AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Eve 6 Releases Video For "Curtain" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2960122)

Christian Wagner 11/21/12 01:37 PM

Eve 6 Releases Video For "Curtain"

Head to the replies to watch the reverse-style video for Eve 6's "Curtains."

Christian Wagner 11/21/12 01:37 PM

brandneww 11/21/12 02:08 PM

I wonder how many takes this took. I can see this being an Ok Go video.

CluckyB 11/21/12 03:15 PM

Concept has been better executed before. Kinda cool that it appears to be all one take, but there were certainly a few awkward bits. Of course, it wouldn't be an Eve 6 music video if it wasn't a little awkward =)

SumPunk30 11/21/12 03:24 PM

that was awesome

Mattylikesfilms 11/21/12 03:26 PM

I actually been playing Speak in Code on repeat since yesterday. It's a grower and while I wanted something more along the lines of their debut and It's All In Your Head- this is a solid record.

Tim Lincecum 11/21/12 04:35 PM

not nearly as impressive as the backwards mutemath video but still impressive non the less

yutsmcgee 11/21/12 06:28 PM

Shadows damnit, shadows!

NorthstarPark 11/21/12 08:27 PM

Mutemath and Coldplay.

brentstailing 11/21/12 08:44 PM

Love it.

Searos 11/21/12 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattylikesfilms (Post 115649982)
I actually been playing Speak in Code on repeat since yesterday. It's a grower and while I wanted something more along the lines of their debut and It's All In Your Head- this is a solid record.

idk for me I liked the album a lot at first but it has gotten worse for me with each listen. It has some really catchy songs and normally I don't complain about lyrics but the album is down right cheesy beyond believe which is something I never thought I would say about an Eve 6 album. Even Horroscope had more depth. Curtain, Moon, and Lost and Found are the only 3 songs I really care about from Speak In Code now.

Boucher187 11/22/12 05:34 AM

One of my favorite albums of the year. Took me about 20 seconds to see what they hell they did to shoot this video. Like it a lot.

Forefall 11/22/12 07:28 AM

The lyrics on this album were absolute trash. I used to think they had some pretty witty lyrics :( Music's catchy though. Not as bad as a lot of other comeback albums, however.

ramomcferno 11/22/12 10:24 AM

Solid video for a solid song.

Mattylikesfilms 11/22/12 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 115657882)
idk for me I liked the album a lot at first but it has gotten worse for me with each listen. It has some really catchy songs and normally I don't complain about lyrics but the album is down right cheesy beyond believe which is something I never thought I would say about an Eve 6 album. Even Horroscope had more depth. Curtain, Moon, and Lost and Found are the only 3 songs I really care about from Speak In Code now.

Yeah the lyrics are a little bit too cheesy this time around but I do love Curtain. A lot. It came out when I went through the worst break up ever and I totally identified with the song (even though its written about the Oasis brothers splitting up) and you should check out the acoustic version cause its even better!

I really like Blood Brothers too aside from Moon and Lost & Found but you're right when you say how some songs are super cringe-worthy. "B.F.G.F" is pretty bad hah