AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Bring Me The Horizon To Play All of Warped Tour in 2013 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2957862)

Keagan Ilvonen 11/19/12 05:40 PM

Bring Me The Horizon To Play All of Warped Tour in 2013
 
Bring Me The Horizon will play all of Warped Tour next year. Head to the replies to watch a video of Kevin Lyman confirming it.

Submitted by Niko John

Keagan Ilvonen 11/19/12 05:40 PM


StephenYoung 11/19/12 05:49 PM

Weird. Figured they would have wanted to distance themselves from that scene.
Anyways, cool, because that's one of the only ways I'd justify the price to see BMTH.

Coverbydesign 11/19/12 05:52 PM

Hmmmmmm..okay I guess

harveyn590 11/19/12 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 115581352)
Weird. Figured they would have wanted to distance themselves from that scene.
Anyways, cool, because that's one of the only ways I'd justify the price to see BMTH.

who would distance from who?

BringdowN 11/19/12 06:13 PM

I don't mind that at all, haven't seen them since 2010. I'm pretty excited by what I've heard of their new stuff so far

EndlessPrisoner 11/19/12 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harveyn590 (Post 115581552)
who would distance from who?

BMTH and the warped/scenecore scene.

CastlesXClouds 11/19/12 06:41 PM

should be rad. mega stoked on the new album theyre gonna put out. last one was great.

subplotofcrows 11/19/12 06:45 PM

Really stoked.

Deartragedy88 11/19/12 07:22 PM

I will definitely avoid their set. I saw them once and it was an awful show.

Alex DiVincenzo 11/19/12 07:32 PM

Good draw I suppose

AlexHuffman 11/19/12 07:37 PM

There are a couple bands that were on the Monster stage that will be on Main this year. No big surprises haha.

ghelms88 11/19/12 07:43 PM

Good for them. I'll probably end up seeing them.

bobsheiskawy 11/19/12 07:44 PM

can't wait to see the warped lineup. last year was the best warped i've been to.

Djentleman 11/19/12 07:53 PM

awful start to the band announcements

ARo2431 11/19/12 08:18 PM

Good start for next year.

StephenYoung 11/19/12 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harveyn590 (Post 115581552)
who would distance from who?

BMTH from the warped tour scene.

Mister Lyrical 11/19/12 08:35 PM

He also implied in the video that there were a couple bands that were on the UK date, will be on the 2013 tour.

kidinthebushes 11/19/12 08:37 PM

This year looks to be much heavier than 2011...unfortunately.

xjdizzle 11/19/12 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115589292)
This year looks to be much heavier than 2011...unfortunately.

It's a shame most heavy bands that get put on Warped really suck! Rise to Remain was a good addition last year though.. Other than that it's the same regurgitated metalcore full of chugga and breakdowns plus dubstep or whatever the hell they do now.

Stouffs 11/19/12 09:25 PM

I may of missed it but I'm not sure if he said anything about BMTH?

harveyn590 11/19/12 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115582952)
BMTH and the warped/scenecore scene.


Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 115588762)
BMTH from the warped tour scene.


but I dont get it, why would BMTH distance themselves from Warped tour? What other scene could they possibly cross over into? How could Warped hurt them?

kidinthebushes 11/19/12 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meech (Post 115590722)
I'm cool with heavy but it has to be good heavy, not fangirl/brocore chugga heavy. That being said I really hope their are some great pop punk and alt rock bands this year as well. I love a balanced lineup.


I don't like how Warped has turned into the NCAA for Mayhem. Bands like Asking Alexandria and Suicide Silence play Warped hoping to get 'drafted' into Mayhem.

EndlessPrisoner 11/19/12 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harveyn590 (Post 115590902)
but I dont get it, why would BMTH distance themselves from Warped tour? What other scene could they possibly cross over into? How could Warped hurt them?

because they really aren't a scenecore band anymore. not even close.

xBranx 11/19/12 09:54 PM

There are some solid heavy bands on this year.

StepsInADance 11/19/12 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115591352)
because they really aren't a scenecore band anymore. not even close.

Neither are Every Time I Die, Underoath, etc... It's not like only scenecore bands (dumb term btw) can play warped. That's really the only crowd that's gonna take them in.

