AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Green Day Announce ¡Quatro! Information (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2961712)

Jason Tate 11/23/12 02:12 PM

Green Day Announce ¡Quatro! Information
 
Green Day will premiere highlights from their documentary ¡Quatro! on VH1. The full press release is in the replies.

Jason Tate 11/23/12 02:12 PM

LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 21, 2012 - Reprise Records' Green Day today announced they would premiere highlights from their documentary ¡Quatro! on VH1. ¡Quatro! pulls back the curtain and takes fans inside the world of Green Day, from the various spontaneous live performances in select cities across the U.S. to the chronicling of their creative process while conceptualizing and recording their current trilogy of albums: Green Day ¡Uno!, Green Day ¡Dos!, Green Day ¡Tré! ¡Quatro! will premiere on VH1 on Wednesday, November 28th, followed by airings on MTV2 during 120 Minutes on November 30th and on Palladia the same day. ¡Quatro! is directed by Tim Wheeler and produced by Tim Lynch for Farm League.

"Over the last year while we were recording our trilogy, we posted multiple clips every week so fans can see parts of the recording process of ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!," said Green Day's Mike Dirnt. "¡Quatro! brings our fans one step closer by giving them even more access and revealing what it was like for us to make these records."

The full length version of ¡Quatro! will be released in 2013.

*FULL LIST OF AIRDATES AND TIMES FOR ¡QUATRO!:

NOVEMBER
28th VH1 Midnight
30th MTV2 During 120 Minutes
30th Palladia 9PM & 12AM

DECEMBER
1st Palladia 5PM
3rd Palladia 1PM
4th Palladia 1AM
6th Palladia 8PM
8th Palladia 5PM
11th Palladia 3PM & 10PM
13th Palladia 6PM
17th Palladia 12AM
22nd Palladia 10AM

MikeyJam 11/23/12 02:22 PM

i thought this was gonna be another album and almost cried

delvec19 11/23/12 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyJam (Post 115688552)
i thought this was gonna be another album and almost cried

This.

theherox 11/23/12 02:51 PM

and iCinco! is going to be the albums put together as a broadway play?

Skumfuk41 11/23/12 02:53 PM

Being a Green Day fan, I'll probably end up watching this sometime. I think Jason White is on the cover.

Amongster 11/23/12 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115689192)
and iCinco! is going to be the albums put together as a broadway play?

"I sure hope so!" - everyone

punkcrap 11/23/12 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115689192)
and iCinco! is going to be the albums put together as a broadway play?

Is the Broadway play for American Idiot any good? It never really got my attention...

Jay Evan 11/23/12 03:14 PM

iSeis!will be a Greatest Hits album featuring songs from Uno, Dos, and Tres

Robb 11/23/12 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Evan (Post 115689652)
iSeis!will be a Greatest Hits album featuring songs from Uno, Dos, and Tres

I guess that's what I'll be naming it then, when I try to salvage a 12 track album out of these.

ibanez966 11/23/12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkcrap (Post 115689592)
Is the Broadway play for American Idiot any good? It never really got my attention...

It's basically a live concert with the album sung in broadway style. The set is just some ladders and stairs for them to climb on while singing. Pretty meh.

deanster321 11/23/12 04:57 PM

Suzi?

tdlyon 11/23/12 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkcrap (Post 115689592)
Is the Broadway play for American Idiot any good? It never really got my attention...

Saw it in New York with Bille Joe as St Jimmy and thought it was phenomal.

Also, there's so much fucking pointless negativity in this thread. Stop going into Green Day threads if you don't like them. Simple enough.

EastCoastVans 11/23/12 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkcrap (Post 115689592)
Is the Broadway play for American Idiot any good? It never really got my attention...


I saw it last year and enjoyed it very much.

Amongster 11/23/12 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdlyon (Post 115692422)
Also, there's so much fucking pointless negativity in this thread. Stop going into Green Day threads if you don't like them. Simple enough.



