting during movies.

Anthony Sorendino 11/20/12 09:20 AM

Might check it once or twice during a dull part in the movie. If the movie is particularly gripping, I'll forget that my phone is there (and the movie is doing exactly what it's supposed to do).

iamthealex 11/23/12 01:03 PM

I try to make a point not to, but if there's noone else in the theater I'll do it.

Ismael182 11/23/12 07:26 PM

No, unless I get a text or a call. I'll check to see who it is and then leave it alone and wait until the movie is over to reply back (Unless it's important)

InfiniteArms 11/26/12 05:42 PM

Just to check the time, and I check to see who it is if I get a text message

suicidesaints 11/28/12 01:03 PM

I think people who text or use their phone during a movie are douchebags

That being said, if I receive a VOICEMAIL or text, I might step out of the theater to check and make sure it's not an emergency... unless it's a packed theater, then I'll ignore it

Star Slight 11/30/12 12:25 PM

In a theater, no. At home i do

DylanPPPP 12/02/12 07:31 PM

Not normally. I may check it once or twice but even if I get something I wait until after the movie is over to respond. When people bring up their phones and text throughout the movie it's really distracting and inconsiderate to the other viewers.