Eraux 11/19/12 10:16 PM

i would love to work for lyman.

cowlord 11/19/12 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115591352)
because they really aren't a scenecore band anymore. not even close.


Even if that was true, they're still immensely popular in the scene...so...

For the record I am a BMTH fan.

Ryan Gardner 11/19/12 10:56 PM

Excited to see them

harveyn590 11/19/12 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 115591352)
because they really aren't a scenecore band anymore. not even close.

ok admittedly I havent listened to them recently. But then what tour should they do? what bands do they tour with? what fans would latch onto them?

The only answer i see is Warped tour. Its not like theyll ever play Coachella or Lollapalooza, or tour with the 'cooler' metal bands ala Converge.

StephenYoung 11/19/12 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepsInADance (Post 115591692)
Neither are Every Time I Die, Underoath, etc... It's not like only scenecore bands (dumb term btw) can play warped. That's really the only crowd that's gonna take them in.

Yeah, but ETID and Underoath can't/couldn't draw for shit. These are bands that went from playing to '0000s every night to '000s and Warped is/was a good way for them to still play to huge crowds. BMTH on the other hand are more or less at the top of their popularity AND they're apparently going for a new sound. I woulda thought that they'd wanna have a huge headliner where they could have a show with all the theatrics and pick specific openers and kinda go all out, especially considering they've been more or less under the radar for the last year or so.

I can't complain because like I said, this might be the only time I'd pay the ticket price to see this band, but I mean, I was under the impression that BMTH were trying to distance themselves and do their own shit.

StephenYoung 11/19/12 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harveyn590 (Post 115592642)
ok admittedly I havent listened to them recently. But then what tour should they do? what bands do they tour with? what fans would latch onto them?

The only answer i see is Warped tour. Its not like theyll ever play Coachella or Lollapalooza, or tour with the 'cooler' metal bands ala Converge.

I'm sure BMTH has/will offer Converge an opening spot on a tour, but I'm also positive that Converge would turn that down. If we're talking about supporting tours, I could see them opening for Linkin Park or Slipknot, or Maiden, one of the arena-metal bands. For openers, I'd imagine they'd bring out the other "bigger" numetalcore bands like Parkway, TDWP, Pierce the Veil or whatever.


Also KAZI, BMTH is still scene haha any change will be purely image, and maybe some atmospheric synths to make it "post rock".

currydots 11/19/12 11:09 PM

i wanted this band to be in the line up :'(

StepsInADance 11/19/12 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 115592762)
Yeah, but ETID and Underoath can't/couldn't draw for shit. These are bands that went from playing to '0000s every night to '000s and Warped is/was a good way for them to still play to huge crowds. BMTH on the other hand are more or less at the top of their popularity AND they're apparently going for a new sound. I woulda thought that they'd wanna have a huge headliner where they could have a show with all the theatrics and pick specific openers and kinda go all out, especially considering they've been more or less under the radar for the last year or so.

I can't complain because like I said, this might be the only time I'd pay the ticket price to see this band, but I mean, I was under the impression that BMTH were trying to distance themselves and do their own shit.

Opting to do a big headlining tour over Warped isn't the same as distancing yourself from the warped scene. The people who would attend their headliner are the same people (for the most part) who would attend next year's Warped. Aside from their popularity increasing their fanbase is still essentially the same, their sound is still one that fits really well with the Warped scene.

kidinthebushes 11/19/12 11:14 PM

The following are bands I've come up with who are pretty much playing Warped:

August Burns Red (Main Stage)
Bring Me The Horizon (Main Stage)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Enter Shikari (Main Stage)
Forever Came Calling
Hawthorne Heights
I See Stars
Issues
letlive.
Like Moths To Flames
Memphis May Fire (Main Stage)
Middle Finger Salute
Motion City Soundtrack
No Bragging Rights
Sleeping With Sirens (Main Stage)
Stick To Your Guns
The Acacia Strain
The Story So Far
The Used (Main Stage)
Veil of Maya
We Came As Romans (Main Stage)

wtfjaked 11/19/12 11:42 PM

As much as I loved their last album, I will not be seeing them. Saw them once and it was such a shitty performance it was unreal.

