AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  Entertainment (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
  -  Gojira (a.k.a. Godzilla) thread (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2965042)

NewAgeofHorus 11/27/12 10:13 AM

Gojira (a.k.a. Godzilla) thread

Need I say more. The king of the monsters.

An icon, not only for the movie industry but for Japan.
What are ap.net's favorite Godzilla films?

Jameswsc 11/27/12 12:16 PM

My favorite was always Godzilla 1985. Godzilla was my childhood, pretty sure I've seen all of them, if not most of them. But yeah, 1985 was my fave and I'm pretty sure that was the 1st one I ever saw too.

I was at comic con this past summer and I saw the teaser they showed for the reboot. Had no idea they were gonna show it and I nearly shit a brick haha! I really liked Monsters, so I'm stoked to see what that director will bring to the table.

NewAgeofHorus 11/27/12 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameswsc (Post 115803882)
My favorite was always Godzilla 1985. Godzilla was my childhood, pretty sure I've seen all of them, if not most of them. But yeah, 1985 was my fave and I'm pretty sure that was the 1st one I ever saw too.

I was at comic con this past summer and I saw the teaser they showed for the reboot. Had no idea they were gonna show it and I nearly shit a brick haha! I really liked Monsters, so I'm stoked to see what that director will bring to the table.

1985 is my 2nd favorite behind the original 1954 Gojira. I still have no idea what the gigantic tick-like bug things are in the ship at the beginning haha

And yeah, the details about the new film sounds promising. Bummer it won't be out until 2014

Smeee 11/27/12 02:45 PM

flask 11/27/12 02:48 PM

So excited to see the new Godzilla. Between that and Pacific Rim, it should be a good year for giant monsters destroying Japan.

StepsInADance 11/27/12 03:38 PM

I remember loving the Mothra movie as a kid. I never saw the old black & white ones, but from pictures I've seen that Godzilla looks the most menacing.

Jameswsc 11/28/12 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAgeofHorus (Post 115804352)
1985 is my 2nd favorite behind the original 1954 Gojira. I still have no idea what the gigantic tick-like bug things are in the ship at the beginning haha

And yeah, the details about the new film sounds promising. Bummer it won't be out until 2014

Ahaha I have no idea what that was either. That bug thing and the dead body they find on the boat scared me as a kid so much!

But yeah, deff a bummer... gonna be a loooong wait!

Thanks for posting this topic! I now feel like re-watching all of them now haha

My other faves are

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack (fucking mouthful lol)
and of course the 1st one!

NewAgeofHorus 11/28/12 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameswsc (Post 115831192)
Ahaha I have no idea what that was either. That bug thing and the dead body they find on the boat scared me as a kid so much!

But yeah, deff a bummer... gonna be a loooong wait!

Thanks for posting this topic! I now feel like re-watching all of them now haha

My other faves are

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack (fucking mouthful lol)
and of course the 1st one!

King Kong vs. Godzilla was pretty awesome, I haven't seen in more than 12 years. I always liked Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, even though I prefer the evil Godzilla over the good Godzilla any day.

and don't even get me on the american Godzilla hahahahahahah

wall e 11/28/12 07:12 AM

annnddd Godzuuuuukiiiiii

suicidesaints 11/28/12 08:03 AM

Gojira is a sick band too

NewAgeofHorus 11/28/12 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicidesaints (Post 115833662)
Gojira is a sick band too

I've seen their name around but never listened to them.

NewAgeofHorus 11/28/12 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flask (Post 115812112)
So excited to see the new Godzilla. Between that and Pacific Rim, it should be a good year for giant monsters destroying Japan.

Yes! It was said that this one will show "how scary a monster destroying a city" would be if it actually happened.

Here's to hoping they make Godzilla a ferocious badass

NewAgeofHorus 11/28/12 08:37 PM

I decided to watch King Kong vs Godzilla. It's still really enjoyable now that I'm 14 years older

upthepunx 11/29/12 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAgeofHorus (Post 115868482)
I decided to watch King Kong vs Godzilla. It's still really enjoyable now that I'm 14 years older

happy 15th birthday

NewAgeofHorus 11/29/12 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthepunx (Post 115876462)
happy 15th birthday

What? Lol no, it's not my birthday, its just been 14 years since I watched it when I was 6.

Thanks anyway!