AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Casey Calvert Passed Away 5 Years Ago Today (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2962382)

Jake Denning 11/25/12 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshman15Davey (Post 115734062)
Them and RK right?

Yeah - Hawthorne w/ Plain White T's, Relient K, Emery, and The Sleeping. Casey passed a week or two later.

GreenGentleman 11/25/12 03:08 PM

So weird, I was just thinking about this for the first time in a long while today. Spinning The Silence in Black and White in his memory.

Deartragedy88 11/25/12 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Denning (Post 115736722)
Yeah - Hawthorne w/ Plain White T's, Relient K, Emery, and The Sleeping. Casey passed a week or two later.

That tour happened in 2006. Casey didn't pass away for a whole year after that.

Deartragedy88 11/25/12 04:21 PM

I can't believe it's been 5 years since Casey passed away. He wasn't friendly to me every time I met him, but it's still sucks when someone from a band you like dies. They have handled themselves quite nicely with such a terrible situation. They have gone on to put out the best material of their career.

johnnyferris 11/25/12 06:20 PM

He passed away right at the start of their headlining tour with Escape the Fate, the AKAs, etc.

PurpleDinosaurs 11/25/12 08:41 PM

RIP :[

PuxRawkPrincess 11/25/12 10:38 PM

man I still remember texting one of my friends in tears that night before we decided to go drive around and listen to HH and cry. Cliche or not, that band got me through so much and I'm so grateful I got to meet him a couple times and tell him that. RIP Casey.

kidinthebushes 11/25/12 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyferris (Post 115741862)
He passed away right at the start of their headlining tour with Escape the Fate, the AKAs, etc.

Yeah, 21 year old me was so pumped to see that tour. Amber Pacific was also going to be on that tour too.

Hawthorne Heights abruptly canceled the Chicago date of their previous tour with Emery/Tickle Me Pink/The Mile After and I was big into Escape The Fate at that time too.

Miketheunicycle 11/25/12 11:53 PM

crazy to think its been 5 years, glad HH has remained the 4 piece, great respect for this band. from the spotlight, to tragedy, to drama, to diy. r.i.p. casey

johnnyferris 11/26/12 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115749462)
Yeah, 21 year old me was so pumped to see that tour. Amber Pacific was also going to be on that tour too.

Hawthorne Heights abruptly canceled the Chicago date of their previous tour with Emery/Tickle Me Pink/The Mile After and I was big into Escape The Fate at that time too.

That was also the same time when Ronnie first left the band I believe.

I was able to see HH that summer before they did warped tour on their own headlining tour with FFTL, Secondhand Serenade, Brighten, and Powerspace. Awesome tour.

rob_mylo 11/26/12 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 115749462)

Tickle Me Pink and The Mile After.

Man I haven't heard those names in years!

talitha, koum 11/26/12 11:22 AM

can't believe it's been that long