AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Green Day Announce ¡Quatro! Information (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2961712)

CallMeTroy 11/24/12 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingleDoubt (Post 115706182)
Oh yes, it was incredibly sharp. Cause nobody knows how or why America was founded. How learned you must be, professor!

I'm not sure you understand what context is. My condolences.

harley7733 11/24/12 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplejack (Post 115700592)
oh wait another acoustic Beatlesque song in the new album:


Oh because he plays an acoustic guitar and sings it's Beatleesque?

antiradio 11/24/12 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 115693282)
Historically, being vocal is effective in eliciting change. What is now the U.S. didn't become an independent nation because colonists politely complied with British rule. Green Day can find several ways to justify low sales figures, but enough people complaining online is harder to spin. If that's brought to the band's attention, perhaps they'll realise their new songs are bad to mediocre and write with a new perspective going forward.


what?

mikethejonas 11/24/12 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115689192)
and iCinco! is going to be the albums put together as a broadway play?

hahahaha

Clockwise 11/25/12 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Doherty (Post 115706302)
I get a feeling that all this stuff was what Green Day was actually doing between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown...

I really doubt that. They've said many times that most of these songs were written on tour for 21CB and during/after Billie Joe's run in AI the musical. The only song confirmed to be written before is Drama Queen, which was taken off of 21CB to make room for Murder City. Also, Walk Away on TRE is rumored to have been on Cigarettes and Valentines, but I really think that's it.

Plus that would be a crazy amount of music to write in that time, a long with them writing 21CB and doing the Foxboro Hot Tubs.

simplejack 11/25/12 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115714562)
Oh because he plays an acoustic guitar and sings it's Beatleesque?

no, I'm just saying that Green Day has released this kind of track before: last night on earth, when it's time, the forgotten. and Beatlesque isn't a negative term at all: they wrote some of the greatest pop songs of all time.

Dashbaord Confessional is full of acoustic songs that don't sound like they could've been written by Beatles or their '90s tribute band, Oasis.

theherox 11/25/12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115714562)
Oh because he plays an acoustic guitar and sings it's Beatleesque?

are you kidding? this song is unabashedly and openly Beatlesque....or else Green Day is deaf and ignorant

on that note...don't think the song's any good though.

harley7733 11/25/12 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115744582)
are you kidding? this song is unabashedly and openly Beatlesque....or else Green Day is deaf and ignorant

on that note...don't think the song's any good though.

In what ways, please describe what makes it Beatlesque?

theherox 11/26/12 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115750352)
In what ways, please describe what makes it Beatlesque?

honestly, I'm not going to be able to spell it out for you mathematically or anything. I might be able to better answer this if I were more of a Beatles-expert (which I am anything BUT)...

however, I can say with certainty that both the melodies and chord progressions of this GD song have been in Beatles songs. that is all.

harley7733 11/26/12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115762772)
honestly, I'm not going to be able to spell it out for you mathematically or anything. I might be able to better answer this if I were more of a Beatles-expert (which I am anything BUT)...

however, I can say with certainty that both the melodies and chord progressions of this GD song have been in Beatles songs. that is all.

If you're not a Beatles expert, or even a roughly familiar with their work, then why make a comparison when you have no basis to compare it to? That's lazy, stupid, and unfair. I respect people's opinions, but I hate when people talk out of their ass. Nothing about this song makes it blatantly a Beatles-ripoff, and that's coming from someoen who does consider themselves an expert. Thanks for helping spread ignorance!

theherox 11/26/12 08:03 PM

I'm not being ignorant. I've LISTENED to plenty of Beatles songs plenty of times. It doesn't take being an expert to know how Beatles songs sound, which I do. There's no ignorance involved with me simply stating the fact there are multiple Beatles songs which this GD song sounds very similar to. I could be deaf and mute and still recognize that. It doesn't make me lazy, stupid, or unfair. Simply observational, as all humans are. I'm sorry if I'm dealing with someone who is a Beatles elitist, but there's no way I'm talking out of my butt, as you say, if I am openly admitting to not being a Beatles expert. Please calm down though, there's no reason for your exclamation points in this conversation.