AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Two More New My Chemical Romance Songs (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2961702)

Jason Tate 11/23/12 02:03 PM

Two More New My Chemical Romance Songs

Hear the two new My Chemical Romance songs "Ambulance" and "Gun." in the replies.

Submitted by SpyKi

Jason Tate 11/23/12 02:03 PM

RabidNewz 11/23/12 02:05 PM

Can't decide if I even care enough to listen.

mybreakingpoint 11/23/12 02:11 PM

Both are very poppy, I liked the previous batch better, but these are alright.

brentstailing 11/23/12 02:12 PM

So glad they decided to release all of these. Ambulance is fucking rad.

Searos 11/23/12 02:15 PM

These are all songs from a session that never were originally gonna be released so its expected they may not all sound the same. Some songs from these sessions were used.

Ricketts 11/23/12 02:39 PM

Fucking phenomenal again. Extremely catchy. Sounds like they came from exactly the time they were recorded in.

jmac3444 11/23/12 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybreakingpoint (Post 115688252)

took the words right out of my mouth

BigAl 11/23/12 02:41 PM

Both of these are terrific.

PerfectChaos337 11/23/12 02:43 PM

The 4 songs released so far are awesome, legitimately listenable, and very much "them". Definitely a lot poppier than the rest of their non-Danger Days catalog, but it's still interesting and high energy. The lyrics are well-written. The vocals are just what I'd hope to hear from Gerard and that rules too.

This coming out now doesn't take away from how great the songs are, but I really wish this could have been the record they released. I can't believe they chose the Danger Days material over this. DD made me completely lose all faith and enthusiasm in a band I once considered to be one of my favorites. I feel bad about that, but I just can't get into any of those songs.

I can't lie though, I'm pretty stoked/interested in what they're doing again after hearing these songs. I know it's no indication of what they're probably going for in recent times, but it at least gives me hope that maybe the next record will be good. Hopefully it's more like this and less like DD.

xtbs7645x 11/23/12 02:47 PM

Quote:

this

tomtom94 11/23/12 02:50 PM

Great choruses, meh verses. Same as the first batch.

Once again the hatred for Danger Days surprises and confuses me.

Memphis 11/23/12 02:58 PM

As a person, who immensely enjoys everything since Three Cheers, I must say, these songs sound great. Definitely not worse than th previous two like many of you are saying...

Edit: Honestly, I have no idea what you people are complaining about, both songs sound amazing, esp. Ambulance, they're not as heavy/raw as the first two, but it's actually for the better.

theherox 11/23/12 03:01 PM

so fantastic

Helen Keller. 11/23/12 03:08 PM

Who gives a shit if it's poppy? Danger Days was good, these are even better. I'm more than pleased with all of these. Can't wait til their next legit album is released.

BobDylanismyman 11/23/12 03:08 PM

all 4 new songs over everything on the actual album they released(Danger Days)

SpyKi 11/23/12 03:16 PM

As I said in the CW thread, I'm not the biggest fan of these two. They're not bad songs but they're easily among the weakest stuff they've ever put out. They have everything they said was wrong with these songs unlike the first two. Still glad they put them out though, but I'm expecting much more from the remaining stuff . I'll be mega happy if this is the weakest it gets.

Also I'd take the majority of DD over these two.

RyanWilliam 11/23/12 04:08 PM

Great! The vocal mix on ambulance is a little off but i dig it.

OdourlessHobo 11/23/12 04:40 PM

Ambulance sounds very 80's. have loved everything this band has put out

tdlyon 11/23/12 05:07 PM

Really like Ambulance, but don't even remember what Gun sounds like. (then again, I did listen to these yesterday)

JacobJOLTEON 11/23/12 06:05 PM

Gun was a bit weak, but Ambulance is pretty rad. I'm loving that we're getting these songs though.

leftapart 11/23/12 07:46 PM

Couldn't get into them, sadly.

Hagysaurus Rex 11/23/12 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom94 (Post 115689182)
Great choruses, meh verses. Same as the first batch.