Historically, being vocal is effective in eliciting change. What is now the U.S. didn't become an independent nation because colonists politely complied with British rule. Green Day can find several ways to justify low sales figures, but enough people complaining online is harder to spin. If that's brought to the band's attention, perhaps they'll realise their new songs are bad to mediocre and write with a new perspective going forward.

ratmachine182 11/23/12 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdlyon (Post 115692422)
Saw it in New York with Bille Joe as St Jimmy and thought it was phenomal.

Also, there's so much fucking pointless negativity in this thread. Stop going into Green Day threads if you don't like them. Simple enough.

oh ok... i get it..... nobody writes anything negative so the only comments in the thread are either neutral or positive when the band continues to put out complete shit music. people need to cut the "don't write bad stuff it makes me sad :( " crap. if i really used to enjoy a band and feel that they completely mailed it in with their latest music, you can bet your ass i will say something.... err post something semi-anonymously in a message board.

zporter92 11/23/12 06:25 PM

Yet when somebody says something bad about Blink-182 or the Wonder Years, it is completely fine when they get absolutely annihilated, regardless of how minor the negative thing they post is. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Green Day isn't going to read these news posts, so bitching about them in here is completely pointless.

Amongster 11/23/12 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zporter92 (Post 115693692)
Yet when somebody says something bad about Blink-182 or the Wonder Years, it is completely fine when they get absolutely annihilated, regardless of how minor the negative thing they post is. Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Green Day isn't going to read these news posts, so bitching about them in here is completely pointless.

Nobody said Green Day would read these posts. It would surprise me greatly if they ever did. The word can get around, though. On AP.net, there could be someone who knows someone who knows someone high up at Warner Music Group or on Green Day's management team.

Clockwise 11/23/12 07:19 PM

Looking forward to it. These new albums are phenomenal, so I'm really interested to watch the process.

MJB12 11/23/12 07:51 PM

When are they going to release the new dates for the postponed shows in 2013? It's been over a month and they still haven't announced new ones, at least not for the Denver show.

zporter92 11/23/12 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 115693912)
Nobody said Green Day would read these posts. It would surprise me greatly if they ever did. The word can get around, though. On AP.net, there could be someone who knows someone who knows someone high up at Warner Music Group or on Green Day's management team.

If I was in a band, I wouldn't take the AP crowd's views on my music too seriously to be completely honest. Unless I was a band that was just starting out. And I sure as hell wouldn't take the reviews seriously at all lol. We are a pretty biased bunch, some much more so than others

Also, the first part of my original post wasn't directed at you. You weren't bitching lol

mrnubnub 11/24/12 12:38 AM

and everyone but the manchildren groaned

simplejack 11/24/12 02:40 AM

are they releasing a new song from Trè since it's dropping in 3 weeks? the only released one is The Forgotten and it's not what i want from Green Day.

simplejack 11/24/12 02:45 AM

oh wait another acoustic Beatlesque song in the new album:


Joey-Wan Kenobi 11/24/12 06:05 AM

I love when thread posts keep getting longer and longer as arguments ensue. ..

I don't know why, but I've always loved band DVDs regardless of how bad a last albums was. Hopefully I can catch this.

SingleDoubt 11/24/12 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 115693282)
Historically, being vocal is effective in eliciting change. What is now the U.S. didn't become an independent nation because colonists politely complied with British rule.


Oh fuck you, get your head out of your ass.

AReiss 11/24/12 08:56 AM

lulz

Amongster 11/24/12 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingleDoubt (Post 115703192)
Oh fuck you, get your head out of your ass.

I was right, therefore I have my head in my ass? Make some sense, man. Just because I used a sharp comparison to help make my point doesn't make that point less valid.

SingleDoubt 11/24/12 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 115705602)
I was right, therefore I have my head in my ass? Make some sense, man. Just because I used a sharp comparison to help make my point doesn't make that point less valid.


Oh yes, it was incredibly sharp. Cause nobody knows how or why America was founded. How learned you must be, professor!

Kelly Doherty 11/24/12 09:49 AM

I get a feeling that all this stuff was what Green Day was actually doing between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown...

