AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Cassadee Pope's Performance on The Voice [Video] (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2958062)

Joe DeAndrea 11/19/12 11:54 PM

Cassadee Pope's Performance on The Voice [Video]

Cassadee Pope's performance from tonight's episode of The Voice can be seen in the replies. The song can also be purchased on iTunes where it's currently sitting at #1 on the charts.

Joe DeAndrea 11/19/12 11:54 PM

.dot 11/19/12 11:59 PM

Great to hear her sing a softer song. No way she passes Gangnam Style on the charts.

EDIT: Well never mind.

Joe DeAndrea 11/20/12 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .dot (Post 115592682)
Great to hear her sing a softer song. No way she passes Gangnam Style on the charts.

she did.

Jenajena 11/20/12 12:06 AM

Well that was pretty perfect. I'm glad she's still on the show. I knew about her, Lisa Scinta, Joe K, and Jordan Pruitt before The Voice, and I thought she'd be the first to go. But now she's the only one left out if the 4. I hope she makes it to the end.

kidinthebushes 11/20/12 12:12 AM

Those tattoos on her wrist look extra trashy with that dress on.

She better not be fucking around with Blake Shelton either.

Helen Keller. 11/20/12 12:13 AM

Before tonight (and to an extent, I still do), I thought that the support of the pop punk community was the only thing keeping her afloat in the competition (by that I mean the tweets of support from bands with thousands of followers, such as ATL and Yellowcard). But hot damn, that was good. By far her best so far.

Takuto 11/20/12 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Keller. (Post 115592932)
Before tonight (and to an extent, I still do), I thought that the support of the pop punk community was the only thing keeping her afloat in the competition (by that I mean the tweets of support from bands with thousands of followers, such as ATL and Yellowcard). But hot damn, that was good. By far her best so far.

Same with me. All of her performances on The Voice have been mediocre, but Over You was a perfect choice. But with the trend of former scene girls on The Voice, she'll probably be runner up.

karadoll 11/20/12 12:16 AM

This sounded really good.

Jason Tate 11/20/12 12:18 AM

This is the "Big Bang Theory" of reality TV.

Helen Keller. 11/20/12 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takuto (Post 115592992)
Same with me. All of her performances on The Voice have been mediocre, but Over You was a perfect choice. But with the trend of former scene girls on The Voice, she'll probably be runner up.

Honestly, I don't understand the fascination with the "scene" on The Voice recently. It's funny to me because it's almost entirely based on their looks with their song choices being decidedly mainstream, on a show where supposedly image is not important. I'm still irritated with the lack of a far-reaching selection of songs on The Voice, though it's starting to get better (for instance, I'm stunned Young the Giant was performed, and well at that). I doubt she'll win, but I still consider Melanie the most interesting, and one of the best in that she doesn't have to have a ridiculously overpowering voice to stand out.

Manufactured Dreams 11/20/12 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 115593122)

:lol:

Cody Nelson 11/20/12 12:29 AM

Still can't wait for her to get second place behind a black guy.

bobby runs 11/20/12 12:50 AM

Her best performance on the show.

Mattylikesfilms 11/20/12 12:55 AM

Good for her.

Jenajena 11/20/12 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody Nelson (Post 115593382)

Haha is there even a black guy still? Oh wait Trevin Hunt. Man, he's boring. I could see her losing to Nicholas David though. Terry McDermott is pretty good too.

punchlinekid182 11/20/12 01:02 AM

she's perfect.

Keagan Ilvonen 11/20/12 01:26 AM

Can someone make me a gif of Blake? I need that in my life.

kianacarly 11/20/12 01:26 AM

She did good, but I still hate the sound of her voice so I want her kicked off. Cody, Dez, Terry, and Amanda all did great this week, and I actually voted for them lol. I know lots of people hate Dez, but he's not bad

This was legit the only week Cassadee has even lived up to some of her hype. She has been mediocre otherwise, but always gets heaps of praise. idgi. But I will give props and say that even though I don't like her, she did very good this round.

mattregan 11/20/12 01:28 AM

She's going to win!

The Gunz Show 11/20/12 01:40 AM

solid performance. been voting for her.

- Gunz

kianacarly 11/20/12 01:50 AM

Aw, poor Cody is so low on the iTunes charts. Vocally his performance was pretty weak, and I hated him up until this performance, but I'm a fan now. His performance skills slayed all of the others. He is so likable, and unlike all the others he's not predictable and actually surprises me every week. None of the others do, even my other faves in the competition. but omg at Cassadee being number one right now. That's pretty cool for her even if it should be Amanda

trevorshmevor 11/20/12 02:24 AM

This was her best performance on this show by a long shot. I'm glad she's made it this far, because at this point even she doesn't win, she'll still be around for a while. She's undoubtedly picked up a large mainstream fanbase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody Nelson (Post 115593382)

What the hell is this even supposed to mean?

NationalProduct 11/20/12 02:42 AM

she sounded beautiful

Cody Nelson 11/20/12 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorshmevor (Post 115594862)
This was her best performance on this show by a long shot. I'm glad she's made it this far, because at this point even she doesn't win, she'll still be around for a while. She's undoubtedly picked up a large mainstream fanbase.

