AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Cassadee Pope's Cover of "Are You Happy Now?" On The Voice (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2964682)

Keagan Ilvonen 11/27/12 12:00 AM

Cassadee Pope's Cover of "Are You Happy Now?" On The Voice

Jump to the replies to watch Cassadee Pope's cover of Michelle Branch's "Are You Happy Now?"

Keagan Ilvonen 11/27/12 12:00 AM

ChaseTx 11/27/12 12:30 AM

Watched only because I love Michelle Branch. Like serious love.

Sounds pretty good.

kianacarly 11/27/12 12:34 AM

She needs to gtfo and make room for the real talent, Ms. Amanda Brown. Amanda, Cody, Trevin, and Nicholas all did better but she will probably still slay them all on the itunes charts.

njdevils327 11/27/12 12:35 AM

Another really pitchy performance from her. Not her best. Still rooting for her, but damn if she wants to win she's gonna need to pull it together

njdevils327 11/27/12 12:36 AM

Also, who the hell did her hair. Flyaways are so damn distracting.

Edit: and the wind at the end certainly didn't help things.

Jenajena 11/27/12 12:37 AM

I liked that performance. Not as moving as last week's, though.

trevorshmevor 11/27/12 02:53 AM

Honestly, after last week, I wouldn't be surprised if she has this competition in the bag. Good move on her part, to sing a song she's obviously very comfortable with this week -- she has no reason to go outside the box for now.

Keele 11/27/12 03:00 AM

What degree of fame or success does someone have to reach to prevent them from performing on the show?Honestly curious.

jaredohgren 11/27/12 03:20 AM

She's definitely gotten a lot better vocal wise since Hey Monday. She kind of sounds like a girl version of Gaskarth at times.

quickandsilver 11/27/12 05:44 AM

She better start showing more cleavage or something, because that sounded whiny as fuck, and there are way better contestants.

seventwenty3 11/27/12 06:37 AM

Those legs are going to save her every time.

esposimi 11/27/12 07:33 AM

This song was my jam back in 7th grade haha

herestoyoufla 11/27/12 07:42 AM

I think she sounds best when she sings higher up in her range. It'd be nice to hear a song where the vocal melody is consistantly high up there...

alegnaanaconda 11/27/12 07:56 AM

Can't even kind of compete with Amanda Brown

wheelsgonewild 11/27/12 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alegnaanaconda (Post 115795372)
Can't even kind of compete with Amanda Brown

this, but i hope amanda gets back to the more rockish type of her, i think she pulls it off way better than when she does pop stuff

fbrrocks 11/27/12 09:09 AM

i hope she wins

firewater 11/27/12 09:11 AM

If she went in a poppier Michelle Branch style, I would totally dig it. Hope she wins as well

Manufactured Dreams 11/27/12 09:28 AM

She needs to be eliminated. So many waaaaaay more talented contestants. She's just a waste of time.

HeyItsAllyssa 11/27/12 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianacarly (Post 115791182)
She needs to gtfo and make room for the real talent, Ms. Amanda Brown. Amanda, Cody, Trevin, and Nicholas all did better but she will probably still slay them all on the itunes charts.

Gotta love those All Time Low fans calling in for her

Ourchestra 11/27/12 09:53 AM

Did I really just pause Carly Simon to watch this?

kevinjordan 11/27/12 10:03 AM

Good performance. Not as good as last week, but I haven't watched a single episode or other contestant to know how she stacks up.

an0n 11/27/12 10:36 AM

zzzzzzzzzzz

njdevils327 11/27/12 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keele (Post 115792312)
What degree of fame or success does someone have to reach to prevent them from performing on the show?Honestly curious.

The level of fame that allows them to become a coach on the show

ari telescope 11/27/12 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevils327 (Post 115791192)
Another really pitchy performance from her. Not her best. Still rooting for her, but damn if she wants to win she's gonna need to pull it together

Not really. She has a couple hundred thousand Hey Monday fangirls on her twitter who will vote for her either way.

njdevils327 11/27/12 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ari telescope (Post 115800802)
Not really. She has a couple hundred thousand Hey Monday fangirls on her twitter who will vote for her either way.

hey monday has that many twitter followers? color me shocked.

guitarguy211 11/27/12 11:14 AM

Good performance again. Really hoping she wins.

Of course, I'm a total fanboy.

dobby29 11/27/12 11:59 AM

I will be so pissed if she wins. Amanda, Trevin, and Nicholas are so much more talented artists. It's time for her to go. Terry is the man too.

.dot 11/27/12 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ari telescope (Post 115800802)

Compared to a national TV audience that is nothing.

radiofriendly 11/27/12 12:28 PM

she is one of the only genuinely marketable voices of the bunch. Say what you want about Trevin and Amanda, but their talent just won't translate into mass appeal. I marvel at Amanda's vocal prowess every week, but I would NEVER buy her rock album if one should ever surface. Pope nails song choice and stage presence each and week, and I think it's doing wonders and its the kind of 'it' factor that a label will get behind

PetitnaindesĪles 11/27/12 12:37 PM

thought the last performance was actually good but this one... eh

ari telescope 11/27/12 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdevils327 (Post 115800882)
hey monday has that many twitter followers? color me shocked.

Not even, that's just Cassadee's followers alone before the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .dot (Post 115803222)
Compared to a national TV audience that is nothing.