Amongster 11/24/12 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingleDoubt (Post 115706182)
Oh yes, it was incredibly sharp. Cause nobody knows how or why America was founded. How learned you must be, professor!

I'm not sure you understand what context is. My condolences.

harley7733 11/24/12 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplejack (Post 115700592)
oh wait another acoustic Beatlesque song in the new album:


Oh because he plays an acoustic guitar and sings it's Beatleesque?

antiradio 11/24/12 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeTroy (Post 115693282)
Historically, being vocal is effective in eliciting change. What is now the U.S. didn't become an independent nation because colonists politely complied with British rule. Green Day can find several ways to justify low sales figures, but enough people complaining online is harder to spin. If that's brought to the band's attention, perhaps they'll realise their new songs are bad to mediocre and write with a new perspective going forward.


what?

mikethejonas 11/24/12 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115689192)
and iCinco! is going to be the albums put together as a broadway play?

hahahaha

Clockwise 11/25/12 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Doherty (Post 115706302)
I get a feeling that all this stuff was what Green Day was actually doing between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown...

I really doubt that. They've said many times that most of these songs were written on tour for 21CB and during/after Billie Joe's run in AI the musical. The only song confirmed to be written before is Drama Queen, which was taken off of 21CB to make room for Murder City. Also, Walk Away on TRE is rumored to have been on Cigarettes and Valentines, but I really think that's it.

Plus that would be a crazy amount of music to write in that time, a long with them writing 21CB and doing the Foxboro Hot Tubs.

simplejack 11/25/12 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115714562)
Oh because he plays an acoustic guitar and sings it's Beatleesque?

no, I'm just saying that Green Day has released this kind of track before: last night on earth, when it's time, the forgotten. and Beatlesque isn't a negative term at all: they wrote some of the greatest pop songs of all time.

Dashbaord Confessional is full of acoustic songs that don't sound like they could've been written by Beatles or their '90s tribute band, Oasis.

theherox 11/25/12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115714562)
Oh because he plays an acoustic guitar and sings it's Beatleesque?

are you kidding? this song is unabashedly and openly Beatlesque....or else Green Day is deaf and ignorant

on that note...don't think the song's any good though.

harley7733 11/25/12 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115744582)
are you kidding? this song is unabashedly and openly Beatlesque....or else Green Day is deaf and ignorant

on that note...don't think the song's any good though.

In what ways, please describe what makes it Beatlesque?

theherox 11/26/12 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harley7733 (Post 115750352)
In what ways, please describe what makes it Beatlesque?

honestly, I'm not going to be able to spell it out for you mathematically or anything. I might be able to better answer this if I were more of a Beatles-expert (which I am anything BUT)...

however, I can say with certainty that both the melodies and chord progressions of this GD song have been in Beatles songs. that is all.

harley7733 11/26/12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 115762772)
honestly, I'm not going to be able to spell it out for you mathematically or anything. I might be able to better answer this if I were more of a Beatles-expert (which I am anything BUT)...

however, I can say with certainty that both the melodies and chord progressions of this GD song have been in Beatles songs. that is all.

If you're not a Beatles expert, or even a roughly familiar with their work, then why make a comparison when you have no basis to compare it to? That's lazy, stupid, and unfair. I respect people's opinions, but I hate when people talk out of their ass. Nothing about this song makes it blatantly a Beatles-ripoff, and that's coming from someoen who does consider themselves an expert. Thanks for helping spread ignorance!

theherox 11/26/12 08:03 PM

I'm not being ignorant. I've LISTENED to plenty of Beatles songs plenty of times. It doesn't take being an expert to know how Beatles songs sound, which I do. There's no ignorance involved with me simply stating the fact there are multiple Beatles songs which this GD song sounds very similar to. I could be deaf and mute and still recognize that. It doesn't make me lazy, stupid, or unfair. Simply observational, as all humans are. I'm sorry if I'm dealing with someone who is a Beatles elitist, but there's no way I'm talking out of my butt, as you say, if I am openly admitting to not being a Beatles expert. Please calm down though, there's no reason for your exclamation points in this conversation.