What the hell is this even supposed to mean?

Female singers of semi-established pop/rock bands have come in second to black guys the first two seasons of the show.

trevorshmevor 11/20/12 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody Nelson (Post 115595272)
Female singers of semi-established pop/rock bands have come in second to black guys the first two seasons of the show.

Haha, for real? I haven't watched the show prior to this season, but shit, that would be pretty funny.

Cody Nelson 11/20/12 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorshmevor (Post 115595652)
Haha, for real? I haven't watched the show prior to this season, but shit, that would be pretty funny.

Yeah, man, it's hilarious. I made a joke awhile back about being surprised at the ratings being so high when we all know how it's gonna end.

kismet 11/20/12 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianacarly (Post 115594322)
She did good, but I still hate the sound of her voice so I want her kicked off. Cody, Dez, Terry, and Amanda all did great this week, and I actually voted for them lol. I know lots of people hate Dez, but he's not bad

This was legit the only week Cassadee has even lived up to some of her hype. She has been mediocre otherwise, but always gets heaps of praise. idgi. But I will give props and say that even though I don't like her, she did very good this round.

All of this.

jimmyeatsboys 11/20/12 06:40 AM

Quote:

woooow, i never thought of it that way...

spezialk 11/20/12 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenajena (Post 115593982)
Haha is there even a black guy still? Oh wait Trevin Hunt. Man, he's boring. I could see her losing to Nicholas David though. Terry McDermott is pretty good too.

I'm putting my money on a terry/cassadee showdown in the finals.

She really killed it last night.

herestoyoufla 11/20/12 07:16 AM

Easily her best performance yet. She killed it.

blimpcityhero11 11/20/12 07:19 AM

She definitely killed it last night. Those iTunes purchases are huge due to the structure of the voting system.

warpedFr3ak 11/20/12 07:32 AM

Wow Blake Shelton completely eye fucked the shit out of her

Matt Chylak 11/20/12 07:49 AM

looks like Cassadee's making it to the next round. good for her.

WasteSomeTime 11/20/12 08:12 AM

People want to hate her for no reason....she is one of the best hearted people out there making music

spokenword 11/20/12 08:14 AM

Good performance, but honestly, Melanie Martinez needs to win this

fbrrocks 11/20/12 08:20 AM

it was amazing she better win

CTRL+ALT+DANCE 11/20/12 08:41 AM

Never watched the show but how is it that she can do the competition with already being an "established" singer?
I have heard that other people have been on the show from other outlets (like that one woman who was on Idol years back). Is that fair?

fallfromgrace85 11/20/12 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTRL+ALT+DANCE (Post 115599132)
Never watched the show but how is it that she can do the competition with already being an "established" singer?
I have heard that other people have been on the show from other outlets (like that one woman who was on Idol years back). Is that fair?

It has been explained multiple times in other threads. But. This show allows for individuals with experience - ie, back-up singers, old boy band members - to audition/compete, whereas other shows do not. This is what sets it apart from idol, x-factor, etc. different criteria/rules for competitors.

AaronMarsh 11/20/12 08:49 AM

Quote:

HA!!!

Helen Keller. 11/20/12 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokenword (Post 115598562)
Good performance, but honestly, Melanie Martinez needs to win this

This, so much.

Helen Keller. 11/20/12 08:51 AM

Does she come off as a huge bitch to anyone else, or is it just me?

herestoyoufla 11/20/12 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen Keller. (Post 115599432)
Does she come off as a huge bitch to anyone else, or is it just me?

i think she just comes off as stand-offish because she's nervous, but i know what you're saying.

herestoyoufla 11/20/12 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronMarsh (Post 115599402)
HA!!!

how's the Vanguard room been going?

Jared Luttrell 11/20/12 09:21 AM

I'm sorry but this show is bullshit. The artist gets their votes multiplied if they get more itunes purchases? It's just a big fake money making machine.

Who Is Ryan? 11/20/12 09:52 AM

She bores me for some reason.

But lol @ that Blake moment.

DejaMe 11/20/12 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpedFr3ak (Post 115597712)
Wow Blake Shelton completely eye fucked the shit out of her

LMFAO

To be fair though, I would do the same thing in his position.

Zummy 11/20/12 10:24 AM

I'm happy for Cassadee. I know that all she wanted out of life was to be incredibly famous and she is starting to realize her goal. I know she's probably pissed that she had to waste all that time in Hey Monday when she really just wanted the Beiber treatment but at least now she is one step closer to being able sell out stadiums and shit all over people who aren't as famous as she is. Good for you Cassadee! Good for you!

Kris_Gontz9 11/20/12 10:30 AM

I'll never look at her in the same way i did before that awful blog post, so...

Also, not digging this. I think she's done better.

movingxpictures 11/20/12 10:32 AM

what the fuck is she wearing

EDIT: also this seems overhyped and boring.

I like Cassadee, but I just wasn't crazy about this performance.