Once again the hatred for Danger Days surprises and confuses me.

I really liked Danger Days. :shrug: However I like these new songs even more. I think this would have been a phenomenal post-Black Parade album.

photOakes 11/23/12 08:13 PM

Enough of the Danger Days hate, if anything, and hate me if you must, I think Bullets was my least favorite record of theirs.

Christian Wagner 11/23/12 08:13 PM

Bryan GribbIe 11/23/12 08:41 PM

Danger Days hate makes sense. You can't just release three tremendous albums and an only pretty good one, haha.

deezee 11/23/12 08:54 PM

Didn't realize people hated Danger Days. Call me crazy, but I think it's their best album to date. :shrug:

These two songs are okay, nothing mazing.

tdlyon 11/23/12 08:55 PM

Black Parade>Sweet Revenge>Danger Days>>>>>>>Bullets imo

Searos 11/23/12 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdlyon (Post 115696372)

agree!

wtfjaked 11/23/12 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photOakes (Post 115695872)
Enough of the Danger Days hate, if anything, and hate me if you must, I think Bullets was my least favorite record of theirs.

no hate from me. Completely agree

Seth Robinson 11/23/12 10:21 PM

These two new songs are fantastic, so were the first two. Black Parade will always be their magnum opus, never to be topped.
Bullets really is a god-awful record. Incredibly shitty production and Gerard's voice was NOWHERE NEAR what it is now. But I understand it because it was a band finding their sound, so I don't really fault them for it.

PopPunkKid 11/23/12 11:11 PM

Danger Days is a fantastic album... and I like these two a lot more than the first two.

vmemories 11/23/12 11:19 PM

this new mayday parade songs sound niceĦĦ hahahaha

zporter92 11/23/12 11:48 PM

Ambulance is fantastic. I've started to like this band since Danger Days came out, before then I was incredibly turned off by their fans at the schools I went to. Glad to see they're releasing some new(ish) stuff

Robb 11/24/12 12:04 AM

Quote:

Basically my thoughts. I loved part 1, so the fact that this can't compete isn't too shocking.

Ambulance is the much better song. It sounds like it was written while listening to lots of Queen and, well, Black Parade (which almost sounds redundant).

Gun sounds like a fun b-side, but that's all I'll give it.

Robb 11/24/12 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memphis (Post 115689292)
As a person, who immensely enjoys everything since Three Cheers, I must say, these songs sound great. Definitely not worse than th previous two like many of you are saying...

Edit: Honestly, I have no idea what you people are complaining about, both songs sound amazing, esp. Ambulance, they're not as heavy/raw as the first two, but it's actually for the better.

Is the endgame of Conventional Weapons to release an album's worth of material, two songs at a time? If so, once we've gotten more songs, I think a much stronger balance will be achieved.

Ricketts 11/24/12 12:07 AM

I think Gun is going to seriously grow on people. I can't get it out of my head. "If I'm old enough to die for your mistakes/ can we bleed enough to fill up what the engine takes?" That's some good, good shit.

kbomb001 11/24/12 12:13 AM

so proud of this band

GetUpAndrew 11/24/12 01:08 AM

Both songs rule, although I liked better the other two songs they released a while ago. Can't wait to purchase this b-sides record.

doxa_lu 11/24/12 01:37 AM

Gun. is such a catchy little tune. Ambulance to me is the lesser of the two. Gun. is a song i would love for them to add to their setlist. Along with Bob Bryar :p

SpyKi 11/24/12 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photOakes (Post 115695872)

I do hate you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by deezee (Post 115696362)
Didn't realize people hated Danger Days. Call me crazy, but I think it's their best album to date. :shrug:

you are crazy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdlyon (Post 115696372)

so are you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 115696542)
agree!

and you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PopPunkKid (Post 115699092)
and I like these two a lot more than the first two.