You can't argue that's not a huge advantage against the rest of the singers.

Lightsout911X 11/27/12 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meech (Post 115791482)
does she just keep getting hotter?

Yes. Yes she does.

kianacarly 11/27/12 01:38 PM

I didn't really mind the "previous record contract is okay" rule until Cassadee. I still don't hate the rule, but maybe there should be a stipulation on how recent the contract was? There are a handful of contestants more talented than her (which says a lot because there isn't many contestants left) but she will get 10x the votes because her fanboys will get her in the itunes top 10. She absolutely does not deserve to win, sorry. For being in a band before all this, she really lacks charisma on stage. I just don't get the appeal. I tried to be open minded when some of her more vocal fans said her first performance wasn't a representation of her abilities, but she is almost always mediocre.

70x7brandnew 11/27/12 01:43 PM

I think Cassadee and Cody are the most marketable. Hoping they are 1 and 2. Cassadee may not be the best, but at least she has some talent, compared to her male "equivalent" of sorts Dez. He's just awful.

Manufactured Dreams 11/27/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianacarly (Post 115808632)
I didn't really mind the "previous record contract is okay" rule until Cassadee. I still don't hate the rule, but maybe there should be a stipulation on how recent the contract was? There are a handful of contestants more talented than her (which says a lot because there isn't many contestants left) but she will get 10x the votes because her fanboys will get her in the itunes top 10. She absolutely does not deserve to win, sorry. For being in a band before all this, she really lacks charisma on stage. I just don't get the appeal. I tried to be open minded when some of her more vocal fans said her first performance wasn't a representation of her abilities, but she is almost always mediocre.

Quoted for all the truth.

billcom6 11/27/12 01:59 PM

Technically speaking, couldn't Michelle Branch go on The Voice as a contestant?

andyball2311 11/27/12 02:03 PM

Is she allowed to sing a Hey Monday song?

kianacarly 11/27/12 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70x7brandnew (Post 115808782)
I think Cassadee and Cody are the most marketable. Hoping they are 1 and 2. Cassadee may not be the best, but at least she has some talent, compared to her male "equivalent" of sorts Dez. He's just awful.

At least Dez is cute and nice. Cassadee is basic in every sense of the word. I love Cody but I don't think he'll make it that far. He is a great entertainer though, and he has a voice to back it up. Amanda should make it to the top 3 for sure imo

trevorshmevor 11/27/12 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiofriendly (Post 115804432)
she is one of the only genuinely marketable voices of the bunch. Say what you want about Trevin and Amanda, but their talent just won't translate into mass appeal. I marvel at Amanda's vocal prowess every week, but I would NEVER buy her rock album if one should ever surface. Pope nails song choice and stage presence each and week, and I think it's doing wonders and its the kind of 'it' factor that a label will get behind

For the most part, I agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kianacarly (Post 115810342)
At least Dez is cute and nice. Cassadee is basic in every sense of the word.

Wow, this just screams 'u mad". I think you're taking this show a little too personally.

kianacarly 11/27/12 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevorshmevor (Post 115810812)
For the most part, I agree with this.

Wow, this just screams 'u mad". I think you're taking this show a little too personally.

lol not really. It's a competition. Cassadee is average every single week but last week. She has done nothing to show she deserves to win. Just being truthful lol. I get annoyed at any contestant who over-stays their welcome. This now includes Dez as well, but at least he has some charisma.

JWillTrick 11/27/12 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiofriendly (Post 115804432)

If I had to bet my marketing dollars on one of these contestants, it'd be Nicholas. I certainly would not choose Cassadee.

kaylasananjou 11/27/12 03:38 PM

The only reason she's still on here is because the ATL fangirl army votes like crazy for her. She's below mediocre and has had enough cracks at the music industry. Make room for someone with real talent, please.

Fringe 11/27/12 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWillTrick (Post 115811782)
If I had to bet my marketing dollars on one of these contestants, it'd be Nicholas. I certainly would not choose Cassadee.

Umm, not commenting on his talent because he's really good, but Nicholas is easily the least marketable out of any of the top 8.

Cassadee, Dez and maybe Melanie are the only ones I really see going anywhere past the show.

NationalProduct 11/27/12 06:21 PM

they are totally reworking her image, she has this Faith Hill thing going on right now. once again, i still feel her lower register needs work, but her high just kills it.

JWillTrick 11/27/12 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fringe (Post 115819612)
Umm, not commenting on his talent because he's really good, but Nicholas is easily the least marketable out of any of the top 8.

I'm curious, what is your criteria of a marketable artist and/or product in general?

Coverbydesign 11/27/12 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseTx (Post 115791112)
Watched only because I love Michelle Branch. Like serious love.

Sounds pretty good.

What ever happen to Michelle Branch? I wasn't she working on a new album or something.

BlinkMe18278 11/27/12 07:44 PM

I don't get it...i just don't get it... she is so linear. she can only sing high notes

TheRealJohnOC 11/27/12 09:06 PM

I'm extremely jealous of Rian. What a catch dude!

ChaseTx 11/27/12 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coverbydesign (Post 115822702)
What ever happen to Michelle Branch? I wasn't she working on a new album or something.

After her two successful pop albums, she did a country album with her friend/touring musician under the name The Wreckers. Then she did a solo EP, kind of a country/pop thing. She now has a new album in the works that is supposed to be a return to the pop songwriter sound. She's also married and a mother.