Born_For_This 11/20/12 01:27 AM

Every time I've seen these guys, they have killed it.

moneymaker. 11/20/12 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deartragedy88 (Post 115585082)
I will definitely avoid their set. I saw them once and it was an awful show.

whatttt

moneymaker. 11/20/12 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfjaked (Post 115593512)
As much as I loved their last album, I will not be seeing them. Saw them once and it was such a shitty performance it was unreal.

yeah right mr. balloon hands

moneymaker. 11/20/12 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born_For_This (Post 115594932)
Every time I've seen these guys, they have killed it.

this.

Scrawns 11/20/12 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115592972)
The following are bands I've come up with who are pretty much playing Warped:

August Burns Red (Main Stage)
Bring Me The Horizon (Main Stage)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Enter Shikari (Main Stage)
Forever Came Calling
Hawthorne Heights
I See Stars
Issues
letlive.
Like Moths To Flames
Memphis May Fire (Main Stage)
Middle Finger Salute
Motion City Soundtrack
No Bragging Rights
Sleeping With Sirens (Main Stage)
Stick To Your Guns
The Acacia Strain
The Story So Far
The Used (Main Stage)
Veil of Maya
We Came As Romans (Main Stage)

if this is true then it is shaping up to be a pretty good year so far.

NewAgeofHorus 11/20/12 03:45 AM

i'm okay with this. If only they played a set with just songs from There Is A Hell.... and their new one, which sounds promising.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't want to try something new instead of Warped though.

NewAgeofHorus 11/20/12 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHuffman (Post 115585882)
There are a couple bands that were on the Monster stage that will be on Main this year. No big surprises haha.

I'm guessing For Today & Sleeping With Sirens. I want to say Title Fight but I doubt it. ):

NewAgeofHorus 11/20/12 03:49 AM

I wish Kevin would get bands like Trash Talk, Defeater, Mountain Main, etc. to play, they can probably do well on Warped.

I'm still waiting for the "heavy" band list to include Cattle Decapitation.

PunkRawkStitch 11/20/12 04:40 AM

well there goes my hope for NOFX and Pennywise for Main Stage. Warped is a joke now.

blackmold 11/20/12 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkRawkStitch (Post 115596292)
well there goes my hope for NOFX and Pennywise for Main Stage. Warped is a joke now.


There's one in every Warped thread. You're so punk, man, keep it up.

CheckeredFloors 11/20/12 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meech (Post 115590722)
I'm cool with heavy but it has to be good heavy, not fangirl/brocore chugga heavy. That being said I really hope their are some great pop punk and alt rock bands this year as well. I love a balanced lineup.


I love you Meech.

CheckeredFloors 11/20/12 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115592972)
The following are bands I've come up with who are pretty much playing Warped:

August Burns Red (Main Stage)
Bring Me The Horizon (Main Stage)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Enter Shikari (Main Stage)
Forever Came Calling
Hawthorne Heights
I See Stars
Issues
letlive.
Like Moths To Flames
Memphis May Fire (Main Stage)
Middle Finger Salute
Motion City Soundtrack
No Bragging Rights
Sleeping With Sirens (Main Stage)
Stick To Your Guns
The Acacia Strain
The Story So Far
The Used (Main Stage)
Veil of Maya
We Came As Romans (Main Stage)


I love you kidinthebushes and I still can't believe that you're 26.

ThereWeWere 11/20/12 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115592972)
The following are bands I've come up with who are pretty much playing Warped:

August Burns Red (Main Stage)
Bring Me The Horizon (Main Stage)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Enter Shikari (Main Stage)
Forever Came Calling
Hawthorne Heights
I See Stars
Issues
letlive.
Like Moths To Flames
Memphis May Fire (Main Stage)
Middle Finger Salute
Motion City Soundtrack
No Bragging Rights
Sleeping With Sirens (Main Stage)
Stick To Your Guns
The Acacia Strain
The Story So Far
The Used (Main Stage)
Veil of Maya
We Came As Romans (Main Stage)

I think this list is solid, the only one i dont think that will be there is Issues. I see them on like a Scream It Like You Mean it this year. I would add woe is me

kidinthebushes 11/20/12 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckeredFloors (Post 115596552)
I love you kidinthebushes and I still can't believe that you're 26.

Source?