not as crazy, sill crazy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Robinson (Post 115698162)
These two new songs are fantastic, so were the first two. Black Parade will always be their magnum opus, never to be topped.
Bullets really is a god-awful record. Incredibly shitty production and Gerard's voice was NOWHERE NEAR what it is now. But I understand it because it was a band finding their sound, so I don't really fault them for it.

biggest crazy of all. Parade is nowhere near the first two imo and it's still a top 10 record for me. Gerard's voice wasn't as cleanly produced as it is now but his performance on that album is incredible. Easily the most passionate work he's done, with almost no production on it, mostly done one or two takes. His voice fucking soars on shit like "Drowning Lessons" and the ending of "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" is one of my favourite things he's ever done vocally. and they had a sound on that album that was entirely their own, nothing else sounds like that album.

Born_For_This 11/24/12 07:53 AM

So much better than Danger Days, although the first two were better

SpyKi 11/24/12 07:55 AM

I think the only song worse than these on DD is Sing.

ShotgunGold 11/24/12 08:28 AM

Danger Days is their best album. The band had a brilliant concept and executed it flawlessly.

New songs are great as well - loving Ambulance. Gonna be listening to them for a while!!

EDIT: Ok I wanted to buy these songs but the 7" singles are £7.99 each. Thats 12.80 dollars! Are the records that expensive in America??? Are MCR ripping people off???

It would cost me £40/$64 for 10 songs!! Could just go DD but I've never been keen on downloading.

Will MCR be pressing an actual 'Conventional Weapons' album? Have they said anything about that?

SpyKi 11/24/12 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunGold (Post 115703992)
Danger Days is their best album. The band had a brilliant concept and executed it flawlessly.

New songs are great as well - loving Ambulance. Gonna be listening to them for a while!!

EDIT: Ok I wanted to buy these songs but the 7" singles are £7.99 each. Thats 12.80 dollars! Are the records that expensive in America??? Are MCR ripping people off???

It would cost me £40/$64 for 10 songs!! Could just go DD but I've never been keen on downloading.

Will MCR be pressing an actual 'Conventional Weapons' album? Have they said anything about that?

Idk, I think the main point of them doing them as individual vinyls are to keep it as separate songs so it isn't viewed as an actual album. They had a set you could get for like 50 which I got but that's sold out now. They may end up putting a cd out after seeing as a lot of people want one but I'm not sure. I think they're just doing a limited number of vinyl and then going with digital downloads for the rest though..

Ryan Gardner 11/24/12 08:59 AM

I like the first one considerably.

Haven't listened to their last record since it came out, but maybe I should give it another chance.

wtfjaked 11/24/12 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotgunGold (Post 115703992)

It's $7.99 here before shipping. :shrug: Shipping is $3.99. I don't know. Might be the only pressing they ever do of any of the singles.

stuckonsmile 11/24/12 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyKi (Post 115701312)
I do hate you.

you are crazy.

so are you.

and you.

not as crazy, sill crazy.

biggest crazy of all. Parade is nowhere near the first two imo and it's still a top 10 record for me. Gerard's voice wasn't as cleanly produced as it is now but his performance on that album is incredible. Easily the most passionate work he's done, with almost no production on it, mostly done one or two takes. His voice fucking soars on shit like "Drowning Lessons" and the ending of "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville" is one of my favourite things he's ever done vocally. and they had a sound on that album that was entirely their own, nothing else sounds like that album.

Eh you're living in the past. I took bullets off my computer bc i found it unlistenable. And I didn't like Black Parade until a couple years after owning it.

SpyKi 11/24/12 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckonsmile (Post 115707002)
Eh you're living in the past. I took bullets off my computer bc i found it unlistenable. And I didn't like Black Parade until a couple years after owning it.

how am I living in the past? Bullets is still an incredible record today. It looks even better in comparison to these two songs or DD and I like these songs and I love DD.

Superboy 11/24/12 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidNewz (Post 115688022)
Can't decide if I even care enough to listen.

But you decided you cared enough to comment? :-|